Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 7
Page 5 Page 7

radev24

IF-Sizzlerz

radev24

Posted: 11 September 2013 at 12:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Yuvika_15

shocking day...and since then the world hasn't been the same... I don't think it ever will... I partly blame politics for the mess the world is facing today...
RIP to those victims who lost their lives... even those who survived when interviewed say that the day is still fresh in their minds, it kinda left its scar on everyone...

Yuvika, It appears from your post that you live here in the West, because indeed the US has never been the same and perhaps never will. The horrendous and horrific tragedy impacted worldwide but most of them are not in the mess US still is and continues to be and there is no end in sight if there has been no end in sight even after 12 years. The scar has been so deep that the way I have been personally experiencing the impact even today, inspite of being overly optimistic, I am not so any more. 12 years has not eradicated the bad economy in most states around the US even today.

My RIP below for the victims as also prayers in the long quote below.

Very touchy RIP video by this young man in the background ...

Originally posted by radev24

Originally posted by seema12345

one of the saddest days

We Will Always Remember...  Patriot Day Skies.   Patriot Day Skies. 

Patriot DayPatriot Day

Unite In Silent Grief!Unite In Silent Grief!Unite In Silent Grief!

Seema, dont know if you read copy/paste below but this day every year takes me to a world I cant even describe. For more than an hour I just finished talking to my GF who has since moved back to her island in the Caribbeans. And this happens every year for  last x # of years and we share things nobody would want to share. Yet, of course, she is thankful that miraculously her entire family was saved.

Originally posted by radev24

Remembering September 11th

Originally posted by -Deepzz-

Radev ,
What a coincidence . My friend used to work at an office in one of the  twin towers . Say its divine interference or his stars , on the day before the bombing , he met with minor accident and broke his leg. He was advised to stay home for a couple days.  Like they say "Bala Tali" , his life was spared with a small accident . 

Condolences to the departed  souls families. Though world moves on , they will always be remembered. Salute to all the brave volunteers who gave up their lives trying to save others.  

I was also writing below when I noticed the thread as GA. Deepz, stories like these abound of such lucky ones. But as I was writing to mapletree below, 3000 gave their lives while saving other lives.

And also briefly about my GF and her family.

Originally posted by Mapletree24

Yeah though it happened 12 years ago it just feels like it happened yesterday. I still remember I was watching it live on TV when the second plane hit the second tower.

Mapletree my body strangely and oddly shudders involuntarily on this day, esp for those thousands who got saved because one of them could not tie his shoelaces fast enough.

My GF's story is so miraculous that it is hardly believable. In 1993  when there was black smoke due to some other faulty tech problem, the twin tower security decided to have every tenant's home phone # in case of an emergency.

Fast forward to 9/11. Well, before that when I had quit my job due to marriage and moved down south, Estelle decided to quit too. That's how close buddies we were. At the time she, myself and a Japanese girl were contemplating opening a small employment agency run only by ladies.

So the two of them and long distance with me, her business took off beautifully. She even managed to get an office right in the 1st tower on the 19th floor at a very low rent. BTW it's a very long story. So for now I will end it here.

These are my prayers for the 3000 who gave their lives saving other lives.

And pray that all can join in praying together.

Aye khuda har faisla tera mujhe manzoor hai

Aye Khuda Har Faisla Tera Mujhe Manzoor Hai (2)
oh God, I am in agreement with you on your every decision

Saamne Tere Tera Banda Bahut Majboor Hai
standing in front of you, your slave is compelled

Har Duaa Meri Kisi Deewar Se Takra Gayee (2)
my every prayed has been chipped off from some wall.

Beasar Hokar Meri Fariyaad Vaapas Aa Gayee
being ineffective, my complaints have returned

Is Zameen Se Aasmaa Shaayad Bahut Hi Door Hai
the sky, perhaps, is quite far from this earth

Ek Gul Se To Ujad Jaate Nahin Phoolon Ke Baag (2)
THe flower garden does not fly away from the rose (whatever that means)

Kya Huaa Toone Bujha Daala Mere Ghar Ka Charaag
what happened? You have extinguished my home's lamp

Kam Nahin Hai Roshni Har Shay Mein Tera Noor Hain
there is no dearth of light, in ever 'shay" is your brilliance

Sung by St Francis of Asisi in Italy

Make me a channel of your peace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT8bybL_DqY 

Make me a channel of your peace.
Where there is hatred let me bring your love;
Where there is injury your pardon, Lord;
And where there's doubt true faith in you.

Refrain:
Oh, Master grant that I may never seek
So much to be consoled as to console;
To be understood as to understand;
To be loved as to love with all my soul.

Where there's despair in life let me bring hope;
Where there is darkness, only light;
And where there's sadness, ever joy.

Refrain

It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
In giving to all men that we receive;
And in dying that we're born to eternal life.

Refrain

Originally posted by Cutiepie Rani

I am so glad that you opened up this thread.
It's been 12 years since this horrific tragedy happened, but it is still as sharp in my memory as it was 12 years ago. I remember being in class when the news broke out. 

America shed a billion tears on that day. 

Thoughts and prayers go out to all the victims and their families as well as to each and every individual that was in any way affected by the events that took place on Sept 11th.

God Bless America!

Yes Rani. It was horrendous to say the least even though I was not there physically. Watching the evil and ugliness on TV was like actually being there. I dont know if you read my thread that I used to work on the 65th floor.

12 years or 1200 years will not erase the worse kind of tragedy in the history of the world. Along with America the entire world joined hands and cried and wept ... khoon ke aansoo.

My prayers are on page 3 if everyone can read it and join hands in sending condolences to those families who will never ever forget the horrific and dastardly acts committed this day.

Indeed God Bless America! This horrendous act of terrorism has shaken up USA even 12 years later as we still feel the impact on her economy, job situation, politics and political arena. Texas where I live may be one of the better states economywise, but a huge number of states still have not come out of its grip. So hope is making us all survive.

[/QUOTE]

Edited by radev24 - 12 September 2013 at 5:05am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SaiS

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "September 11 Remembered ... (Page 4)" in Members Lounge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

*Dev.*

Coolbie

*Dev.*

Posted: 11 September 2013 at 12:30pm | IP Logged
I can still remember that day and how the world were shocked to hear.
Deepest condolence to the victims and their family. God bless all.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

radev24SaiS

Sonali.S

IF-Sizzlerz

Sonali.S

Posted: 11 September 2013 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
Very painful moment it was...heart cries thinking to that day. So threatening.

radev24SaiS

Ritu-

Coolbie

Ritu-

Posted: 11 September 2013 at 1:04pm | IP Logged
Worst day ever. Deepest condolence with the victims family. Still feels like a horrible nightmare.

Edited by -Ritu567- - 11 September 2013 at 1:04pm

radev24SaiS

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

BollyCurry Script Supervisor

Posted: 11 September 2013 at 1:09pm | IP Logged
This is a very painful moment. It still pains. Ouch

radev24SaiS

LogicalNonsense

IF-Sizzlerz

LogicalNonsense

Posted: 11 September 2013 at 1:10pm | IP Logged
My deepest condolences to the victims of 9/11

radev24SaiS

-Orchid-

IF-Addictz

-Orchid-

Posted: 11 September 2013 at 1:20pm | IP Logged
Unforgettable day

radev24SaiS

radev24

IF-Sizzlerz

radev24

Posted: 11 September 2013 at 2:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SAnonymous

Thanks for opening this thread

Though 12 years have passed since the heart wrenching tragedy of Sept 11 tears still come to my eyes when I see the news where family members read the names of the loved ones they lost on that dreadful day.

Some were little kids when they lost their parent and now they are teenagers. It is heart breaking when they tell how much they love their parent and ask them to look after them from Heaven.

It is hearbreaking to see agony of mothers, fathers, uncles, aunts, relatives etc year after year.
Such an unimaginable tragedy will never be forgotten during the coming centuries.
People will always remember all those who lost their lives in Twin towers, the first responders, firefighters, Police personal etc.

May their souls rest in peace. I Pray God to give strength to every individual to face life bravely and achieve peace, happiness and success in their life inspite of facing an enormous tragedy.

God Bless America

Sarada, from your post it seems you live here in the US because while rest of the world may experience it in theory, the ones and like the UT video young man says, who live in the US and Americans have been (regardless of the nationality) affected and scarred by it more than anyone outside of the US will ever know. While this single most worst terror on our Planet Earth happened in Big Apple, it affected the US, but had global consequences for years to come. Yet I thank God that other nations were / are not impacted as deeply and scarred as deeply.

Every year on this day no matter how hard I try to consider it like any other  "normal" day even after 12 years have passed for this most horrific tragedy, seems I, along with rest of the world, will never be able to because I used to work in  Tower 1 few years prior.

And every year my friend Estelle and I talk to each other as we did this morning for more than an hour and every year we recount the worst act of terror in the history of the world as we know it.

God Bless America and the World because no one and I mean no one, no children of any nation should have to face such dastardly tragedy.

IntrepidaSaiS

Post Reply New Post

Go to top