Advance Onam wish to all my forum friends

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
Hi All,
From tomorrow I am taking a long break from the forum and will be back only on 24-Sep. It is for Onam celebrations. I am visiting some of my relatives and couple of my cousins are visiting me too. Hence wishing all my forum friends a very happy onam which falls on 16-Sep-2013. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Duggukede thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
ok take care 
happy onam what is it if you dont mind me asking 
-beena- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Happy Onam to you too.God Bless you.I also enjoy Onam a lot and am waiting for it.
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@Duggukede Onam is a 10 day festival celebrated in Kerala. According to mythology it is believed that Mahabali who once ruled Kerala visits during Onam time.Mahabali the asura king was pushed underground by Vamana the 5th avatar of Vishnu. Since Mahabali was a just and good king Vamana asked what boon he wants. Mahabali said he wants to visit his kingdom once a year. So it is believed he visits during Onam time.
We make big floral carpets, swings are there and ladies participate in a dance called Thiruvathira. All offices have Onam celebrations. We have floral carpet competitions and Thiruvathira and Folk song competition. Currently it is happening in my office and I am actively participating. It will conclude tomorrow as everyone will proceed for vacations by Friday. 
Duggukede thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
oh ok i didnt know that i had heard of it but didnt know what it actually was thanks for explaining to me happy onam 
-beena- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Onam is a festival celebrated by the people of Kerala (India).It is also a state holiday in Kerala.Though it is mainly a Hindu Festival,it is celebrated by people from other religions  of Kerala too.The Festival falls during the malayalam month of Chingam (Aug-Sept).People of all religions, castes and communities from Kerala celebrate the festival with equal joy.It is a ten day festival. Of all these days, most important ones are the first day, Atham and the last or tenth day, Thiru Onam. One of the main feature of Onam is the grand feast called Onasadya (a nine course meal consisting of 11-13 or more dishes)..It is served on banana leaves and the meal is had by sitting on a mat laid on the floor.A number of cultural programmes, dances, songs and feasts mark the festival. Edited by Rohitpatel1 - 10 years ago
timepass thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Wish you a very happy Onam celebrations and festivities😊.
God Bless you all with happiness and health😊

I will miss your presence Shruthi...now you gone...Shobhana has already gone, Sindu is also gone, Amisha is barely here...hope you all come back soon...because this forum needs your perspectives
b2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Happy Onam Shruthi.  Happy celebrations.
Ritu- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Happy Onam. Have a good time celebrating it. Enjoy. 😊
UMDU thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Happy Onam to you too Shruthi. Will miss you in the forum. Enjoy your time with family and friends. Come back soon.