Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 15

-Koeli_Appy-

Coolbie

-Koeli_Appy-

FF Graphicer,Graphic-tastic CC, PR, CP, FIR, SPN BC Winner

Posted: 06 September 2013 at 3:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by visrom

I feel it is not fair to just choose 2 entries and ignore the rest. Every participant has put in lot of effort and would like to receive some feedback. Voting in such contests does not do justice to the participants.
I would have preferred to see all entires given marks on 10, so that every participant has the satisfaction that someone has actually listened to the entry. Now there'll be some members just seeing which songs have got max votes and only listening to those.

Giving marks will ensure that the winner is not obvious till the results are announced.

I am sorry, I will not be able to 'vote' for anyone. Please carry on.

yes i kind of agree with you... it might increase the task for the person who is calculating the votes but then it is kind off encouragement for the participants... i hope mods and contest holder re-consider this. and there is absolutely no feedback for the rest of the people... at least one line of encouragement to banta hai or comment to banta hai... and people those who are listening if they have time to listen to all 18 entires 4 mins each then i think they can spare 4 more minutes to comment at least one line.

Edited by appy_indy-KD - 06 September 2013 at 3:07am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

SiriuslySujal.Shayari.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "I-F Idol Contest Voting Round (Page 8)" in Members Lounge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-wintergreen-

IF-Stunnerz

-wintergreen-

Posted: 06 September 2013 at 4:32am | IP Logged
Just read Visrom's comment and Appy's subsequent reply awhile back and I thought they do have a point , so I thought I would like to share my thoughts on each entry. Apologies beforehand,if I'm hurting anyone unknowingly and hugs to all for participating (including moi :P ),all of you rockClap Hug

Entry 1- You seem to be a trained singer,your 'sruti' and taal are pretty accurate. Having learnt Carnatic music for the past 12 years,I know that singing Thillana is no easy feat. Your high pitch is quite good too but I feel that your breathing between two lines is sort of laboured as if you found it a bit tough to reach the top notes though the strain in your voice was not evident,you may just need to keep an eye on that. Overall a lovely effortClap

Entry 2-You have a sweet voice but it seemed as if you were stiffling your voice,while singing. Moreover,I felt that you could have sung another para more.But I feel that with a little practice everyday,you can really train yourself into a very good singer ,as you have the potential for singing. Good effort dear!Clap

Entry 3- Good performance but your voice in few areas was subdued because of the music but otherwise the high notes were good. Low notes can be improved.

Entry 4- Your high notes are just wonderful and your voice is really melodious and sweet. But I felt the stretches between the paras were a bit long,maybe because the bg music wasn't loud enough . Otherwise,I really loved it. Keep it up hunClap

Entry 5- Lovely voice again but in certain parts,bg music was quite loud that your voice was subdued by the music. I loved how you sang the parts continuously and the 'harkat 'was very good.You have a got command over the high pitch but I felt that the sur at the top was slightly off,just towards the end,in one line. A very good effort from youStarEmbarrassed

Entry 6-  Your voice is really unique and pleasing to the ears. I love the slight edge you gave to the song,the huskiness gave more style to the song you chose and the last part where you sang the lines continuously was brilliant and the ending was quite good too. Would have loved if you sang another para more to the song EmbarrassedOverall a superb performanceClap

Entry 7- This song from the 'Titanic' is evergreen and loved by one and all ,in fact this is one of my favourites and I feel you have sung it beautifully. The feel was there,showed that you enjoyed the song while singing and you have a sweet voice too. Only at the end in the part 'You're here,there is nothing I fear' , I felt you voice was a bit strained and slightly off key. But otherwise,a very good performance Star

Entry 8- Saiyyan ,not at all an easy song to be sung by girls and for that,you deserve a bow for attempting itClap You have a nice voice,a good command over the high notes, harkat is quite good. Low notes can be a bit more polished, and also,I felt that you could have sung a bit more softly in areas,especially certain top notes,to get the feel of the song. A praiseworthy performance overallClap

Entry 9- A sweet voice but it was totally subdued by the music so it wasn't clear much. Sing from the heart dear,do not care what people would think because only then you know where you're going wrong and would be able to correct those mistakes the next time you sing. High notes can be polished as they were slightly off key though low notes are quite good. Good effort from you hun StarEmbarrassed

Entry 10- I feel you have totally done justice to the song,as I mentioned in my earlier comment. Loved your accent,your husky tinge enhanced the song and I loved it overall. Only thing I noticed was that your high notes could have been sung without being suppressed in one or two areas especially in this part'Just gonna stand there and watch me burn; where you stretched it a bit but overall,it was good,keep it up dearClap

Entry 11-  As I said before,Saiyyan is not at all easy for a female to sing but you were just wonderful. It was soft,sur was perfect ,you sang it with feel and overall a marvellous performance by you Clap I did not find anything to critic Clap

Entry 12- You have a very sweet and melodious voice,completely did a justice to the song you chose,Hum Mar Jayenge,felt that it was almost on par with the original.Clap Just in one part,I felt that your speed had lessened maybe a wrong taal but overall a very good performance dear,do practice singing everyday,you certainly have the potential Star

Entry 13- You have a sweet voice dear but with more practice,the strains in your voice will not be there and your voice will be more polished and your high notes,though sung well,can be effortless. But you have a lovely sweet voice and a very good attempt overall dear Star

Entry 14- Luka chupi,a good choice. You have a good command over the low notes but I felt your voice was a bit strained at the higher notes,as if you were putting in a bit effort to reach them. Your sur and melody was good though in this area' Tujhe kaise yeh dikhaun maa', I felt it was a bit offkey,just in that area.Overall a good performance dearStar

Entry 15- You have a sweet and melodious voice dear. Your high notes are very good and your voice is quite pleasing to the ears. But in certain places,I felt that it was a bit off key in this place 'Sun raha hai na tu' when you stretch the 'na ' the pitch seems to reduce,and also in 'Tu meri ibaadat hai' too so you have to take care of the small nuances like these to polish your overall singing. Overall a lovely effort from you dear ,keep it up Clap

Entry 16- You have a nice and sweet voice dear. Your high notes are pretty good though low notes can be polished,that is ,while singing low notes too,they can be a bit more melodious and you could have sung another para more,felt that it was a bit short. Overall a good performance hun Star

Entry 17-  You have a sweet voice hun. Rhythm needs to be taken care of,as I felt that the song dragged in certain places while it was fast at certain places ,perhaps thats because of the absence of the music. High notes also can be polished dear,strains were there in few places but the feel was there,sur was good and overall a nice performance dear Star

Entry 18- You have a clear and husky voice which suits the song so firstly,a good choice by youStar Your low notes are quite good ,with a little bit of training,the rough edges in your voice can be smoothened out and it will sound even better,is what I feel. A good effort from you hun Star

Wonderful efforts from everyone ,all of you have beautiful voices Day Dreaming I apologise dil se if anyone felt hurtOuch.  Take a bow guys for just participating,takes a lot of gutsClap

Edited by -sweetgal19- - 06 September 2013 at 9:25am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

-Koeli_Appy-SiriuslySujal.Shayari.-HJ-Charu21BerryBlush07Cutiepie RaniNikki_Titli

SiriuslySujal

IF-Dazzler

SiriuslySujal

Posted: 06 September 2013 at 5:00am | IP Logged
I would absolutely love to critique every entry, but as a participant, how am I supposed to write about my own? Confused And if I miss it out, everyone will know which is mine. Plus I am a harsh critic and I don't want to upset people Ermm (Harsh meaning harsh on myself too, not just other people LOL)

Edited by SiriuslySujal - 06 September 2013 at 5:07am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-HJ-Charu21BerryBlush07

-Koeli_Appy-

Coolbie

-Koeli_Appy-

FF Graphicer,Graphic-tastic CC, PR, CP, FIR, SPN BC Winner

Posted: 06 September 2013 at 5:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SiriuslySujal

I would absolutely love to critique every entry, but as a participant, how am I supposed to write about my own? Confused And if I miss it out, everyone will know which is mine. Plus I am a harsh critic and I don't want to upset people Ermm (Harsh meaning harsh on myself too, not just other people LOL)

you can be your own critic and trust me you are the best judge to find out your own flaws... even i did the same Embarrassed and with my comments you can never make out which one is mine LOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

SiriuslySujal-HJ-Charu21BerryBlush07-wintergreen-

SiriuslySujal

IF-Dazzler

SiriuslySujal

Posted: 06 September 2013 at 7:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by appy_indy-KD

Originally posted by SiriuslySujal

you can be your own critic and trust me you are the best judge to find out your own flaws... even i did the same Embarrassed and with my comments you can never make out which one is mine LOL

Oh, I definitely know what my flaws are Big smile But it just feels weird writing about them like I'm a third party. I don't think I have that skill LOL But maybe I will try at some point!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Koeli_Appy--HJ-Charu21BerryBlush07

-HJ-

IF-Rockerz

-HJ-

Posted: 06 September 2013 at 8:34am | IP Logged
RES for detailed feedback for each entry.

P.S. Its better to give marks then to vote. I agree with visrom's idea.

-Koeli_Appy-SiriuslySujal

-Celestial-

IF-Rockerz

-Celestial-

Posted: 06 September 2013 at 8:42am | IP Logged
Don't chat here Guys... This will be difficult for counting votes :) sorry if any one mind.

So I wil request you to please wait as the voting is only 40% , the rest 60% is judgement no.. so Voting and judgement will be balanced accordingly hopefully. EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Edited by -Celestial- - 06 September 2013 at 12:35pm

-HJ-.Shayari.

-Have.a.dream-

Coolbie

-Have.a.dream-

Posted: 06 September 2013 at 9:15am | IP Logged
I vote for

Entry 3 :It is sung perfectly , the tune is high pitched , clearly heard and a soft voice .

Entry 11 : My second favorite entry , this song is very difficult for a girl to sing , yet the singer

sang it so well , well done , great up

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Koeli_Appy-.Shayari.-HJ-Charu21Nikki_Titli

Post Reply New Post

Go to top