Debate Mansion

   

Chatter patter: chat thread 7 (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 150

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Joined: 15 September 2007

Posts: 22667

Posted: 03 September 2013 at 2:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Heisenberg.

Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Originally posted by Heisenberg.



Who art thou, o stranger?

Don't be a stranger, Shashi. That's my job! LOL

How've you been? Good seeing you here! :)


Good to see you too, Nigar.  How's the Vicky Donor business going?

All is well and flourishing, thanks! LOL What's new with you?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Chatter patter: chat thread 7 (Page 6)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

K.Universe.

Goldie

K.Universe.

Joined: 02 September 2012

Posts: 1137

Posted: 03 September 2013 at 2:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*


Mister K - you and I aren't FRIENDS?! How rude! LOL

Acquaintance?

Okay, c'mon now, Mister K. Let's think about this. A new ID sending you friend requests as if he knows you. Hmmm. Wonder who that could be!

I could do a Google custom search on this site but I don't think I am too interested.

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Joined: 15 September 2007

Posts: 22667

Posted: 03 September 2013 at 2:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by K.Universe.

Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*


Mister K - you and I aren't FRIENDS?! How rude! LOL

Acquaintance?

Okay, c'mon now, Mister K. Let's think about this. A new ID sending you friend requests as if he knows you. Hmmm. Wonder who that could be!

I could do a Google custom search on this site but I don't think I am too interested.


There's only one good fella who goes snooping around here with new IDs on the regular, Mister K. Don't think too hard! LOL

Acquaintance works for me!

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Joined: 18 January 2006

Posts: 20482

Posted: 03 September 2013 at 2:32pm | IP Logged

I would say 90% of people I come across on IF are acquaintances.

 

Dunbar's number says humans can have roughly only 150 stable relationships and roughly only five meaningful friendships. If people have more " either they are deluding themselves or they are spreading themselves thin to breaking point. No wonder everyone melts down on social media eventually.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

charminggenie

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Joined: 15 September 2007

Posts: 22667

Posted: 03 September 2013 at 2:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Putin was always a special child.

 

Looks like even McCain is backing Obama now. I think the most admirable decision is by Sweden to take in refugees. Looks like the registered refugee count in August was 2 million. Jordan, Turkey, Lebanon Iraq and Egypt have all received Syrian refugees. Makes me wonder how come Saudi Arabia hasn't opened its doors for their Muslim brethren after all the hue and cry they make. I'm hoping more EU countries at least open their doors for refugees if not go to war.

 

Now I wonder, instead of all out war why doesn't USA provide military support for the refugees to immigrate safely. Make a statement like we don't want another war, but if any country offers blanket asylum to refugees like Sweden did " we will offer military protection to move refugees safely. That condemns the administration, shows concern for civilian, yet prevents all out war. And I think more nations would support safe transit of refugees rather than military strike.


Because Saudi Arabia is all talk. They will keep their money, cry foul when they please, and sit back and do nothing for anyone else. I am happy that all these countries are accepting refugees, but my main concern is still how are the Syrian civilians going to immigrate safely? Your plan is commendable, but the only problem is that it does nothing for the US. It will be viewed unnecessary spending by Americans. With the strikes, they are already establishing (or rather attemping to establish) fear with terms like chemical weapons and weapons of mass destruction. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

return_to_hades

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Joined: 15 September 2007

Posts: 22667

Posted: 03 September 2013 at 2:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

I would say 90% of people I come across on IF are acquaintances.

 

Dunbar's number says humans can have roughly only 150 stable relationships and roughly only five meaningful friendships. If people have more " either they are deluding themselves or they are spreading themselves thin to breaking point. No wonder everyone melts down on social media eventually.


I was only teasing Mister K. Friendship is a relative term, especially on an online forum. 

150 stable relationships? Hmmm, that's a lot! And I think five meaningful friendships is a good number. Social media friendship lists are meaningless. I don't talk to more than half the people that I'm "friends" with on Facebook anymore. Deleting them is tedious and unnecessary, so they stay. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

charminggeniereturn_to_hades

karandel_2008

IF-Rockerz

karandel_2008

Joined: 09 December 2008

Posts: 5756

Posted: 03 September 2013 at 2:37pm | IP Logged
It was like a change of channel from the closure to the 50 shades of hades Wink

How are you doing Shashi? Not around much these days?

Goodfellasnoop looks to be our shak buddy. In scientific terms: schrodinger's cat.LOL



The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

TheGadabout

charminggenie

IF-Rockerz

charminggenie

Joined: 28 December 2007

Posts: 6787

Posted: 03 September 2013 at 2:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Originally posted by return_to_hades

Putin was always a special child.

 

Looks like even McCain is backing Obama now. I think the most admirable decision is by Sweden to take in refugees. Looks like the registered refugee count in August was 2 million. Jordan, Turkey, Lebanon Iraq and Egypt have all received Syrian refugees. Makes me wonder how come Saudi Arabia hasn't opened its doors for their Muslim brethren after all the hue and cry they make. I'm hoping more EU countries at least open their doors for refugees if not go to war.

 

Now I wonder, instead of all out war why doesn't USA provide military support for the refugees to immigrate safely. Make a statement like we don't want another war, but if any country offers blanket asylum to refugees like Sweden did " we will offer military protection to move refugees safely. That condemns the administration, shows concern for civilian, yet prevents all out war. And I think more nations would support safe transit of refugees rather than military strike.


Because Saudi Arabia is all talk. They will keep their money, cry foul when they please, and sit back and do nothing for anyone else. I am happy that all these countries are accepting refugees, but my main concern is still how are the Syrian civilians going to immigrate safely? Your plan is commendable, but the only problem is that it does nothing for the US. It will be viewed unnecessary spending by Americans. With the strikes, they are already establishing (or rather attemping to establish) fear with terms like chemical weapons and weapons of mass destruction. 

Syrian refugee situation is the biggest in recent times, really need EU and many other nations to open their doors to these innocent lives.

HAdey- Really like your plan of action for US, but like WA , the administration wont be able to justify all the aid. There is going to be no gain from this decision.
Saudi is busy propelling this civic wear further, it is the party most likely to benefit from a war like situation. It's gain lie in complete annihilation of Syria. Sadist Nation.

Last weekend  saw a really brilliant play, Chimerica - absolutely amazing take on the us and downs of the two rival nations. London folks got to see this beauty.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

return_to_hades

Post Reply New Post

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Topic Starter Replies Views Last Post
Chatter patter: chat thread 8

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 146 147

enigmatic_zephy 1175 25467 15 June 2014 at 7:14am
By LeadNitrate
Chatter patter: chat thread 8 Vinzy 0 157 20 February 2014 at 5:55am
By Vinzy
Blah Blah Corner 2(Chat till your fingers die):

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 138 139

Aahaana 1104 43818 18 February 2012 at 11:13pm
By souro
Blah Blah Corner (Chat till your fingers die):

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 152 153

mr.ass 1220 54388 09 September 2011 at 3:34pm
By Aahaana
Chat 2

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 151 152

qwertyesque 1209 23224 17 January 2011 at 6:25am
By mr.ass

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

 

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.