Mahabharat

Shamin Mannan WANTED to play Draupadi....!!

Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

I wish I could play Draupadi: Shamin Mannan

TV actress Shamin Mannan, who became popular as Bhoomi in "Sanskaar - Dharohar Apno Ki", seems to have enough of "saas-bahu" drama and says that she was very keen to play Draupadi in the new "Mahabharat" series.Shamin quit "Sanskaar" recently and was replaced by Marathi actress Kadambari Kadam.

"I have already done saas-bahu type serial, now I want to do a completely romantic story, a young love story or any strong social drama where I get to deliver. Like political drama," Shamin said here in an interview.

"If something like that comes, I will definitely do," added the actress who has given screen test for two shows and is trying to get into films as well.

Meanwhile, Shamin is amazed at the grandeur of Draupadi's character in the epic show "Mahabharat", set to go on-air Sep 16 on Star Plus.

She said that she wanted to play Draupadi and added: "I have seen posters of Mahabharat' and I really wish if I could play Draupadi. It's a very powerful character and Mahabharat' is an epic story. I would have been lucky to be a part of it."

In "Mahabharat", Delhi-based girl Pooja Sharma will be seen as Draupadi, whose look and costumes in the show have been designed by Oscar winning costume designer Bhanu Athaiya.

"They have beautifully styled the character (of Draupadi). I really wish if I could do that, but at that time I was doing Sanskaar', so could not make it to that," said Shamin.

Shamin had featured in shows like "Banoo Main Teri Dulhann" and "Maat Pitaah Ke Charnon Mein Swarg".

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters