Debate Mansion

Is dark beautiful? (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 13

Forever-KA

IF-Rockerz

Forever-KA

Posted: 12 September 2013 at 12:38pm | IP Logged
lp: finish..hmmm..lol.. mumta kulkarni is a former bollywood actress.

ez: oh stop it. your answer is fair/white.

aarya: nice.here is someone for you to drool over (or climb over)

rth: thanks. however the topic is more about you than indian culture. lol. if all else is equal, who do you prefer?

okay so far its 3-0 in favor of white. note only 3 have answered that question specifically.

Edited by King-Anu - 12 September 2013 at 12:39pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

LovelyPlanet-Aarya-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is dark beautiful? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

enigmatic_zephy

IF-Sizzlerz

enigmatic_zephy

Posted: 12 September 2013 at 12:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by BirdieNumNum

Originally posted by enigmatic_zephy

You are a gem..

i want to see one faceoff between you and vintu..LOL..hades and genie..

popocorns.!!!

lol who? me? You might be confusing me for someone who's actually bright and smart. No comparison with all the big diggajes hereLOL

modesty..

koi nahi then we shall have quarter finals with you LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Forever-KA

Forever-KA

IF-Rockerz

Forever-KA

Posted: 12 September 2013 at 12:58pm | IP Logged
Yesterday electricity went off at night. I came out and sat in balcony. After a wam day, it gets cooler in the evening here. There is sea breeze. No one was at home. The sky was clear. It was dark and quiet. I took out my Ipod Touch and listened to

it was so peaceful.  I can never do that in daytime when its bright but hot and humid.

Dark in this regard is very beautiful.

On this filmi note. its time to turn of the lights and sleep. g night. lol 

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 12 September 2013 at 2:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by King-Anu

rth: thanks. however the topic is more about you than indian culture. lol. if all else is equal, who do you prefer?

Well if it's just about personal preference it isn't a debate is it?

My preference. I don't think I actually have a preference for skin tones. I find Donald Driver and Aaron Rodgers both equally sexy and attractive in different ways. I find that both Halle Berry and Anne Hathaway are equally gorgeous.

Amidst desis - Bipasha, Nandita Das, Sushmita Sen, Parineeti Chopra - I find attractive. Mallika Sherawat, Kareena Kapoor, Aishwariya Ria - I find unattractive. John Abraham, Salman Khan, Dhanush - I find attractive. Ajan Devgan, Shahrukh Khan, Rajdeep Hooda - I find unattractive.

I don't think color does anything for me. But I am shallow in other appearances - I cannot stand hooked noses like SRK. I cannot stand hairy chests like Anil Kapoor, I don't find rotund South Indian heroes attractive at all.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

LovelyPlanetForever-KAenigmatic_zephy

FreshDaisy

IF-Sizzlerz

FreshDaisy

Posted: 12 September 2013 at 2:30pm | IP Logged
Skin tone doesnt matter AT ALL..
And yes dark can be beautiful...
Personally I like tanned/olive skin tone.

shweta2728Forever-KADexterkilaila

moomin4455

IF-Dazzler

moomin4455

Posted: 12 September 2013 at 7:50pm | IP Logged
Beauty is beauty: to me dark or fair is moot. I don't think the the skin colour really is the issue; it's actually skin quality that plays a key role for me. Clear, glowing and healthy skin will be stunning regardless of the colour.
If a person sees fair skin as a 'prize' and is determined not to see the beauty in dark skin because some South Asian people can have a problem with it...well...it's just sad.

Forever-KAenigmatic_zephyDexterkilaila

shweta2728

IF-Dazzler

shweta2728

Posted: 12 September 2013 at 8:25pm | IP Logged
I think the fairness of skin color is something that is embedded into our brains since we were born...in fact I would call this thinking genetic. Why? I think this could be the effect of British ruling over the South Asian continent for so many years which caused inferiority complex. Even in folk tales or religious symbolism, black/dark symbolizes negativity and evil whereas white/fairness symbolizes purity and positivity. So this kind of thinking is being carried on for ages.

This leads us to racism. Why were acts of racism practiced against the African Americans? Why were they turned to slaves? Why does racism still exist? Why do those who are white think they are better than darker people? How does it make them special? The only people who could answer these questions are the people who do think they are better because of their skin color. Will they tell the reasons? No, because the know it's wrong.

Let's come back to the south Asian continent. Why are more dark girls turned down than dark boys. This I think is a whole different issue. But why do North Indians or any light colored Indians type cast South Indians as dark? Sri Devi and Hema Malini are also south Indians. But I mainly think that it is inferiority complex in the S.A. Continent which cause people to think like this.

Are dark people beautiful? Yes they are! Many of the top models here in USA are African Americans. Halle Berry or Beyonce who was named as the most beautiful woman in the world.

You should not judge one by the darkness or fairness of their skin color, what matters is what kind of person they are. We are all made special in our own way. Today in America, those who had ancestors who were once racist towards dark color...go tanning...and it is considered beautiful!

Edited by shweta2728 - 12 September 2013 at 8:27pm

Forever-KA

Forever-KA

IF-Rockerz

Forever-KA

Posted: 12 September 2013 at 8:49pm | IP Logged

great points all. yes this topic is less of a debate and more of getting to know personal view first.

now according to "NumNum theory of beautivity" which if I understood properly says that those who tend to be darker in skin tone are more likely to say dark is beautiful. Therefore posters here can be divided into fair versus dark

Fair
- Miss/Mr. Zephy
- Mr NumNum
- Miss Planet

Dark in skin tone
- Miss Laila
- Miss Aarya
- Miss Hades
- Miss Daisy
- Miss Moomin
- Miss Shweta

There are 9 members.

My request to each member is if they are okay then please state whether you are fair or dark in skin tone. We can then test in how many cases NumNum theory of beautivity holds true.

Note: Fair and dark here are relative to Indian sub-continent.

Note: Please take this as positively as being fair or dark is not an insult 

Edited by King-Anu - 12 September 2013 at 8:50pm

shweta2728

Post Reply New Post

Go to top