•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Poll Question :

Should I leave a permanent job for temporary to perm?

Poll Choice
Banking
Healthcare
Stay with banking
Don't bother, just be happy
Or stop working
Login To Vote
Posted: 10 years ago
This is a poll to be taken seriously.  I am in a job dilemma right now.  I need to determine what I should do, is banking or healthcare better?  Banking is paying me the highest money of my career, but I am bored and want to do something different.  It is a permanent job.  The healthcare job is lower money and a chance to do a temporary to hire, but permanent is not guaranteed.  Please help!!!!  ðŸ˜­

To get an answer to this question, you need to answer another question.

Question: Are you "Kabira" or "non-Kabira"?

Answer: Kabira. If you are Kabira i.e. wanderer, not sure of life, risk taker and add to that interested/like healthcare job then you can switch, work hard and I am sure you are capable of getting a permanent job there as well.

Answer Non-Kabira. If you are like many who are stable, have career goals, interest in financial aspects so I dont see any reason to switch just because you are "bored". Whats the guarantee you will not get bored again. Does your ability support you to change things like this? What if you fail.

So assess yourself, your ability, your interests, your goals, and take a decision. There is no use coming here and crying.  
Originally posted by LoveProfusion

This is a poll to be taken seriously.  I am in a job dilemma right now.  I need to determine what I should do, is banking or healthcare better?  Banking is paying me the highest money of my career, but I am bored and want to do something different.  It is a permanent job.  The healthcare job is lower money and a chance to do a temporary to hire, but permanent is not guaranteed.  Please help!!!!  ðŸ˜­
banking and corporate are build on burnouts. The first few party years dwindle down soon and people start to look for different responsibilities, skill sets, and even career options. Do what makes you happy and still puts food on the table. Think about the long term as well. If you leave your bank job, can you survive on this lower paying job for say a year before you have other options? If yes then go for it. If not, you might want to save more before you can explore.
Edited by DonnaHarvey - 10 years ago

Choose the field you are more interested in. Feeling miserable and stuck in the job you dislike can affect other aspects of life too. So if there is no financial crunch you can take a risk if healthcare is what u desire to work in. Otherwise if stability and finances are priorities and it can make you happier choose the permanent one.

Edited by arcoiris - 10 years ago
Which part of world you live in? Just start claiming benefits ;)
Do the job which interests you! Your interest will make your work efficient and they may hire you permanently! ðŸ˜ƒ
''Do what you love, love what you do' 
Edited by pikachu. - 10 years ago
in this economy, just shut up and keep working. 
Thank you everyone for the advice.
I ended up staying with my current
job.  I will just keep the $$$$.  ðŸ˜Š