Debate Mansion

Why LK Advani always had to take backseat? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

krystal_watz

IF-Rockerz

krystal_watz

Posted: 14 September 2013 at 9:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Skepblun

LK Advani is such a senior leader and if I am not mistaken he is among the chief builders of BJP.

I wonder why was he never able to become the PM himself? Why did he have to announce AB Vajpayee as the Prime Ministerial candidate in 1998?

Even now he is asked to announce Modi's name.

It is understandable now because he is too old and perhaps won't have the connect with the populace.

But why was he never able to attain the top position which he so aspired for?

I request members to please enlighten me on LK Advani as a politician and a leader and his failings (especially their causes).

For all his leadership and being called Lohpurush was he never able to attain the ultimate position?

Also, I know this is another debate in itself, but do you think Advani has been a weakness for BJP now? Is he doing more harm than good for the party?

He's a flip-flopper. That's his biggest down point. Running off to Pakistan and heaping "secular" laurels on Jinnah squandering his earlier hardliner stance and abandoning the RJ cause. Plus, he was seen as way too radical back in 1998---Rath Yatras et al. He propped up Vajpayee for his own party's sake. 
I'd like to quote a dialogue from a flop movie---"Confusing images kisiko bhi pasand nahi". Tongue

Edited by krystal_watz - 14 September 2013 at 9:51am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

silverbug

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why LK Advani always had to take backseat? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top