Mahabharat

All the discussions about old Mahabharata here only[DT NOTE - page 98] (Page 49)

Post Reply New Post

Page 49 of 114

Ashwini_D

Ashwini_D

Posted: 12 January 2014 at 9:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Shruti

Originally posted by ashwi_d

The BRC Mahabharat definitely got the casting right in terms of acting ability. All were excellent actors with good diction and dialogue delivery, which is seen lacking a lot of times in the current show. Although some actors were older than the characters they were playing, they played their parts well.
In Star Plus's Mahabharata, some actors have been cast only because of their looks.
Agreed!
Who was older by the way? Just curious Smile

BRC MB's casting will be supreme forever <3
All were chosen on their ability to act..and were handsome too.

i take that 'old' comment back, one can't really comment on the the age of the actors as the epic covers a long time span.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

rasyafan

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "All the discussions about old Mahabharata here only[DT NOTE - page 98] (Page 49)" in Mahabharat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Shruti

IF-Sizzlerz

-Shruti

Posted: 12 January 2014 at 9:54am | IP Logged
Right now I discovered the individual DVDs available...of the historical 'Bheeshma Pratigya' scene. Feeling elated Big smile
Will grab my copy soon.
Bheeshma...MK <3

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

simplysappierasyafan

-Shruti

IF-Sizzlerz

-Shruti

Posted: 12 January 2014 at 9:56am | IP Logged

The BRC Mahabharat definitely got the casting right in terms of acting ability. All were excellent actors with good diction and dialogue delivery, which is seen lacking a lot of times in the current show. Although some actors were older than the characters they were playing, they played their parts well.
In Star Plus's Mahabharata, some actors have been cast only because of their looks.
Agreed!

i take that 'old' comment back, one can't really comment on the the age of the actors as the epic covers a long time span.
You watched the show in 1980s? Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

lovesunshine

Indu13

IF-Dazzler

Indu13

Posted: 12 January 2014 at 10:02am | IP Logged
The old MB has a charm that is still unmatched. I think they do play old epi's of that MB in one of the star channels. The casting, music everything was top class. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

daenerysnowsimplysappieshivamalarasyafan

Ashwini_D

Ashwini_D

Posted: 12 January 2014 at 11:09am | IP Logged

Agreed!

You watched the show in 1980s? Smile

No, on Youtube Smile, what about you? 

-Shruti

IF-Sizzlerz

-Shruti

Posted: 12 January 2014 at 8:55pm | IP Logged

No, on YoutubeSmile, what about you?
I haven't watched the complete show. Have viewed some clips of Bheeshma...and the 'Bheeshma Pratigya' scene is my favourite Embarrassed

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Ashwini_Drasyafan

Aradhana87

IF-Dazzler

Aradhana87

Posted: 14 January 2014 at 12:32pm | IP Logged
i found the video of the movie mahabharat aur barbareek made last year(2013). it has the cast of mahabharat in it. pandavs(nakul is replaced), Krishna, draupadi, karna, duryodhan and dronacharya. so a kind of reunion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5jE_fbPloA
credit goes to the uploader.

Smile

rasyafan

IF-Dazzler

rasyafan

Posted: 14 January 2014 at 8:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Aradhana87

i found the video of the movie mahabharat aur barbareek made last year(2013). it has the cast of mahabharat in it. pandavs(nakul is replaced), Krishna, draupadi, karna, duryodhan and dronacharya. so a kind of reunion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5jE_fbPloA
credit goes to the uploader.

Smile

Great movie I watched it and it seemed as if it is a part of Mr B R Chopra's Mahabharat, very nice thanks for posting this link.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top