I-F Idol Contest Voting Round - Page 2

Posted: 10 years ago
I am not going to vote as i am one of the participatants but i am going to comment for sure. before that i want to tell everyone that i am not a proffessional singer i have commented as per what i heard and felt. before that my apology to those who might not like what i am going to comment. but trust me it will be purely unintentional...

Entry no 1: you seem to be a proper singer who practice singing. But I think you need to work on your hign notes because I feel you lost your control over your high notes... your low notes are very very commanding.

Entry no 2: you have a very sweet voice, but I felt you were not singing khulke... it would have been good if you sung it khulk... and it was a bit to short I was expecting one more paragraph.

Entry no 3: Very Very melodious voice. Again I felt apne khulke nahi gaya... and the music was took loud and your voice seemed to drop at certain areas specially low notes. Your high notes were too good. Lovely attempt I would say.

Entry no 4: Wow what a voice...I wish it was more audiable... you were too far away from the mic... but you have a very very lovely voice. Very high pitched. Next time to do sing near the mic please. I felt that was the only problem... otherwise you sung it too well. And one more thing when there is no bg music try not to have too much of gap between the paragraphs it tends to disconnet.

Entry no 5: your bg music was too loud, I was not able to make your voice... next time try to tone down your bg music. But it was a difficult song to execute there are so many harkat in this song and it its almost non stop.. I would say a commendable attempt... you should work on your high notes... I would have like if like if you brought little bit of naughtiness in your voice and enjoyed the song.

Entry no 6: Loved your voice. very very soothing voice. Paragraph two was awesome... speacially the portion you sung breathless... nice attempt and a lovely voice specially your husk in certain areas. πŸ˜³

Entry no 7: Ok a celine dion song and one of my favourites... a very steady voice and loud and clear. though i felt in some place it got dropped. but i guess that was done deliberately. "yo heel theres nothing i feel" could have been better. over all a nice attempt... work on your low notes. high notes are you forte.

Entry no 8: Wow what a fantastic voice and lovely work... i got goosebumps listening to your song. you are queen of high notes. only i felt that that at certain points specially in low notes your voice fell a little flat. and i do feel to much to harkat at many places... Good command over your voice. a clear winner of this contest i think. πŸ‘ Standing ovation for sure. 

Entry no 9: Your voice was too low.. the bg music bg dominated the whole song... i would recommend next thoda khulke gana... very sweet voice. your rhythem was good. High notes needs to be worked out for sure. 

Entry no 10: I just loved your accent huns... all i would say on high notes not suppress your voice. you have a lovely voice specially i liked the bass you have... and i am sure if you didnot suppressed your high notes you could have given a tough fight. πŸ˜³... lovely attempt. and i loved the husk.

Entry no 11: i loved, loved this entry man... uff i thought it was natural and very very well sung... but ya again in this tempt the low notes are really low and barely audiable like another previous entry with same song. high notes were also suppressed i felt. Please khulke gao... you have a lovely melodies voice... SUPERB FANTASTIC. I loved specially those placed where you have gone deliberately low... it was really seductive.

Entry no 12: another lovely voice... work on your breathing... at some places there was strain in your voice... overall i enjoyed listening. you sing like shreya ghosal... i think in second para there was some problem with the taal... some day i would love to listen "aagar tum mil jaao zamana chod denge hum in your voice. i think it would have been apt on your voice. πŸ˜†

Entry no 13: I loved 2nd paragraph... your "ajeeb dastan hai yeh" could have been better sung... but a lovely attempt and a very sweet voice...

Entry no 14: lovely loud voice and clear... only thing i felt was your voice was strained... and there was up an down at certain places it was not consistent... your high notes are sharp but strained. i think its because of lack of rewaj... try with bg music next time. over all a lovely attempt.

Entry no 15: very very good attempt... high notes needs to be worked on... do learn singing your voice is very very nice. i wish you have recorded this or another time and i am sure it would have been better than this... specially places where your voice wobbled a little.

Entry 16: Nice attempt. i felt that at some places the rhythm was going. but you have a nice clear voice which is good... just a tip next time stretch a note till you can not push it hard it tends to crack. but overall a lovely way of singing.

Entry no 17: Nice attempt i would say... take care of the rhythm when you are singing without bg music... high note needs working. to you also i would say dont stretch a note. stretch it till you can justify without straining your voice.

Entry 18: Again one of my favourite song. Your bg music was louder than your voice. but i liked the bass in your voice. I loved the way you took your low notes... it was clear and audiable. i would have loved to hear a high note on "Gunja Sa hai Koi Ektara" overall a nice attempt.

PHEW! mera pasina nikal gaya πŸ˜†... such wonderful voices... finally done commenting... to those who felt bad about my comments my apology in advance. this is just to encourage and bring out the best in you... 

mods can edit out my comments if they find it inappropriate by any means.

To all very once did amazing job... all worked very hard for this and it is showing.

Thanks hrideyy for conducting it.

thanks to the person who is the brain child of this contest.

thanks to IF and GMs for allowing it once again...

and ALL THE BEST TO ALL CONTESTANTS including me. πŸ˜†

^ enough of maskas i guess πŸ€£

Edited by appy_indy-KD - 10 years ago
Res for feedback!

***EDITED***

First of all amazing thread & all the best to all the participants. πŸ˜ƒ

I will start with few suggestions. I hope I can give😳. If not, please let me know. I will edit it. I am not giving advice/suggestions separately but I will say in general😳

One of the entries used filter I think. So the flaws are not heard. I don't think one can judge on that. Till I know, nowadays karaoke & filters are available. But earlier the pain singers had to go through can't be explained in words. And so they were flawless. Lata didi, Asha tai, Suman Kalyanpur, etc are the ones who had the same voice if they sing without music or mike too. So I think sur can only be judged when one is singing without any musical instrument. In my view, this is the fact. I can say all this just because I am a classical singer myself & my guru says this. Even I believe it. Sur's exact places can only be sung perfectly if one has digested the sargam.

Moreover, many girls are trying to copy the original song which is something illogical. I don't think one is going to be judged on how well you copy the original song, isn't it? Even they are trying hard to make their voice soft. It is clearly audible in many of them.

Anyway, as karaoke was allowed in the competition so I am no one to say this. But this is my thinking so I shared with you all.

Sorry to say but I am not voting. I just wanted to give few advice to the people out there who are really into singing.
May be the most deserving candidate win & not the famous song😳

Edited by -HJ- - 10 years ago
Voted for
 Entry No# 8:  AMAZING!!! πŸ‘  everything was perfect... u r jus awesum in high notes!!! U have a background singer voiceπŸ‘πŸΌ and U r my Winner!!!

Entry No# 6:  Beautiful!!πŸ‘  I jus love the style of ur singing!!! When I was listening I thought for sometime that I was listening to  the real song from the movie

other than these two, I loved Entries

# 11- loved a lot ur song .. beautiful! πŸ‘ if I would have got chance to vote for one more entry I will choose yoursπŸ‘πŸΌ

#14- very nice singingπŸ‘πŸΌ loved a lot πŸ‘

#3,#4,#12,#13, #16, #18

Riti and Ahaana ..such a nice work πŸ‘ 

Edited by .Shayari. - 10 years ago
Achha comment bhi dena hain...RES For that!

UNRES : 

My Votes -

ENTRY 12 : i loved your voice. Your voice is so sweet. Your song selection ''Hum Mar Jayaegen...'' with good Background music gave it real touch.

ENTRY : 8 : Your voice is tremendous with ''Saiyaan song''. Your sur & taal with Lay were good compared to other entries.

Thats it. I dont want to comment on other entries. Only above two were impressed me.😊 But Hats off to all participants for coming out with their unique voices.πŸ˜³πŸ‘

Edited by *Dev.* - 10 years ago
Amazin post guyz...grt wrk!!
and fab entries..gud luk to alllπŸ˜ƒ
Res for voting and commenting
I doubt.. whether I will vote or not.. but I think I will vote.. :D

Unres with first choice of my list of 2 songs.. which I am gonna vote.

Entry no 6
I could relate completely your song to what singing actually is . properly πŸ˜ƒ Dil Khush Kardita Tussi 😳😳 Gorgeous Voice , Superb texture of  voice, haskyness is perfect. "End badal denge" this line was sang with a perfect note. I am gonna tell u some technicalities which impressed me. The way u say. Yaaram..- Was seemed to like you are calling actually your love half. superbly done. It was well merged with Laya Part. , Taal was perfect too. On a over all this . Everything was a pleasure to hear in this Entry. Loved loved it.. Thank you .. πŸ€— Though I have participated.. but It made me reply .. 😳

Entry 1 😳
i think the singer is some one who is new into classicals.. Even I thought to post a classical but but but.. I thought It would be too much for just a having fun competition.. 😊 so I didn't .. 😊 but you gurl.. you rock.. 😊 Kudos.. I loved your  Tarana Tarana's have been my most fav since childhood.. when i learned them in my childhood.. those were too curious days .. Ahh.. anyways... Superb attempt.. Taranas Have to be very much in command.. and you made .. quite well with them.. only thing is that.. you need to improve on your pitching.. you sing from your throat. , i feel so .. you need to sing from your heart.. from the bottom.. you need to sing.. not utter.. thats the only thing.. but I loved this entry among all the entries .. which have been there. 😳 Technically.
I will edit later.. after counting all the plus ans minus... so lemme work on those areas .. πŸ₯±

Rest of the entries were well sung..
I liked some more entries Which I would have voted if I could 3, and 4 would
Entry 14
Superb song Choice first of all.. too much difficult to song.. I am not able to sing easily the Rahman's part as it needs some variations with those.. but u carried out really well

Entry 17
Sunraha hai , first one without a karaoke , finally heard a well managed Sun raha hai :) :) Karaoke doesn't let me listen , because its not studio recording :(

rather than this..
I some how will put the entries all at same place.

Thank you
-Riti

Edited by -Celestial- - 10 years ago
edited my post n voted for entries @pg 1 πŸ˜Š

Good Luck to all participants
My votes go to:

Entry No. 3

and

Entry No. 4

😊

#3 - Solid performance! Your sur and taal and ornamentation were all very good, and you gave the song the required simplicity and feel. Well done!

#4 - Lovely job... you have a very pleasant voice, and the ornamentation was beautiful πŸ˜³

Special mention to Entry No. 18 - girl, you are solid on that low range! I was almooost going to vote for you. If I had 3 votes, you would totally have got one πŸ˜Š
riti entry 13 the tag is missing please fix it. thanks