Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

SRK Karan rift: Karan talks

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

dazzlingdesi

IF-Dazzler

dazzlingdesi

Posted: 16 August 2006 at 9:04am | IP Logged

Not all's well between Shah Rukh Khan and Karan Johar. At least that's what the gossip mongers in Mumbai would want us to believe. The [loose] talk doing the rounds of the industry is that SRK and Karan have had a major tiff. Reason: Trouble erupted soon after SRK watched KABHI ALVIDA NAA KEHNA and was upset with Karan for sidelining him in the film. With Abhishek getting interesting sequences and Rani walking away with a meatier role, SRK, the gossip mills swore, was extremely upset with Karan for giving him a raw deal in the film.

Karan laughs at the rumors when I broached the topic last evening. "Shah Rukh is very happy with his role and also with the film in totality. He's not upset positively," the film-maker clarifies, "In fact, he's happy that he's got a chance to play a role that's not stereotype. And also a role that he hadn't essayed earlier. Not just SRK, each member of the cast is more than proud of K.A.N.K."

But how did these rumors originate in the first place? "A section of the trade is indulging in loose talk. Instead of encouraging a film from the fraternity, they are trying to pull it down by sending rubbish text-messages. I seriously feel I've become a veteran listening to all the muck being spread about my films. The industry wrote off KUCH KUCH HOTA HAI and KABHI KHUSHI KABHIE GHAM in their initial weeks. It doesn't bother me anymore," Karan hits back.

KABHI ALVIDA NAA KEHNA too has had its share of back-biting. "The business of the film should silence the detractors. See, KABHI ALVIDA NAA KEHNA is not the usual Karan Johar film. It's raked up a lot of debates and discussions. I knew it all along that it would take time for the film to settle down. It's an unusual film that comes as a jolt when you watch it the first time. It's a reflection of reality, it's not about unreal worlds. And a film like this grows with time," he smiles.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "SRK Karan rift: Karan talks" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Gracella

IF-Stunnerz

Gracella

Posted: 16 August 2006 at 9:52am | IP Logged
goshh, that's sad! they were such great friends

Post Reply New Post

Go to top