Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 13

Forever-KA

IF-Rockerz

Forever-KA

Posted: 13 September 2013 at 11:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by BirdieNumNum

Originally posted by King-Anu

lol talking about "discordant"Tongue, i noticed following "discordant" notes in your research-

1. page 1=> I answered the questions. I might have even been the first one to do so. So your conclusion above ref me is false. Kabhi toh credit dohLOL

2. the question at the start presented two choices Fair OR dark. Somewhere along the way, we seem to have added a third (Do not care). Shifty, very shifty fox.LOL

so much for folks being able to debate.LOL This proposition or that proposition means mongolians, DNA sequences, both, hmongs. It's really fun stuff, isn't it?LOL

btw, coming to do not care, what is meant by that? Koi bhi chalega?LOL

NumNum,

1- You indeed answered the questions on first page. However I still do not know if you are fair or dark compared to average sub-continent person. Therefore you are showing up as incomplete.

2- The idea to test "NumNum theory of Beautivity" came somehwere in between. It has nothing to do with first page anyway. Initial pages were just asking about those 3 questions.

3- You later said those who say dark is beautiful are themselves with that shade. I then thought that it could also be that those who are fair in our society tend to be more confident of themselves and therefore more positive as well. This is why I dont think NumNum theory of beauty will hold true as such people will dilute the results.

4- I did say it was not apriori meaning not set from the start.

5- As I said technically it should be fair is better, dark is better or do not care. However I think two group do makes sense from social point of view. On one hand are people who find fair better. On the other hand are people who do not believe in that mindset that fair is better. It also helped with numbes

I dont think this is going anywhere. We are not getting new data. I also agree there is element of saying all this in front of others as well. Thats is usually a problem with any self-report.

Lets leave the NumNum theory of beautivity for people to decide. lol

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LovelyPlanet

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is dark beautiful? (Page 8)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 14 September 2013 at 12:12am | IP Logged
Everyone is beautiful in their own way, Smile...but If it takes you more than a hour to get ready, then you aren't as cute as you think you are!!!Sleepy

Edited by Vinzy - 14 September 2013 at 1:17am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

moomin4455Forever-KA

-Aiza-

-Aiza-

Posted: 14 September 2013 at 9:14am | IP Logged
No big deal, white people often tan, or wear foundation to appear browner. I don't see why this is being made out to be a problem. I don't hear outcry at false tanning!

Forever-KA

LovelyPlanet

Goldie

LovelyPlanet

Posted: 14 September 2013 at 10:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Aiza-

No big deal, white people often tan, or wear foundation to appear browner. I don't see why this is being made out to be a problem. I don't hear outcry at false tanning!
LOLreally who told you so? foundation is worn to get even tone, not to look browner unless you mean bronzer?

Forever-KA

LovelyPlanet

Goldie

LovelyPlanet

Posted: 14 September 2013 at 10:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vinzy

Everyone is beautiful in their own way, Smile...but If it takes you more than a hour to get ready, then you aren't as cute as you think you are!!!Sleepy
and if you spend under one hour to get ready, I will question your hygieneWink

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Forever-KAVinzy

BirdieNumNum

BirdieNumNum

Posted: 14 September 2013 at 11:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by King-Anu

NumNum,

1- You indeed answered the questions on first page. However I still do not know if you are fair or dark compared to average sub-continent person. Therefore you are showing up as incomplete.

2- The idea to test "NumNum theory of Beautivity" came somehwere in between. It has nothing to do with first page anyway. Initial pages were just asking about those 3 questions.

3- You later said those who say dark is beautiful are themselves with that shade. I then thought that it could also be that those who are fair in our society tend to be more confident of themselves and therefore more positive as well. This is why I dont think NumNum theory of beauty will hold true as such people will dilute the results.

4- I did say it was not apriori meaning not set from the start.

5- As I said technically it should be fair is better, dark is better or do not care. However I think two group do makes sense from social point of view. On one hand are people who find fair better. On the other hand are people who do not believe in that mindset that fair is better. It also helped with numbes

I dont think this is going anywhere. We are not getting new data. I also agree there is element of saying all this in front of others as well. Thats is usually a problem with any self-report.

Lets leave the NumNum theory of beautivity for people to decide. lol

lol @ incomplete. This is sounding like a school test. Sir jiTongue, i have also answered that question under 3. You just need to read between the lines.LOL It's somewhere between fair and light brown by north indian standards. Depends where one looks...LOL

i also had hypocritical/ loser ie. other wonderful possibilities. Looks like you're wanting to read what you want to.Smile

ok, i will grant this. Jitne aishwarya yahaan dekhen hain, woh kahi aur nahi dekhe. If not aishwarya, then sachayee ki murtiyan. I sometimes feel i am in exalted company LOL

Forever-KA

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 14 September 2013 at 11:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lonely0planet

Originally posted by Vinzy

and if you spend under one hour to get ready, I will question your hygieneWink
Depends on how unhygienic one was to begin with LOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

peridot.BirdieNumNumLovelyPlanetForever-KAVinzy

K03L

K03L

Posted: 14 September 2013 at 12:56pm | IP Logged
I am from India and I know for a fact that people who are dark are considered 'not beautiful' in India. There is even a documentary on it called "India Untouched". I haven't watched it but my friend did. I think it's about how dark skinned people are not treated right. And there are some people in China and Korea who bleach their skin to appear more whiter. For them, the more whiter you are, the more beautiful you are. This concept does not make sense with me because it sounds totally absurd.

Dark is beautiful, of course. One's color does not define one's beauty.

Forever-KA

Post Reply New Post

Go to top