Basic Questions While Buying Health Insurance in India

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 10 years ago

In India medical facilities have improved over the years with good medical hospitals and doctors so is the cost of the treatment. Illness can happen to anyone in a period of time.

To ensure that one can afford best medical facilities without worrying about the cost is to take Health Insurance.

1. Do you need Health Insurance?

Everyone needs health insurance, whatever age you are in , you can fall sick .

Health Insurance covers you for critical diseases like cancer, heart attack but also give you cover for expenses in hospitals if you fall sick of epidemics like dengue, malaria.

2. How much Health insurance cover you choose?

Every member in the family should be covered and an average of 75000 cover should be for each family member. If someone has some medical problems an individual cover should be taken for that person.

3. Which company to choose from?

The first thing you need to see is your family hospital, doctor so closet best hospital is covered by your health insurance company.

The second thing is that do you have a cashless facility for your claims.

Based on above two factors choose the company with the lowest premium.

When you go for a health Insurance just don't go for critical diseases but a comprehensive health insurance product which covers all your dependants so that in case anything happens, you don't have to dig deep in your savings to get the medical bills sorted out.

Health insurance premiums are based on age and it is better to start early and be covered for entire life or the period Insurance Company is ready to cover.

Now health insurance portability also exists so if you want to change your company and continue your benefits, this is good for customer.

Health Insurance companies in India

1.       Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Co. Ltd.

2.       ICICI Lombard General Insurance Co. Ltd.

3.       IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Co. Ltd.

4.       National Insurance Co. Ltd.

5.       The New India Insurance Co. Ltd.

6.       The Oriental Insurance Co. Ltd.

7.       United India Insurance Co. Ltd.

8.       Reliance General Insurance Co. Ltd.

9.       Royal Sundaram Alliance Insurance Co. Ltd.

10.   Tata AIG General Insurance Co. Ltd.

11.   Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Co. Ltd.

12.   HDFC ERGO General Insurance Co. Ltd.

13.   Star Health and Allied Insurance Company Limited

14.   Apollo Munich Health Insurance Company Limited

15.   Future Generalli India Insurance Company Limited

16.   Universal Sompo General Insurance Company Ltd.

17.   Shriram General Insurance Company Limited

18.   Bharti Axa General Insurance Company Ltd.

19.   Raheja QBE General Insurance Company Limited

20.   SBI General Insurance Company Limited

21.   Max Bupa Health Insurance Company Ltd

22.   L&T General Insurance Company Limited

23.   Religare Health Insurance Company Limited

Come at Bima Deals and you will find the answers of your all insurance related questions.

Great information for newbies. I just hope you keep updating this thread as the rules change. or it might be misleading to a few users.
hi,
  just check your insurance company before buying Health insurance in India. I like LIC Health insurance in India. thank you
Hi.. Very nice post and fully informative... The information you provided is very beneficial and  surely aware a lot of people about the advantages and needs of health insurance policy.. I would also like to suggest on my behalf to compare the policy before buying it. By comparing you can choose the best policy that offers best benefits as per your requirements at reasonable premium.. 
Posted: 9 years ago
Great information!! Thanks
It will give idea to the people who are trying to get the insurance policy for their family and loved ones.
Great information. I just hope you keep updating this thread as the rules change.Thank you.
Great information about health insurance.Could you please discuss some more questions about health insurance such as tax benefits,women health insurance,cashless claim etc.
well informative article and it definitely helps those who are going to take health insurance. 
Great info.Ask more questions such as 
Do I really need health insurance?
Is Health Insurance the same as Life Insurance?
Are Maternity/Pregnancy related expenses covered under Health Insurance plans?
Is there any tax benefit that one can avail of while purchasing Health Insurance?
Apart from these, if you have more query about health insurance you can ask without hesitation.Otherwise you can visit suggsted site http://www.bankbazaar.com/insurance/health-insurance.html for knowing about health insurance.
Hi.. Very nice post...i have taken Health insurance policy from Bajaj Allianz, before taking the policy i was compare from different health insurance companies with the help of policybachat.com.