Arjun

No offence,but genuine help needed!

Sadhana_pr thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

I don't know if this is an appropriate place to express my views. I am too new here to know the temperature of the forumπŸ˜‰. But I have had a good time here as of now,so would not mind leaving

if the my post raises the heat. But my sincere apologies to anyone who is offended. You may

completely ignore the message. The purpose is not to criticize any actor,character or writer. But

as an die-hard Arjun fan,I wanted to share a recent (well,it just ended!) experience I had in a

seminar called- Portrayal of characters in a crime show.

In a class mostly comprising of foreigners,when asked about my favorite crime show-I chose to

name Arjun. I also tried to do justice to the wonderfully etched out characters by describing them to

the best of my ability. Everyone seemed genuinely interested and quite a few appreciated Arjun

and Sameer's characters and found each of the other members of the ETF to be quite well written

too. And then I mentioned Sakshi, saying a crime reporter has also recently joined the team as the

female lead, and is doing a good job.

"Thats a very interesting concept".. "Brilliant idea" etc floated in the room. Then I was asked a very

simple question- "So,what exactly does she do?"

" Oh ..(I began excitedly)..she..uhm.(my excitement faded)..she...smiles.!

I mean no..she..(My mind was racing to find something to avoid embarrassment...but all answers

suddenly seemed too ridiculous to even utter..she gives flowers to the lead,carries his favorite

drink with her,asks him to change his wardrobe,pipes in some random comments,and becomes a

perfect damsel in distress!)..Luckily I remembered her beautiful writings at the end of two episodes

and saved my face saying- " She writes some insightful observations about the ETF members".

"That is nice...and how is her equation with the lead----he likes her,hates her...love-hate..???

"He is uhm...well...indifferent to her" was all I could mutter.

I could see the confusion on everyone's face,and really wanted them to appreciate the character

like I have,but when answering their questions,I found my views to be challenged too. Thank God

for that one brilliant scene after Arjun's breakdown,I could at least say that she is like a silent

support for him!

I was then asked to apply a technique we had just learnt to analyze characters-Imagining their

absence in that work of art.

"So,is this character absent in any episode?"

"Well, she was almost absent for the last 4"

"So,you missed her"?

" Sort of.."

" Good,now can you think of a scene which felt incomplete without her...like she could have added

something to the particular moment..?

I was blank again. Had never thought of it this way,but nothing much seemed amiss in those

episodes. So,I shook my head.

" This is the female lead you are talking about?" came a confused query.

"I presume so."

There was a silence for some time. I wished I had never opened my mouth!

Then came a bouncer- " Are you sure you are not making up this character,for she seems out of

sync when compared to the ones  you introduced to us in the beginning?

Although I was all red with embarrassment,I could not avoid seeing how funny the situation had

turned out to be. And I quietly mumbled- "I wish I was making all this up"!

So,after being betrayed by my own opinions which crumbled at the face of some questions, I

thought of asking people here for help! Was there anyway I could have answered the questions

differently,so that the end result would not have been such a disaster?

If yes, I accept my shortcoming. If no,then it is alarming to say the least!

Edited by Sadhana_pr - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Phir_Mohabbat thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
hats off to u to share this
Moodie-Munchkin thumbnail
Gud One Dear! I too feel d sme!
Sakuu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I honestly can nit see any other way you could've said it, like i said in the arakshi at, the cvs aren't sure where they wanna go with ger character... For me i love mrunals acting and i just hope that the cvs get their act together and stop wasting her talent..
satanslove thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Sakshi Character was introduced with lot of hope ...

A hope for all Arjun fans beacuse personally I would never want Arjun to be alone in his life or die in end ...I want him to have a second chance to love and life ...

When he faces Sikky ..he needs a support ...I thought Rathore would be his saarthi but alas ..tht wont happen πŸ˜”

Coming to her character I really liked her journal entry parts which they have shown only twice...and ofcourse that cabin scene where she said that she trust him .

Personally i feel bad for  Mrunal for she potrayed what was told to her with justice ...if i do i really blame the CVs for spoiling her charcter.

There were certain glimpses- like in that lawyer episode which was very good

Sakshi character has a lot of potenial , she was a well know journalist when she entered the show . Only CVs need to write it better..

Its only 6 months and its difficult for them to show any convincing love story in those months until there is a strong connection  between there pasts...I just hope CV do justice to her and every character of Arjun

Mrunal is a good actress and her talent shouldnt be wasted like sometimes it is

All Said and done ..i will stick to the show and can only hope that it improves for the better ...

Meself thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I know mujh par talwar giregi par...

Honestly speaking the character of Saakshi is by far the most weak character that I've come across. If I've to talk about Riya, then I'll agree she lacked the spunk and wasn't all that sharp but then she had an aura that fitted in that grim workplace and there was a constant growth in the character. Had Sana not left we might as well have seen a crime busting lady. Then comes Liza who is good at what she does and the most lethal of them all Aayesha, who has redefined standards for once and for all. If Aayesha is missing from an episode we genuinely miss her but the same is not with Saakshi and she here comes the difference. I know most of the people here are defensive of Saakshi but let me tell you this my bua is a senior inspector in Special Crime Branch and through her I've met a lot many crime reporters. I've seen the way they are and how firm they are in their behavior. so its impossible for me to connect with Saakshi. She's only there to warm up the hero and nothing else. I  am personally sick and tired of such characters and now I'm seriously questioning the need of entry!
Agree with  Siyaa...Writers are not using this character to its full potential... this character had a lot of scope...

This is no where related to the actress playing the role.

I too had lots of hope from this character when DIG told Rathore that an experienced crime reporter... and was actually expecting a real "experienced" reporter, who could have been an old friend of Arjun and/or Rathore... and could help bridge the gap between the two friends and be the romantic interest of Rathore/Arjun (Aisha was shown to be interested in Arjun then, but anything could have been possible)

This would have helped to take the story forward.

But this character was totally a misfit in the show as per Sadhana's  analysis.

I don't know what writers plan to do to the story and the characters.
Rathore is missing from the show now and there was no proper reason shown for it. He is not even referred now, as if he never existed

Whatever is happening in the show is totally beyond my comprehension.

P.S. - I do not intend to bash the actress playing the role
Phir_Mohabbat thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: Meself

Honestly speaking the character of Saakshi is by far the most weak character that I've come across. If I've to talk about Riya, then I'll agree she lacked the spunk and wasn't all that sharp but then she had an aura that fitted in that grim workplace and there was a constant growth in the character. Had Sana not left we might as well have seen a crime busting lady. Then comes Liza who is good at what she does and the most lethal of them all Aayesha, who has redefined standards for once and for all. If Aayesha is missing from an episode we genuinely miss her but the same is not with Saakshi and she here comes the difference. I know most of the people here are defensive of Saakshi but let me tell you this my bua is a senior inspector in Special Crime Branch and through her I've met a lot many crime reporters. I've seen the way they are and how firm they are in their behavior. so its impossible for me to connect with Saakshi. She's only there to warm up the hero and nothing else. I  am personally sick and tired of such characters and now I'm seriously questioning the need of entry!

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
all should read this who think some of us bash the character without any reason. 
satanslove thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
@Bhavana- Well you dont intend to bash the person but  I know & have seen people bashing and name calling the actor

Constructive critisim is always welcomed ...and personally I have myself done it on F32 ...

I cant hate any character or a person . I would rather put my points across to the writers of the show ... and considering its Gorky work  i would rather wait for him to reveal the reasons himself .
Originally posted by: Meself

@pink not sure if will be able to answer this question... but my analysis:

Perfectly justifiable entry of a crime reporter. She could have been an asset for the team if writers had shaped the character properly.

Her personal story was shown (though it was lame) ... this had a big scope to be developed.
Her father could have been shown as Sikandar's victim and it would have made a great story if Arjun and Sakshi join hands to track down Sikandar and punish him. They could have complemented each other well and fallen in love. This would have looked perfectly convincing.

But writers more concentrated on Sakshi carrying tea for Arjun, putting flowers in his cabin, tag along him and smile at him unnecessarily, being a damsel in distress and Arjun every time had to leave his job and save her first as she didn't know self defence, and writing about the personal lives of the team members, while she was brought in to write about the ways by which ETF solves the cases ... what was surprising was in her very first episode, she was surprised when Arjun and Rathore took out their guns as precaution ...

Then came a part which completely spoiled the character's need in the team (not show, show needs a lead heroine) ... Arjun throws Sakshi out of the team and she comes back because of political interference.

So now, Sakshi is not in team because team needs her, but because of political pressure. And Arjun promised to make her life hell.

I don't know what writers wanted to convey with this part.

And then came the biggest blow to this character which made a big dent in this character's image. Sakshi faked a leg injury to get Arjun's sympathy.

I wonder what writers achieved with this.

There was no mention of these incidents later.

P.S. - This has nothing to do with the actress who plays the role.