Debate Mansion

marital rape..! why it goes unpunished? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

apoorvaarnav

Goldie

apoorvaarnav

Posted: 11 September 2013 at 4:01am | IP Logged
Women and especially mothers sacrifice a lot for their family and their honour..but a line needs to be drawn..she should not allow herself to be treated like that way.. It is a revolution but more and more women need to come out and report it..that way society will change..it is a slow process but there might come a time when women are truly treated with respect and equality..this will stop when women get financially independent and strong willed and get support of her family. Our patriarchal society is also a reason for crimes against women..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "marital rape..! why it goes unpunished? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 11 September 2013 at 7:26am | IP Logged

@maha2Us - Please don't PM me. Whatever you have to say, please discuss it in the public forum. I would like to keep the interactions strictly on the public forum only.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

reeha...k

peridot.

peridot.

Posted: 06 March 2014 at 10:27am | IP Logged

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

charminggenieSmritiKathareturn_to_hadesFreshDaisy

souro

souro

Posted: 07 March 2014 at 1:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by enigmatic_zephy

The court's line of argument is..that recognizing marital rape has practical problems..since in a married relationship u r expected to be having sex...

That's what makes me sceptical about marital rape. How is it supposed to be proven? If there was physical abuse then it is easier to determine but then that can be dealt with relevant laws pertaining to physical abuse. Whereas coercion without being physically abusive, how is that supposed to be proven? Won't it become her word vs his word? And can that at all be considered rape?

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 07 March 2014 at 9:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by souro

Originally posted by enigmatic_zephy

The court's line of argument is..that recognizing marital rape has practical problems..since in a married relationship u r expected to be having sex...

That's what makes me sceptical about marital rape. How is it supposed to be proven? If there was physical abuse then it is easier to determine but then that can be dealt with relevant laws pertaining to physical abuse. Whereas coercion without being physically abusive, how is that supposed to be proven? Won't it become her word vs his word? And can that at all be considered rape?

If she resisted and the sex was forced, there is usually some physical evidence supporting forced sex like tearing, bruising. 

In the case that Peridot. posted the charge was sodomy. So I think the unnatural sex acts IPC 377 ruled in her favor. That still leaves me skeptical of how courts will treat other instances of marital rape.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

reeha...kSmritiKatha

zorrro

Goldie

zorrro

Posted: 10 March 2014 at 11:57pm | IP Logged
How do they prove marital rape in countries where it is illegal?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SmritiKatha

Destinyhope0305

IF-Stunnerz

Destinyhope0305

Posted: 13 March 2014 at 6:15am | IP Logged
Ya exactly ! I have even came upon some cases where a woman is asked to sleep with her husband's brother just coz her hubby is infertile! Wht Crap! N family support dis just coz dey want der 'Family name' to be immortal! Nonsense ! I really hate our Indian Laws!

Lavendar

Lavendar

Posted: 24 March 2014 at 12:35pm | IP Logged
Just because you are married does not give your spouse the right to attack whenever he or she wants. Rape is rape if there was not consent.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top