Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

zephyr29 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: Happy_hippy

Yup, it's an awesome feeling, isn't it?? Getting lost in a book..btw, what are u currently reading??

Ouch that would be a difficult question coz I have a number of books in various states of completion πŸ˜† But at the moment it's Ghost Light by Joseph O'Connor πŸ˜Š. What about you?
Happy_hippy thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: zephyr29

Ouch that would be a difficult question coz I have a number of books in various states of completion πŸ˜† But at the moment it's Ghost Light by Joseph O'Connor πŸ˜Š. What about you?

Heheheh.same here...I read too many books at a time!! Right now it's, Atonement by Ian McEwan and the picture of Dorian Gray by  Oscar Wilde...
SeasonOfLeaves thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

You're so like me πŸ€£
I like reading more than a book at once..mainly because I get distracted by anotherπŸ˜† I know that sounds weirdπŸ˜›

And thanks for sharing that link! It was interesting and true...and I just experienced the "room is dark and I am squinting in order to read"πŸ˜†
zephyr29 thumbnail

Heheheh.same here...I read too many books at a time!! Right now it's, Atonement by Ian McEwan and the picture of Dorian Gray by  Oscar Wilde...

Atonement is one of my favorite books  πŸ˜³ (and also probably one of the very few book-to-movie adaptations I loved)

And Dorian Gray is one among my aforementioned reading list πŸ˜†
zephyr29 thumbnail

Originally posted by: SeasonOfLeaves

You're so like me πŸ€£
I like reading more than a book at once..mainly because I get distracted by anotherπŸ˜† I know that sounds weirdπŸ˜›

And thanks for sharing that link! It was interesting and true...and I just experienced the "room is dark and I am squinting in order to read"πŸ˜†

lol it's not weird at all, in fact that's what I'm guilty of too πŸ˜† I might be well into one yet the synopsis of another would make me want to read that, bad habit I know πŸ˜›

Room getting dark unknown to me is another thing that keeps happening πŸ˜†
Edited by zephyr29 - 9 years ago
Happy_hippy thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Atonement is one of my favorite books  πŸ˜³ (and also probably one of the very few book-to-movie adaptations I loved)

And Dorian Gray is one among my aforementioned reading list πŸ˜†

Well, i have just started with Atonement , n must say it might also feature in the list of my favorites!! 
Im just loving it..the writing is brilliant!! loved the attention to minute details...
N Dorian Gray!! what can I say !! Marvelous...
zephyr29 thumbnail

Well, i have just started with Atonement , n must say it might also feature in the list of my favorites!! 
Im just loving it..the writing is brilliant!! loved the attention to minute details...
N Dorian Gray!! what can I say !! Marvelous...

I agree. One of the best things about it is the way the whole story is structured and the writing is simply fabulous. Would love to hear your thoughts once you are done πŸ˜Š
renukha871 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Hate List by Jennifer Brown for sure. I remember reading it in 7 hours straight and locked myself in the room. For that brief 7 hours I forgot anything else existed. All I knew was Valerie and the trauma she was facing. It took me a week to get out of the story and focus back to real life.