Is dark beautiful? - Page 3

Posted: 10 years ago
Skin tone doesnt matter AT ALL..
And yes dark can be beautiful...
Personally I like tanned/olive skin tone.
Beauty is beauty: to me dark or fair is moot. I don't think the the skin colour really is the issue; it's actually skin quality that plays a key role for me. Clear, glowing and healthy skin will be stunning regardless of the colour.
If a person sees fair skin as a 'prize' and is determined not to see the beauty in dark skin because some South Asian people can have a problem with it...well...it's just sad.
I think the fairness of skin color is something that is embedded into our brains since we were born...in fact I would call this thinking genetic. Why? I think this could be the effect of British ruling over the South Asian continent for so many years which caused inferiority complex. Even in folk tales or religious symbolism, black/dark symbolizes negativity and evil whereas white/fairness symbolizes purity and positivity. So this kind of thinking is being carried on for ages.

This leads us to racism. Why were acts of racism practiced against the African Americans? Why were they turned to slaves? Why does racism still exist? Why do those who are white think they are better than darker people? How does it make them special? The only people who could answer these questions are the people who do think they are better because of their skin color. Will they tell the reasons? No, because the know it's wrong.

Let's come back to the south Asian continent. Why are more dark girls turned down than dark boys. This I think is a whole different issue. But why do North Indians or any light colored Indians type cast South Indians as dark? Sri Devi and Hema Malini are also south Indians. But I mainly think that it is inferiority complex in the S.A. Continent which cause people to think like this.

Are dark people beautiful? Yes they are! Many of the top models here in USA are African Americans. Halle Berry or Beyonce who was named as the most beautiful woman in the world.

You should not judge one by the darkness or fairness of their skin color, what matters is what kind of person they are. We are all made special in our own way. Today in America, those who had ancestors who were once racist towards dark color...go tanning...and it is considered beautiful!Edited by shweta2728 - 10 years ago

great points all. yes this topic is less of a debate and more of getting to know personal view first.

now according to "NumNum theory of beautivity" which if I understood properly says that those who tend to be darker in skin tone are more likely to say dark is beautiful. Therefore posters here can be divided into fair versus dark

Fair
- Miss/Mr. Zephy
- Mr NumNum
- Miss Planet

Dark in skin tone
- Miss Laila
- Miss Aarya
- Miss Hades
- Miss Daisy
- Miss Moomin
- Miss Shweta

There are 9 members.

My request to each member is if they are okay then please state whether you are fair or dark in skin tone. We can then test in how many cases NumNum theory of beautivity holds true.

Note: Fair and dark here are relative to Indian sub-continent.

Note: Please take this as positively as being fair or dark is not an insult 
Edited by King-Anu - 10 years ago
I'm so coal black that people often confuse me to be African rather than Indian. 
I am not like pale light but I am lighter than the average color of a Indian.
And I'm proud of it! So many people wish they had the same tan as me! Tanning is a trend in the US. I am close to this...a mix of golden and chestnut...but closer to a dark tint of golden.

here's a skin color chart...http://i.imgur.com/ZLZQ72l.jpgEdited by shweta2728 - 10 years ago
Originally posted by King-Anu

great points all. yes this topic is less of a debate and more of getting to know personal view first.

now according to "NumNum theory of beautivity" which if I understood properly says that those who tend to be darker in skin tone are more likely to say dark is beautiful. Therefore posters here can be divided into fair versus dark

Fair
- Miss/Mr. Zephy
- Mr NumNum
- Miss Planet

Dark in skin tone
- Miss Laila
- Miss Aarya
- Miss Hades
- Miss Daisy
- Miss Moomin
- Miss Shweta

There are 9 members.

My request to each member is if they are okay then please state whether you are fair or dark in skin tone. We can then test in how many cases NumNum theory of beautivity holds true.

Note: Fair and dark here are relative to Indian sub-continent.

Note: Please take this as positively as being fair or dark is not an insult 

Ridiculous stereotyping at its best in bolded red.😆

<-------- That's my picture on the DP. Clearly, I'm not dark skinned. However, I love dark skin. Therefore, I tan on the beach every summer and all the guys I end up dating like me tan as well, I  I get pale in the winter and I hate that.  I guess some of us just appreciate what we don't naturally have. It's human nature, really. Girls with natural curly hair envy girls with natural straight hair. Girls with natural straight hair envy girls with natural curly here. There is no conspiracy theory at work, here.I only bothered to answer since you put my name in that list of your's. Or else, I find this entire line of reasoning preposterous.ðŸĪŠ
Data collection process has started. Since the input here is self-report there is chance of bias here. Anyway I have to go with what each person is saying.

1) So RTH is "coal black" like Africans. Okay I am imagining you as

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjA7PrKEsoE[/YOUTUBE]

2) Shewta. Skin color chart. lol. It doesnt matter what you are. Important thing is you are happy. Thats what I like to see in people.

3) Dex. I am not stereotyping. lol. I am testing "NumNum theory of beautivity" here. And I cant see your picture. All that I see is a clown making faces. Anyway thanks.

Data is being processed. Once all data is collected results will be out.
^^^Then I can't help ya unless I appear in front of you in person.😆 Although why are you so inquisitive about people's skin color is beyond me. ðŸĪ” Do we always look for bias with a magnifying glass whenever an opinion is given on a forum or is this just being done in this instance to stir shit up?  If latter is the case, I'll let the others duke it out and watch from the gallery. Ciao.😆
Originally posted by Dexterkilaila

^^^Then I can't help ya unless I appear in front of you in person.😆 Although why are you so inquisitive about people's skin color is beyond me. ðŸĪ” Do we always look for bias with a magnifying glass whenever an opinion is given on a forum or is this just being done in this instance to stir shit up?  If latter is the case, I'll let the others duke it out and watch from the gallery. Ciao.😆

NumNum raised an interesting point. I am testing that. I also understand that this test is not perfect as not everyone will report correctly. However in the end we have to go with the data we have. If there are any flaws in data collection process, I will make a note of it. It is as simple as that.

And I don't give a damn about what skin color people have here. You are taking it too seriously. lol  Still thanks for input.

P.S: If you can change the clown who is making faces in your avi then it would be appreciated. Otherwise okay.  lol
Edited by King-Anu - 10 years ago