Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tharasach thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: chitsss

Yes Chitra, we can roar for change.  But I think they will go for that Brinda Karat styled long sleeve only..You are right, Keerti has to work on her posture, diction as well. For that she has to keep her eyes open, observe, learn, get inspired but have to bring her own style.

😃 She definitely took many unawares when she announced her return in a lead role ! I am hoping she won't stop with the surprises!😉😃 
[/QUOTE]

I am 100% sure that she will do that in her own style. Waiting eagerly for that!!
StrangeStories thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: chitsss

Forget anarkalis let cotton and khadi rule ,but I think defintely a more smarter look would be better . C'mon even Sonia Gandhi at her age does not do her hair like that.😉 And look at the young brigade in Indian politics , they dress according to their age and time ,be it Agatha Sangma , Supriya Sule , Priya Dutt etc . Shorter sleeves with a pony tail would have served the purpose too. But above all these I am hoping Keerti has worked on her diction and posture( she had her flaws there) , because when playing the role of a politician , these things would matter more.😃
And I really don't think the mango people of India are so backward as TV makes them out to be.😃

Well, I won't disagree that the aforementioned female political figures do dress their age but with the show they also seem to be trying to sell that "bahu" image and according to Indian television a typical bahu is a saree, sindoor and mangalsutra clad figure. These are just assumptions on my part, the show could turn out to be much more different than what a single promo depicts so maybe they will experiment with her look, who knows, but personally I don't really mind it.

@red: That's pretty much bang on. If she can master that along with top notch acting then I don't care what she wears or how she wears it. 

@blue: Well, according to me the aam janta (even the educated kind) is still pretty conservative to an extent, but then again, that is an assumption on my part. I may be wrong but keeping in mind what I have observed about the general Indian populous, the show's promo looks pretty much in sync with what I perceive the Indian janta will like, when considering a female as their nation's leader. 

Anyhow, the feminist in me is still pretty happy with the concept of the show, lets just hope there is an equally good stroyline to support this concept. 
chitsss thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: DeepShadow

Well, I won't disagree that the aforementioned female political figures do dress their age but with the show they also seem to be trying to sell that "bahu" image and according to Indian television a typical bahu is a saree, sindoor and mangalsutra clad figure. So true , I am waiting for the day when the bahus of TV will start looking like normal bahus 😉 These are just assumptions on my part, the show could turn out to be much more different than what a single promo depicts so maybe they will experiment with her look, who knows, but personally I don't really mind it. Well Sneha Ranjini did recently say SONY does not cater to the rating producing junta , so like you said things may be entirely different!😉

@red: That's pretty much bang on. If she can master that along with top notch acting then I don't care what she wears or how she wears it. Agree!

@blue: Well, according to me the aam janta (even the educated kind) is still pretty conservative to an extent, but then again, that is an assumption on my part. I may be wrong but keeping in mind what I have observed about the general Indian populous, the show's promo looks pretty much in sync with what I perceive the Indian janta will like, when considering a female as their nation's leader. 

Anyhow, the feminist in me is still pretty happy with the concept of the show, lets just hope there is an equally good stroyline to support this concept. I agree with this , the concept is nice hope it has fuel to sustain it!😃

norzar thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
hi
thanks for psoting the pic nidhi. They do look nice together.

I wish Raffi all the best. its his first lead role and the way all newcomers deserve a chance, so does he. hopefully he will play his role well and keerti and him will share good onscreen chemsitry
jay_bpm thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
While you guys go on to discuss so much
I am feeling quite tempt to take out my scissors and crop the pics for obvious reason ðŸ˜³ ðŸ¤£
vipraja26 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Tfs.  They  Look Fine    but  somehow  Sinal  were  magical  and  I hope  this  remains  so !

Goodluck  to  both  the  leads  !