Post Reply New Post

Page 10 of 15

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 06 September 2013 at 12:56pm | IP Logged
Hey friends,
the judges will remain anonymous until the results are announced toward the end of the contest. All of the entries will be judged and given mark by the judges.

Everyone, please remember that public reaction can differ from singers reactions. We are conducting singing contest for the pure entertainment factor and to expose our hidden talentsEmbarrassed.

My humble request to everyone - please take time to give feedback to everyone so they can improve for the next time. It takes a lot of time and effort to sing hence appreciate everyone and encourage them with small feedbacksThumbs Up.

PS! I do see many comments about karoke. Karoke was allowed by the organizers hence its unfair to criticize it now. At the end of the day, its the execution that mattersBig smile.

The following 22 member(s) liked the above post:

shona_sanju-Koeli_Appy-Amor.BilliCat.supercool3mnx12-Srushti-SiriuslySujal-HJ-.Shayari.LoveARRshayranahui.-MissBoiiVamp-LianhuanShashouMyInspirationzBerryBlush07Charu21-Alina.-wintergreen-Cutiepie Rani-B.N.K-Nikki_Titli

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "I-F Idol Contest Voting Round (Page 10)" in Members Lounge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ZAHARA.

IF-Rockerz

ZAHARA.

Crazy Creative Baby

Posted: 06 September 2013 at 12:58pm | IP Logged
I am by no chance good with feedback because I don't listen to the songs that the singers have sang, nor do I know what they're meant to sound like, such as classical or whatever, I honestly don't know. But anywayyy, I thought I'd check it out and write a few points on each performance. PS, I know I'm not meant to be biased but seeing as I don't know what the original is supposed to sound like for some of them, I'm going to choose the ones that sounds nice to me? As in if I had a choice to listen to them in real life, it's what I would choose. I think everyone did well and that too on this platform! I would be so nervous to even sing on here haha! Good luck to everyone! <3

I really like your voice, it's got a nice "sur" (I think that's what you call it?) but I think at some points it felt a little off? To me, I think as you started reaching the higher notes, you ended up sounding a little breathless and that made your performance sound a little off. I think your scales were good but I would say to work on your higher notes :) Overall, good performance. =D

Ooh, I heard this song once before! I thought it was good performance and I do like your voice, it sounds sweet! But I would say enunciate the lyrics a bit more! Open up and sing as well as being louder. I felt you were mumbling a bit especially the first part but you have a lot of potential especially the long note part! :)

I LOVE your voice! It's so smooth (haha, I don't think you can describe a voice like that? LOL) I thought it was very good performance and especially those high notes! The only criticism I have is that the music sometimes overpowers your voice and some parts were difficult to understand :)

OH WOW. I love this! Your voice is so strong and it sounds so much like the real thing! But next time PLEASE stand near the mic more as you sound too far away and I have to put up the volume higher and that just ruins the quality. 

I thought it was a good performance but the background music overpowered your voice and I couldn't quite make out the words. I haven't heard the original song but god, this song does sound like it doesn't stop like for a short breath or something. I think based on that, you should work on your high notes because you're singing without a break at times, the high parts does end up sounding a little strained. 

Are you in a room with echo? Never mind, your voice sounds so good! I would say it sounds smooth and sounding and the middle bit has to be my favourite! Amazing effort =D

Haha, Celine Dion! It's strange because I've never watched Titanic and yet I hate this song, but anyway! The performance was good, and you have a strong clear voice. I defo think the later half was even better, but maybe that's just the song? I love the "the heart will goo onn" parts! Good job :)

Girl, your high notes are awesome!!! Especially the "Saiyaan" bit! I think you've got incredible control over your voice especially the more stronger, higher notes. Just one thing I would say, your low notes do seem a bit off at times, so I think you need to improve on that? But overall, good song choice for your voice =D

I'm sorry but I felt the video itself had such low quality. There were long periods of pauses with only the background music playing, and your voice was too low for me to understand and you were mumbling a lot. I think you've got a good voice sound but you need to open up a lot more, so that words are actually heard. 

The only Rihanna song I actually like! I think you have a very clear voice but I think you need to practice your higher notes because I don't think you've actually reached the exact note(?) - the lower notes were good :) However, you do sound a little off tune on some parts so do keep practicing reaching those notes and staying in tune. Good effort though :)

Okay my first impression was, wow! What a voice! You have got a soft, sweet voice! Gosh your "Saiyaan" is so beautiful! I think it's clearly my favourite so far! I would say one thing and that's just the music, try to tone it down a little so that your low notes are heard but otherwise, your voice is too damn good! 

Another brilliant voice! I don't think the music sound was too loud because I heard your voice perfectly well! I do think you have been sounding a little bit strained especially around the 1:40-55 mark, but you surprisingly do well when the high notes came straight after. Just work on your breathing so that you can sing without putting too much pressure on your voice. :')

Don't know if its the song but you do need to open up more, and enunciate your words. I think you've got a sweet voice but for me, I think you need a little bit more practice :)

You do have a strong voice, but sometimes it's like you're singing a sentence and then you take a breath, and then sing so sometimes it's not exactly fluent? If that makes sense? Learn to work on your breathing because your voice is nice! :)

Nice sweet voice! I would say try to control your voice a little more so you're better in switching from the high notes and low notes :)

I don't know whether that was me but I felt you were going louder and then quieter so it didn't sound consistent? I do like the sound of your voice but at times it felt off when you go from the higher, longer and lower notes, I think you should try to control them :)

I like that you're singing without the background track! But though you do have a nice voice, you do seem to falter in places, again that might be because you're not using the backing track and so there's nothing there to help you with the rhythm. Do work on your higher notes otherwise it's good :)

One of my favourite songs, LOL. I have to say the actual song was too loud, and that took the attention off your own voice? (does that even make sense?) I love your lower notes! Especially the first verse. 

OKAY OVERALL!
Again, like I said before I am NOT someone associated with the music side of things so I don't know how the technical aspects of "voice" is supposed to work hence I'm choosing entries from what I think I should vote on.  I vote for Entry #11 and #12 because they were consistent, as well as having amazing voices! In fact, I thought everyone had done extremely well, and wish I could vote for more than 2! 

Good luck to all! 

xoxoxo

Edited by ZAHARA. - 09 September 2013 at 8:36am

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

-Koeli_Appy-.Shayari.-MissBoiiVamp--Celestial--HJ-Charu21MyInspirationz-Sanjana-Cutiepie Rani-wintergreen-Nikki_Titli

-Sanjana-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Sanjana-

Posted: 06 September 2013 at 12:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Cutiepie Rani

If karaoke was so much of a problem with judging, then the rules should have been changed to singing without any karaoke support. Every individual has their own way of singing. Some like to take in the real experience with music while others prefer to focus solely on the voice quality without the music.
Being a trained singer gives you so much more of an advantage then those that have had little to no training. With proper training you are able to sing a song without karaoke support. You have the practice and the proper training. If you are an untrained singer, however, you sometimes need the karaoke support.

Maybe some people who have been voting may be biased if they personally know any contestant, but it's unfair to judge that. Each of the 18 contestants are really good singers. Some are a tad bit ahead of others. That's the only difference. Everyone's ears are different and therefore the votes will be diverse. Some listeners enjoy karaoke while others enjoy only listening to the voice.

I don't know who the judge panel is, but I really hope that 60% of the votes are genuine votes. I've always been against public voting anyways as a lot of biasness is there. But this is just a fun competition on IF, so chalta hai! But let's not take any credit away from any of the singers because these 18 are a talented bunch of people! (:
Completely agree with u! All the singers have tried their best and their effort can be seen in the music. Everyone has different singing styles, and I'm sorry, but it is impossible to say who is better than who. Everyone has a personal opinion. Period. 

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

-Koeli_Appy-.Shayari.-MissBoiiVamp--HJ-Charu21-wintergreen-Nikki_Titli

-.SapnokiRani-.

IF-Addictz

-.SapnokiRani-.

Posted: 06 September 2013 at 5:30pm | IP Logged
all of you were great Thumbs Up

but if I had to choose only 2 Embarrassed

then I would go with

# 6: Awesomee loved it Clap I know its so hard to sing without music in the back and you did it without that i loved your voicee yaar Hug 

and # 3: great job, loved yours as well Hug

you guys can sing way better than i can Embarrassed ROFL

Edited by -.SapnokiRani-. - 06 September 2013 at 5:32pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

shona_sanju-Koeli_Appy-.Shayari.shayranahui.-MissBoiiVamp--Celestial--HJ-Charu21

.Shayari.

IF-Rockerz

.Shayari.

Posted: 06 September 2013 at 10:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SiriuslySujal

Originally posted by appy_indy-KD

Originally posted by -Celestial-

Don't chat here Guys... This will be difficult for counting votes :) sorry if any one mind.

Voting for 2 entries is not at all unfair I guess as every competition is had to have favs..
but thing is.. people are not listening to all the entries.. and there are many well sung entries rather the entries which have been voted, just because of they have included a karaoke.. voting should be on the basis of singing not the played karaoke , because the contestant .. has not made the karaoke .. indeed. Singing is not getting counted.. the entries which have got most votes.. are most off bit ones.. I can say it with guarantee because I am a trained classical singer since 15 years.. m learing music from my childhood.. the best entrants are not getting votes.. thats a matter of grief. I am sorry ... but i think the votes are biased.. any ways.. votings are always been related to biasing .. even if you will see the Reality shows.. many good singers get eliminated from the shows..

So I wil request you to please wait as the voting is only 40% , the rest 60% is judgement no.. so Voting and judgement will be balanced accordingly hopefully. EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Shocked riti i am shocked. i didnot expect this kind of a reply from one of the organizers. Ouch... i felt it was pretty rude and absolutely uncalled for. Viz just gave her suggestion and it is upto the organizers and GM for look into it. I expected much more matured reply rather than the comments @bold. Well if the voting is up for public then you cannot expect everyone to be trained singers. they are voting as per what they are hearing and what they are liking. If the contest was to judged by only their singing ebility and ignore karaoke then the rules should have been given in line with that.

i am not at all a trained singer infact this is my second singing contest but i want to say is that it is not the song or the singer people vote. it is the execution overall. there are many singers who might be very good and trained but sometimes their execution fails... where as there are singers who are not at all trained but people can relate to their voice and their sweetness.

calling votes biased is also something not expected from an organizer. whatever it is it should be solved internally within the team.

marking them all is equivalent of voting only. the only positive aspect of it is that atleast each singer gets proper feedback so that they can prepare themselves better for next time.

anyways the final decision is upto the GM and the organizers i am no one to say. i commented what i felt like.

i hope i didn't offend you by this. but i was kind off upset seeing your reply to be honest. everyone worked hard for their entires and it is not an easy job for everyone to do this. some are tech savy but there are many for whom it might have been her first time doing this. 

Thanks i apologize to everyone if my comments hurt. it was not done intensionally. SORRY mods for spamming this thread with genuine comments.

and honestly i feel healthy discussion regarding the entries and singers feelings in this thread is not spamming at all... we come to many things and sometimes it is treated as counseling. Yes unnecessarily chatting is not good though specially one liners and all... but i dont think anybody did that...

appy_indy-KD, I agree completely. I didn't want to say anything, because that original post by -Celestial- got some likes, but I think it is highly offensive to say that people have been voting for the wrong contestants - both to the voters and to the contestants who have been receiving votes. Especially as an organiser, there are other ways to express such an opinion. Last year, we were only ever encouraged to vote unbiasedly, not to vote for our friends and to base our judgement on which entries touched us the most. -Celestial-, I feel like your post has created a lot of negativity and that you could have phrased your grievances a lot more politely.

Also, if someone is singing without music, they may have chosen to sing without beat and to extend notes. This does not mean that such entries should be judged for having no sense of beat Confused Where a person has used karaoke, I can understand judging their sense of beat, but where they have not, I don't really see where beat comes into the equation... but then I guess I am not highly trained and hence my opinion doesn't count for anything... Ermm

I also don't think it's right for us to have been told by the organisers in the entry thread that karaoke was permitted only for those of us who DID use it to then be judged negatively for having done so. Personally, I have judged the entries on the quality of singing, not on the choice of song or the presence of background music or the quality of the recording or any of that. Good singing is not marred by a bad recording, and bad singing is not made good through the use of gimmicks. I could have sung without music if I wanted to, but I personally wanted background music to be present as that is my preference. I am sorry if that makes my entry fundamentally inferior in any way.

Also, I can understand the need to keep chatting to a minimum for ease of vote-counting later, but the discussions here have not been spam-chatting... can we maybe get a separate thread purely for chatting purposes for the duration of this contest? Perhaps the entry thread can be reopened for this purpose?

Sorry if I have caused any offence, but seeing appy_indy-KD's post, I could not stop myself from responding.
If it is referring to me also as I also liked her post... then look in the thread  I almost liked all posts in this thread.. I am liking all posts without reading it first... so sorry if it hurts someone

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Celestial--MissBoiiVamp--HJ-BerryBlush07Charu21

.Shayari.

IF-Rockerz

.Shayari.

Posted: 06 September 2013 at 10:53pm | IP Logged

had read some comments abt giving marks to each of the participants.. I so agree with u..But I think it may be difficult to some members who don't know much abt technical values of the music but they can enjoy songs which sounds good to their ears.. they may find it difficult to give feedback for every entry... they will vote for those entries which sound good to them...

anyhow we have 60% judges marks ..right.. they will give us detailed comments on each n every entry with the marks

Edited by .Shayari. - 06 September 2013 at 10:53pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-Koeli_Appy--HJ--MissBoiiVamp--Celestial-Charu21-wintergreen-

Cutiepie Rani

IF-Stunnerz

Cutiepie Rani

Posted: 07 September 2013 at 12:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Shayari.

had read some comments abt giving marks to each of the participants.. I so agree with u..But I think it may be difficult to some members who don't know much abt technical values of the music but they can enjoy songs which sounds good to their ears.. they may find it difficult to give feedback for every entry... they will vote for those entries which sound good to them...

anyhow we have 60% judges marks ..right.. they will give us detailed comments on each n every entry with the marks

Not many of us know much about technical values. Not many of us are professionally trained. We like and enjoy whatever we hear. It's fair to judge all the contestants based on whatever knowledge of music we have. Obviously trained singers may have better constructive criticism and praise to give since they have deeper knowledge in music. But that's doesn't mean the rest of us can't provide our opinions. We can still do that based on whatever we know of music and melody and notes and etc. And obviously they will vote for whichever entry sounds best to their ear. That's everyone though. 

I'm hoping that the judge panel knows a lot about music to judge it well. But at the end of the day this is just a fun contest so really no one should take it to heart.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12-HJ--Celestial--wintergreen-Nikki_Titli

-Celestial-

IF-Rockerz

-Celestial-

Posted: 07 September 2013 at 1:17pm | IP Logged
Voting is any how stopped man.. common vote vote vote..
we have since got a very few number of votes.. IF IDol should get lots of votes guys.. plz vote :) Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shona_sanju-HJ-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top