Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

| | Happy Birthday Khiladi Kumar | |

DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago

So today is the birthday of a very very VERY special celebrity! The one that is known for being fearless enough and not using a "body double" for his action stunts. He is not only a very mast mast cheez but a very humble human being as well. Born in Amritsar and brought up in the galiyan of Chandni Chowk, he reached Mumbai after studying martial arts in Thailand and Bangkok. He has worked as a chef and waiter in a restaurant before becoming one of the biggest stars in Bollywood.

After making his debut with Saugandh in 1992, he starred in two movies which were among the highest grossing films of that year; Mohra and Main khiladi tu Anari.

He is one of the very few people in Bollywood who doesn't smoke nor drink alcohol. He believes in staying fit and goes regularly to the gym, swimming with his son, does meditation, practices yoga and of course martial arts which is his passion. And apart from all that he is one of the finest and most versatile actor in Bollywood. And do I need to mention this? uhm well yeah let me just do it.. yes he is one of the best looking actor as well.

Because of his hard-work and fine looks he has been able to gain an enormous fanbase. Looking at the first picture and my intro.. I guess most people must've guessed by now who I am talking about, he not only is my dill ki dhadkan and my first favourite Bollywood actor.. he rules the hearts of millions of people all over the world. It's none other than:

Edited by K.Sean - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

🥳Happy Birthday to the Action and Comedy 🥳King!!

Akshay Kumar Bday Plans, Top songs, and Movie Career!!

Akshay Kumar to bring his birthday in Maldives

Mehul S Thakkar, Mumbai Mirror Sep 5, 2013, 12.00AM IST
Tags: 

Akshay Kumar and Twinkle Khanna are heading out for a family holiday to celebrate the actor's upcoming birthday and this time their bundle of joy, 11-month old Nitara Khanna Kumar, too will join them.

The tiny tot who turns one on September 25, will accompany mother Twinkle, elder brother Aarav and grand mother Dimple Kapida

as Akshay plans to start his 46th year with a splash

Upcoming Movie and title song!!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE5pvFV6zgM[/YOUTUBE]

The Boss!!

couldn't have been a more auspicious day for Akshay Kumar to launch the music of his upcoming film Boss. Apart from being Ganesh Chaturthi, the day that marks the welcome of Lord Ganesha into one's home, it also happens to be the actor's birthday.

And the celebrations are expected to continue as his action-comedy is just around the corner. While the film's title track is already out, the second song, Party All Night was released yesterday. Apart from Akshay, the song " sung and composed by Honey Singh " also features Kumar's lucky mascot Sonakshi Sinha in a special appearance.

She says, "When I first heard it, I knew I had to be part of this song. There is so much fun and energy in the song that I am sure it will make everyone get up and dance when they hear it." And if sources are to be believed, Sonakshi has never looked hotter than she does in this track.

Directed by Anthony D'souza, the film also stars Mithun Chakraborty, Shiv Pandit, Aditi Rao Hydari along with Danny Denzongpa, Ronit Roy and Johny Lever.

Boss, produced by Viacom18 Motion Pictures, Cape Of Good Films and Ashwin Varde Productions, releases October 16.

Top Music Videos!!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Jgw3qdFulg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p1aKPmc7TQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvXBO5_zKDM[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpEfWJwBv-k[/YOUTUBE]

Career (source wikipedia)

1991-1999

Main article

Khiladi (film series)

Kumar made his Bollywood acting debut with the 1991 film Saugandh, which was followed by the 1992 thriller film Khiladi. In 1993, he had acted as one of the lead actors of the Super-Hit Kannada blockbuster film Vishnu-Vijaya directed by Keshu starring South Super Star Dr.VishnuvardhanAshwini Bhave(his co-star in Sainik), Ashutosh Rana.[21][22] In 1994, his action films Main Khiladi Tu Anari andMohra were among the highest grossing films of the year.[23] Later that year, Yash Chopra signed him for the romantic film Yeh Dillagiwhich was also a success.[23] He received appreciation for his performance in this film, where he played a romantic role which was different compared to his action roles. He would consequently receive his first nominations for Best Actor award at the Filmfare and Star Screen ceremonies. During the same year, Kumar also had success with films like Suhaag and the low budget action film Elaan. All these achievements, promoted Kumar as one of the most successful actors of the year.[24] In 1994, Akshay had an astonishing 11 releases in a single year with Elaan, Yeh Dillagi, Jai Kishan, Mohra, Main Khiladi Tu Anari, Ikke Pe Ikka, Amaanat, Suhaag, Zakhmi Dil, Zaalim and Hum Hain Bemisaal releasing month after month.[25]

In 1995, along with his share of unsuccessful movies, he starred in the third film in his Khiladi series Sabse Bada Khiladi, which was a hit.[26] He proved to have success with the Khiladi series, as in the next year he starred in the fourth successful film with Khiladi in the title, Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi opposite Rekha and Raveena Tandon. The film became one of the highest grossing films of the year.[27]

In 1997, Kumar was seen in a supporting role in Yash Chopra's hit film Dil To Pagal Hai, co-starring Shahrukh KhanMadhuri Dixit andKarisma Kapoor, for which he received a Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award nomination. In the same year, he attempted a comedy role with the fifth film in the Khiladi series, Mr. and Mrs. Khiladi. Unlike his previous films with Khiladi in the title, the film failed commercially.[28] In the same way as this film, his next Khiladi releases in the following years went on to fail at the box office. After Mr. & Mrs. Khiladi, Akshay went through a rough patch not having much big hits. In 1999, Kumar received critical acclaim for his roles in the films Sangharsh and Jaanwar. Whilst the former did not make a profit at the box office, the latter turned out to be a success and marked his comeback.[29]

2000-2006

Kumar on the set of Heyy Babyy

In 2000, he starred in the comedy Hera Pheri (2000) which was a commercial success.[30] He also starred in the romantic film Dhadkan later that same year which performed moderately at the box office.[30] That same year, he performed some of his most dangerous stunts in Khiladi 420, where he climbed a running plane, stood on top of the plane flying a thousand feet in the air, and jumped from the plane onto a hot air balloon.[14] In a later scene, he is also seen being chased by a car, dodging bullets, jumping off buildings, and climbing walls.[31] In 2001, Kumar played a negative role in the film Ajnabee. The film won him much acclaim as well as his first Filmfare Award for Best Villain and IIFA award 2002 for Performance in a Negative Role.[3][32] Kumar played a role as a blind man in Aankhen.

Following Hera Pheri, Kumar starred in a number of comedy films, including Awara Paagal Deewana (2002) and Mujhse Shaadi Karogi (2004).[33] and Garam Masala (2005). The films succeeded at the box office[34][35] and his performance in the latter earned him his second Filmfare Award, for Best Comedian.[3]

Apart from his action, comedy and romantic roles, Kumar displayed a flair for dramatic roles in films such as Ek Rishtaa: The Bond of Love (2001), Aankhen (2002), Bewafaa (2005) andWaqt: The Race Against Time (2005).[3]

In 2004 he starred in Rajkumar Santoshi's Khakee alongside Amitabh BachchanAjay Devgnand Aishwarya Rai. In 2006 he starred in a sequel to Hera Pheri titled Phir Hera Pheri. As was the former, the sequel became a huge success at the box office.[36] Later that year he starred alongside Salman Khan in the romantic musical Jaan-E-Mann. The film was a well anticipated release, and despite receiving positive reviews from critics, did not do as well as expected at the box office.[36] Though the film under-performed, his role as a shy, lovable nerd was praised.[37] He ended the year with the comedy Bhagam Bhag, which was a success.[36] In that same year, he led the Heat 2006 world tour along with fellow starsSaif Ali KhanPreity ZintaSushmita Sen and Celina Jaitley.[38]

2007-2008

2007 proved to be Kumar's most successful year during his career in the industry, and as described by box office analysts, "probably the best ever recorded by an actor, with four outright hits and no flops."[39] His first release, Namastey London, was critically and commercially successful, and his performance earned him a Best Actor nomination at the Filmfare. Critic Taran Adarsh wrote of his performance in the film, "he's sure to win the hearts of millions of moviegoers with a terrific portrayal in this film."[40] His next two releases, Heyy Babyy and Bhool Bhulaiyaa, were box office successes as well.[41][42] Kumar's last release of the year, Welcome, did extremely well at the box office, receiving a blockbuster status and simultaneously becoming his fifth successive hit.[43] All of Kumar's films which released that year did well in the overseas market as well.[44]

Kumar's first film of 2008, Tashan, marked his comeback to the Yash Raj Films banner after 11 years. Although much anticipated by the public,[45] the film was a critical and commercial failure. His second film, Singh Is Kinng was a huge success at the box office and broke the first-week worldwide record of Om Shanti Om, the previous highest figure.[46] His next film was the animated film Jumbo. The year also saw Kumar making his small screen debut as the host of the successful show Fear Factor - Khatron Ke Khiladi. He later returned to host the show's second season in 2009.

2009-2011

In 2009, Kumar featured opposite Deepika Padukone in the Warner Bros.-Rohan Sippy production Chandni Chowk to China. Directed byNikhil Advani, the film was a critical and commercial failure at the box office.[47] Kumar's next release was 8 x 10 Tasveer. Directed byNagesh Kukunoor, the film was a critical and commercial failure. His next release was Kambakkht Ishq. Kumar's film Blue was released on October 16, 2009. Blue collected about Rs. 42 crores at the box-office.[48] His last release in 2009 was Priyadarshan's De Dana Dan.

He then appeared in the 2010 comedy, Housefull, directed by Sajid Khan which garnered the second-highest opening weekend collection of all time.[49] Kumar's next release was Khatta Meetha, directed by Priyadarshan which was an average grosser. He also appeared in Vipul Shah's Action Replayy, which was a box office failure.[50] His last film of 2010 was Tees Maar Khan. In 2011 he starred in Patiala House and Thank You. His last film of 2011 was Rohit Dhawan's Desi Boyz (2011), which co-starred John Abraham,Chitrangada Singh and Deepika Padukone.

He also co-produced a film with Russell Peters titled Breakaway (dubbed into Hindi as Speedy Singhs) which is reminiscent of his ownPatiala House.[51] Breakaway became the highest-grossing English movie of 2011 in Canada.[52] Kumar, recently dubbed for the Hindi version of Hollywood, action blockbuster, Transformers: Dark of the Moon. Kumar dubbed for the role of 'Optimus Prime', which is one of the key characters in the film. He took the dubbing role for his son, Aarav, and did so for free.[53]

2012-present

His first release of 2012 was Housefull 2, a sequel to his film, Housefull. The film received mixed reviews from critics but was very successful at the box office. It was also a huge hit in overseas and the biggest Bollywood grosser in New Zealand. Kumar's Rowdy Rathore released on June 1, 2012.[54] It marks the returns of him in action genre after 7 years. The film earned more than INR180 crore(US$29 million) in India and was a huge box office success.Joker[55] was reportedly promoted as Kumar's 100th film,[56][57][58][59] but later Akshay Kumar clarified that the 100th film landmark had been crossed long before he even signed up for Joker. "It was a miscalculation on Shirish's part. OMG is my 116th film,"he said.[60] His latest release Oh My God which he produced and it starredParesh Rawal as the main lead and Kumar had a supporting role.[54] It had a slow opening but because of word of mouth it picked up and then was declared a super hit.[61] His last release in 2012 was Khiladi 786, the eighth installment in his famous Khiladi series as well as the comeback of the series after 12 years. The film was an above average grosser at the box office. His first release in 2013 wasSpecial Chabbis

⭐️Happy Birthday and Make way 4 the Boss!! ⭐️
Ok guys leave your wishes!!

Edited by wat_up - 10 years ago
DheeJattanDi thumbnail

Kiran/K.Sean

Sigh. I don't even exactly remember where my journey began... maybe because I was a kid? LOL. Yeah, that's where it started. It did not start with Saugandh first but it started with dancing to "churake dill mera" and "cheez badi mast mast" back in the days hihi. So indeed my first favourite Bollywood celebrity, the one I've been loving since I was a kid. And now you're like the only actor I actually respect too.. for all you've achieved because of your hard-work and fine looks 😳  You're one actor I definitely want to see atleast once in my lifetime.

Today is your 46th birthday and all I wish for you is to stay the way you are, may you always continue to be successful and may you live on forever.

Love you.

Jess/Wat_Up

Happy Birthday Akshay, the real action hero, have happening bday and your movies pack a punch!! Enjoy it with your wive and kids!! Wat_Up

Robin
/-Robin-

May Everything Happy
And Everything Bright
Be Yours On Your Birthday
From Morning Till Night.
And Then Through The Year
May The Same Thing Hold True
So That Each Day Is Filled
With Life's Best Things For You

Wishing you all the best on your special day, boss. Happy Birthday!

Minnie/TheRowdiest

A Very Very Very Happy Birthday to our Rowdy aka THE BOSS aka Khiladi Kumar !!!!!! May you get much more more more success in coming years Akki !!!!! Love you

By A Proud Fan - Minnie

Carisma

All the best for your Birthday  - Lots of love - urs Cari

DB_Reloaded

Happy Birthday to the best comedy star, wish you loads happiness and keep entertaining us.

DB_Reloaded(db)

DheeJattanDi thumbnail
30 minutes left...  🥳

Oh and yeah you people can start wishing him now.. :$
Angel-Jot thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Happy Birthday to Akshay Kumar! <3 He's a wonderful actor and a singer. <3