Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Manojie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
I think the people who compare this version to BR Chopra's version need to know that B.R. Chopra's version isn't Ved Vyas' version. He had many mistakes in his version!! Tell your parents this 😆

People who keep saying this didn't happen in the other version etc. need to realise this!

Having said that, I felt everything was good except the storytelling.
Manojie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
People who are complaining that Shantanu is the root of all this also need to know:

Shantanu refused to marry Satyavati taking away his son's rights. It is Devrat who himself made the vow. He didn't ask or tell his father, nor did Shantanu ask him to do such thing!!
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Mkerai

I think the people who compare this version to BR Chopra's version need to know that B.R. Chopra's version isn't Ved Vyas' version. He had many mistakes in his version!! Tell your parents this 😆

People who keep saying this didn't happen in the other version etc. need to realise this!

Having said that, I felt everything was good except the storytelling.

well I read Mahabharat's many version n none of their story is similer to what they showed in last episode...what B.R. Chopra showed for Satyavati was the right story which meintiond in every book..what they showed yesterday is just a story made by writers..
swetha2204 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Mkerai

My verdict so far is, I am not impressed so far.

I think, what's the point of remaking an old story, if you don't intend on making it better than the original in every way?

Their story telling is weak. Good costume, special effects, set, casting, etc. but weak story telling. They completely cut out Ganga and Shantanu's marriage and Shalya (Amba's prince).

Also Devrat's promise was made to Satyavati's father not Satyavati.

Exactly Devrat's promise was to her father and not to Satyavati directly...
I hope they dont twist the great epic and go with the actuals facts...
Overall it was promising but I hope they dont have too much of discourses... 🤢
Hearing to discources is good but I want to see the epic story unfold with slick editing...
Ganga was the best...
Stalwart. thumbnail
This show is really good!
bhas1066 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
hi
just saw the 2nd episode. i think CVs are tring to make a 'serial drama' mahabharat.
why are they trying to potray the feminine characters this way???
amba was never arrogant or cruel( the burning of crop fields was totally OTT), only outspoken.  if this her character shown how will they justify her meekness to be kidnapped by bheesma??
and the way satyavati spoke to bheesma... does she understand the sacrifice he made for her???not acc to star plus version, it seems.
is star plus promoting feminism or vampisim?
i am a bit dissappointed.
bhas1066 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
hi

on a plus side i did like the bheeshma pratigya scene. the actor is good!

P.s. the end discourse by krishna was good , but He making pots🤣

Edited by bhas1066 - 10 years ago
chirpy_life19 thumbnail
Originally posted by: bhas1066

hi

on a plus side i did like the bheeshma pratigya scene. the actor is good! but bheesma doesnt ask for iccha mrityu boon. shantanu gives it so that he can choose to die in the mahalaya month to be able to attain heaven . since in those days without anybody performing the death rituals(tarpanam) a soul cannot attain heaven. hence the imp to ancestral rites. hence the revealing of karna's truth by kunti.
bheeshma not having children would be deprived of his last rites but mahalaya month is the month where there is exception to tis rule. hemce the ichha mrtityu boon.

Thanks for sharing!This is new for me.

One thing I dont get here,what about sages who dont have any family and lead a sanyaasi life?😕
Ok they dont need any heavens.They merge in god.😆

But didn't Bheeshma get Salvation!?
Edited by Cool-n-Fresh - 10 years ago
pooja-menon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Episode Review: 17/09/2013

I thought today's episode was much better..

So Devrath takes his vow and becomes Bhishma.. and gets the iccha mrutya vardaan

Fast forward 24 years.. Panchal kingdom.. I am assuming that is no Drupad.. maybe his father??.. Anyways becoz of the background music or what ..dunno.. but I was not able to hear his dialogues properly..😕

Don't know whether what they have shown of Vichitravirya was part of the book ..or was it a fictionalised account.. ?? 😕

I was wondering how could Bhishma let it go if Vichi has really committed all those crimes?? 😕..First premonition of Bhishma's end was announced by Panchal Naresh... 😳

But Bhishma took class of Vichi after returning.. looking at this state..he is soo not fit to rule.. Satyavati wasn't pleased there with Bhishma

How could Amba just burn the crops?? 😲..that was too much creative liberty 😕

Krishna's scene was good ..I am glad he was at the end 😊

Bye bye.. Sameer..aka Shantanu
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: bhas1066

hi

on a plus side i did like the bheeshma pratigya scene. the actor is good! but bheesma doesnt ask for iccha mrityu boon. shantanu gives it so that he can choose to die in the mahalaya month to be able to attain heaven . since in those days without anybody performing the death rituals(tarpanam) a soul cannot attain heaven. hence the imp to ancestral rites. hence the revealing of karna's truth by kunti.
bheeshma not having children would be deprived of his last rites but mahalaya month is the month where there is exception to tis rule. hemce the ichha mrtityu boon.

Bhishma does not die in the Mahalaya period. He dies when Uttarayan begins, i.e the sun begins its northward journey. This would be approximately around Jan 14-15- when the sun enters the Makara constellation.

Just because Bhishma does not have a son does not mean he cannot be given the last rites. Dritarashtra - who is Bhishma's brother's son is as eligible to perform the last rites as a natural son. So that would have been the least of his worries.