sq174121 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Ms.Bholi Bhali..I agree totally!!..Hats off to u!!! 👏
sq174121 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aparna_BD

My Across the border friends and members please do not get agitated with critisism about whats lacking in Pakistani shows.

We have always happily bashed "Kekta" shows as every Indian and Pakistani members call it. Bashed them for their showing utter nonsence and being removed from reality, from showing too much affluence , from showing extra marital affairs and PMS that hurts people's sentiments. We have bashed them on every section of I-F (Including PSF). So if we criticise a Pakistani show as a debate subject why must we take this personally when Indians have not made this a India- Pakistan issue every time we heard a Pakistani member criticise it!!!!!!!!!

Please calm down and not forget we are trying to find reasons for why pakistani shows do not work in India while Indian shows do work in Pakistan.

Hey Aparna...yeah i agree that we r getting a tinsy bit hyper n i know im the most hyper😳..SORRY for that 😳But its just that in debates i really lyk to argue u know very hyperly cuz its no fun if u dont...But as u know we r not here to make enemies but friends..So guys im gonna try n u guys try aswell to CALM DOWN A BIT!!😆

Aparna_BD thumbnail
Originally posted by: sanaqureshi

OK firstly indian channels R CASTED IN PAKISTAN LEGALLY!!!!...Thats just nowdays the indian channels i mean only star plus is having a bad tym otherwise all the other channels r LEAGAL...

Secondly Indian Dramas r Advertised in pakistan!there r soo many magazines lyk Aighbare-jehan n AVS which r dedicated fully not just to indian dramas but pakistani n a bit of english dramas...

When they r banned so no cable wala take the risk of showing the band channels...We have very tight security about that...ask me i always call the cable wale n ask them to put star plus on but they always tell me at the tym of bans that they r banned n they cannot risk to put them on...so dont get the impression that they r illegaly put on in pakistan n that they rnt advertised here...n btw these dramas rnt advertised by indians but by Pakistanis..So not even indians can give us this excuse that our dramas rnt advertised in India because even u guys dont advertise indian dramas here but we do...

Sanaqureshi plz get your facts right. If their are advertisements in the Pakistani magazines. They can't be by the Pakistani goverment or the Pakistani companies !! What would they gain from it. It would have to be the channels themselves. Like if its a Zee add, it would have to be a Zee channels advertising and marketing . Not some Pakistani company advertising for Zee.

So incase "lack of advertising " is really the issue why Pakistani shows are not popular in India, then its PTV and Geo TV's fault for not advertising their product in India. That is what they need to do. It will not make any sense for Zee TV to be advertising other channels would their be. Same way as why would PTV run a advertisement for ZEE !!
Edited by Aparna_BD - 17 years ago
anjali.nair thumbnail

I think many here are missing the point. The point is why Pakistani shows/movies are not popular in India. Not about which shows are superior. If you guys have only seen Ekta's shows and are arguing based on that then that's a pity too.

India has had a wide range of shows since the doordarshan days  and I always argue that those were the best days. As I mentioned earlier I have watched Pakistani shows living in Jammu-Kashmir. I simply didn't like them. I just couldn't connect with it period. If Pakistani movies and shows were really good then I am sure it would have been telecasted all over India. After all it is money making business. Indian shows and movies are popular in Pakistan so they are shown there. See we love Pakistani music and they are popular here. So if something is good then people will watch it no matter what. Pakistani musicians are always welcome in India because they are good. On the other hand one of Pakistan's leading actress (Meera) failed miserably in Bollywood because of lack of talent.

My question is Why do Pakistani shows need a Rajeev Khandelwal or the likes of him to make a show hit if Pakistani serial actors are that good??

To all my friends here: This is just a topic for debate. Many times there were topics similar to this in PSF and I have read many arguments bashing Indian shows. We take it in that spirit. So please cool down. It's just a debate.

Ms. Bholi Bhali thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aparna_BD

My Across the border friends and members please do not get agitated with critisism about whats lacking in Pakistani shows.

when there is nothing lacking in the Shows, then it really feels bad to see others critizing on invalid points.

We have always happily bashed "Kekta" shows as every Indian and Pakistani members call it. Bashed them for their showing utter nonsence and being removed from reality, from showing too much affluence , from showing extra marital affairs and PMS that hurts people's sentiments. We have bashed them on every section of I-F (Including PSF). So if we criticise a Pakistani show as a debate subject why must we take this personally when Indians have not made this a India- Pakistan issue every time we heard a Pakistani member criticise it!!!!!!!!!

yes she was bashed, coz ppl watch those (ekta) shows, you never watched any Pakistani show and u are making points without watching Pakistani shows. there is a different!!!

If neil armstrong sit and talk about the moon, and how it really feels like, then it makes sense, but if we say, that moon is good and how it is, then we will make a fool out of ourselves. coz we never went there!!!

samething is happening here!!! ppl who bashed EKta kapoor shows are the regular viewer of her shows and of Pakistanis shows too!!! but here in this discussion, ppl who are pointing things out are not viewers of Pakistanis shows!!!

Please calm down and not forget we are trying to find reasons for why pakistani shows do not work in India while Indian shows do work in Pakistan.

Edited by Ms. Bholi Bhali - 17 years ago
Aparna_BD thumbnail

Hey Aparna...yeah i agree that we r getting a tinsy bit hyper n i know im the most hyper😳..SORRY for that 😳But its just that in debates i really lyk to argue u know very hyperly cuz its no fun if u dont...But as u know we r not here to make enemies but friends..So guys im gonna try n u guys try aswell to CALM DOWN A BIT!!😆

Thx dear for understanding.😊 Being hyper is good, but please don't take these discussion personally. They are not intended to hurt any one's sentiment.
sq174121 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ms. Bholi Bhali

ofcourse they are published, when i was there, there used to be weekly mags where there were highlights of famous dramas from all over the world, including Indian soaps!!!

newspapers are a private thing, so they will carry what the ppl want to read. in the entertainment section.

zaroori nahian hai keh jo India nahian kar raha hai, woh Pakistan bhi nahain kar raha hai. Pakistan is an independent country, and very much open to every kind of channels. expect po*n!

I thought we all agreed that indian dramas r Advertised in pakistan...I BUY the magazines every month n week (the weekly ones ofcourse)..SO what makes u say that they rnt published in pakistani magazines??

anjali.nair thumbnail

I never said that they r Pakistanis..i just Ment that their families r from pakistan..it all goes back to family..

Again your argument is not correct. If it goes back to family then Pakistani PM's family is still in lucknow and Pakistani founder Jinnah's grandson is a proud Indian. You mentioned that Kapoors and Khans are from Pakistan. The correct fact would be they were from the states which is now in Pakistan similarly Jinnah and Musharaff are from states which is now in India.

Actually I think this is deviation from the main subject. I hope we stick to the subject.

anjali.nair thumbnail

[I thought we all agreed that indian dramas r Advertised in pakistan...I BUY the magazines every month n week (the weekly ones ofcourse)..SO what makes u say that they rnt published in pakistani magazines??

Obviously something which sells will have market right? Indian stars and shows and movies are so popular so magazines will sell. We get news about Pakistani musicians in our magazines and TV because they are popular here. For things which has no takers will not be advertised.

Somewhere I read your argument that Ekta hypnotises the audience. Come on!!! She is a 30 year old businesswoman not a magician.

Aparna_BD thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ms. Bholi Bhali