Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

katrina99

katrina99

Posted: 10 September 2013 at 1:08pm | IP Logged
Hello everyone,
I have been in a committed relationship with my boyfriend for almost 7 years. He is East Indian (Punjabi) and I am of mixed South Asian background. I am anxious for him to tell his parents about me, but he says he can't until we are ready to get married. I would really like to speed things up a bit but I'm not sure what to do. I love him very very much but he sometimes feels that I do not respect/understand his culture when I bring up getting engaged (he doesn't want to until he is financially ready). I would love some advice on how to deal with this. Maybe it is true that I don't understand the culture (he feels it is rude/disrespectful to just tell his parents he has a "girlfriend" and that they would be unhappy). I just want him to realize that I'm only pushing things (after many years) because I want to enjoy my life with him.

If you have any advice, please let me know.

~Kat

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Need advice - long term relationship" in Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Ankithate

Goldie

Ankithate

Posted: 11 September 2013 at 6:01am | IP Logged

Just Talk it out!

Be Positive While You Approach Them And Tell Everythng You Feel Honestly.!

Thumbs Up

-zozo-

IF-Rockerz

-zozo-

Posted: 24 October 2013 at 7:49pm | IP Logged
have u told him how u feel about this situation... i mean confronted him with ur feelings?... true its hard for him to approach his parents with such news but u've gotta one day... its pretty much a case of avoiding the inevitable, especially if he truly wants to spend the rest of his life with u... i mean is he ready for marriage?... seems as if he's not, clearly if he were he'd introduce u to the parents by now... unless the parents don't approve of the aspect of being with someone before marriage, then ur just cheating them and their trust, he's being a hypocrite and acting cowardly... if he loves u as much as u claim to love him (assuming u've told him in these past 7 years and the feelings are mutual) then there's no need to beat around the bush... as for him wanting to be financially stable before getting engaged, i don't know, that shouldn't come in the way of his studies or whatever, it's just a way to promise that yes for him THIS is 'forever' and u are the one and only women he wants... know what i mean?... so sorry to say this but i agree with @Dr4viL if he's not ready now chances are he may never be 

at this point all u can do is lay the issues on the table and sort through them until u come to a compromising understanding 

good luck

~ZO

-zozo-

IF-Rockerz

-zozo-

Posted: 25 October 2013 at 6:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dr4viL.

^ zozo.. who is zozo.. pencil are you zozo?
huh no LOL im just another IF member commenting on a post LOL 

No2Pencil

IF-Dazzler

No2Pencil

Posted: 25 October 2013 at 6:29pm | IP Logged
sorry zozo bear as BP calls you...let it be...this guy is calling every other person pencil...LOL

Flora3333

IF-Sizzlerz

Flora3333

Posted: 27 October 2013 at 9:09pm | IP Logged
 He can also tell his parents that he wants to marry you, and then you guys can finish the engagement and postpone the marriage till he sorts our his job/career! And if he thinks it's really impossible for him, then maybe just wait? 

He should have the courage to tell his parents if he loves you! 

7 years is a really long time and I respect you for this! Thumbs Up

Edited by Flora3333 - 27 October 2013 at 9:11pm

waylandrowan

waylandrowan

Posted: 05 December 2013 at 6:09am | IP Logged
I'm in a long term relationship and I like to have sex as often as my body will handle. yourattractiontips.com

dating_mystery

dating_mystery

Posted: 05 December 2013 at 8:09am | IP Logged
1) Wait for financial stability.

You got a responsible guy by your side. But I hope he's not a player.

There is a guy I know, he had a GF since 6 years (until she committed suicide) and he had like 6 GF at one time. He was never faithful to her.

It may be hard to believe, but love blinds you. You need to start thinking.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top