Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Chatter patter: chat thread 7 (Page 20)

K.Universe. Goldie
K.Universe.
K.Universe.

Posted: 13 September 2013 at 4:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Nothing is more tragic than another Disney alumni going down the Lohan way.

Indeed!

In these trying times for the young lady, we should all set aside our petty differences, come together, join hands, and hold an all night vigil to pray for her well being.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Heisenberg.TheGadaboutreturn_to_hades*Woh Ajnabee*

Heisenberg. IF-Dazzler
Heisenberg.
Heisenberg.

Posted: 13 September 2013 at 5:12pm | IP Logged

I read Miley Cyrus here. So I need to rant. Miley Cyrus baffles and frustrates me. The Disney Channel is one of my guilty pleasures. Love it or hate it, you have to admit Disney is great at picking and shaping talent. I thought Miley was very talented. Not phenomenal or out of this world, but a voice talent with potential. I love the twine of southern drawl in that varyingly deep female voice she has. "The Climb" is a really good song for a teenage artist. "See You Again" is my jam when I drive the car. And I think Miley Cyrus version of "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" really uplifted the classic for a new generation.

I wholeheartedly supported her when she tried to break her Hannah Montana mold with "Party in the USA". I think it was sexy and hot. I didn't' mind the pole dancing moves. I think she worked it well. Everyone needs to break away from their teenage roles and grow up. Dakota Fanning did it, Jessica Biel did it and Miley Cyrus had good reason to stop being Hannah Montana.

When it came to twerking, I thought power to the white girl who wants to shake her rump. I watched that video of her in the Unicorn one piece and remember thinking "Damn, she's actually good for a white chick".

But now I don't know what to think. Her VMA performance with Robin Thicke wasn't sexy or hot. Her twerking didn't make me thing "Damn, she's good". My jaw dropped and I was more like "What hideousness is this". The entire performance was crass, distasteful and explicit. The line had been crossed from sexy to vulgar. To add the tongue lolling out made it even more repulsive and grotesque. I get that she doesn't want to be perceived as this Disney teenager anymore. I get the need for her to be perceived as sexy and edgy. But why this? Take a look at the video "Heather Morris can dance" - that's how you can be sensual, teasing, titillating without being vulgar.

She leaves me even more confused with Wrecking Ball. The song is great. Here is a song  that is very well written and composed. Meaningful, personal, intimate. It is the kind of song a mature artist wants to perform. A departure from bubblegum pop into something meaningful. As the video opened, I was impressed. It was raw and edgy conveying the surging emotions of the song. But then that too went haywire. I didn't mind her being naked on the wrecking ball. Gotye and Kimbra were naked in their video. Rihanna is naked in "Stay" (which is again a rare beautiful masterpiece in pop music).  But somehow she didn't capture the vulnerability that they did. Combined with the sledgehammer licking, it came off as crude, not in sync with the song.

Wrecking Ball could have been a redemption. A song that makes people go "Ah so this is the grown up Miley Cyrus". But she ruined it. I hope Miley listens to "Wrecking Ball" and watches it again to see the missed potential. I hope she listens to "The Climb" and realizes that she did amazing things at a young age. I hope she revives her career. Nothing is more tragic than another Disney alumni going down the Lohan way.

I have no sympathy for these bunch of talentless, ungrateful, unfunny, stupid kids.  They get rich and famous for nothing and then they wanna ruin themselves with their stupidity?  Kids shouldn't be on TV in the first place, they can't handle the sort of pressure that comes with fame, let them enjoy their childhood. 

And what do these kids expect?, that you star in some kid show for several years and then expect for people to accept you as some sexy woman once you turn 18?, nah, doesn't work like that, Miley Cyrus will always be seen as Hannah Montana, and no amount of twerking, twerping, tharki'ing is gonna change people's mind about her, she should stop humiliating herself with all these in-your-face stunts.

Stupid teenagers.
return_to_hades IF-Veteran Member
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 13 September 2013 at 6:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by K.Universe.

Nothing is more tragic than another Disney alumni going down the Lohan way.

Indeed!

In these trying times for the young lady, we should all set aside our petty differences, come together, join hands, and hold an all night vigil to pray for her well being.

Lol! I liked the sarcasm. 

It is tragic when people go downhill from stupid shit into drugs and alcohol. But for now there are more pressing things people can actually hold join hands over. Celebrity stuff is best confined to online rants. 
-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 14 September 2013 at 12:28am | IP Logged
Remember a few years ago when Jamie Foxx said Miley Cyrus would end up on a stripper pole and he had to apologize? I think everyone owes Jamie Foxx an apology.ConfusedLOL
LovelyPlanet Goldie
LovelyPlanet
LovelyPlanet

Posted: 14 September 2013 at 2:37am | IP Logged
Narendra-Modi-Quotes-Thoughts-Images-Wallpapers-Photos-Pictures.jpg

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

enigmatic_zephy-Believe-

*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 14 September 2013 at 11:21pm | IP Logged

I read Miley Cyrus here. So I need to rant. Miley Cyrus baffles and frustrates me. The Disney Channel is one of my guilty pleasures. Love it or hate it, you have to admit Disney is great at picking and shaping talent. I thought Miley was very talented. Not phenomenal or out of this world, but a voice talent with potential. I love the twine of southern drawl in that varyingly deep female voice she has. "The Climb" is a really good song for a teenage artist. "See You Again" is my jam when I drive the car. And I think Miley Cyrus version of "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" really uplifted the classic for a new generation.

I wholeheartedly supported her when she tried to break her Hannah Montana mold with "Party in the USA". I think it was sexy and hot. I didn't' mind the pole dancing moves. I think she worked it well. Everyone needs to break away from their teenage roles and grow up. Dakota Fanning did it, Jessica Biel did it and Miley Cyrus had good reason to stop being Hannah Montana.

When it came to twerking, I thought power to the white girl who wants to shake her rump. I watched that video of her in the Unicorn one piece and remember thinking "Damn, she's actually good for a white chick".

But now I don't know what to think. Her VMA performance with Robin Thicke wasn't sexy or hot. Her twerking didn't make me thing "Damn, she's good". My jaw dropped and I was more like "What hideousness is this". The entire performance was crass, distasteful and explicit. The line had been crossed from sexy to vulgar. To add the tongue lolling out made it even more repulsive and grotesque. I get that she doesn't want to be perceived as this Disney teenager anymore. I get the need for her to be perceived as sexy and edgy. But why this? Take a look at the video "Heather Morris can dance" - that's how you can be sensual, teasing, titillating without being vulgar.

She leaves me even more confused with Wrecking Ball. The song is great. Here is a song  that is very well written and composed. Meaningful, personal, intimate. It is the kind of song a mature artist wants to perform. A departure from bubblegum pop into something meaningful. As the video opened, I was impressed. It was raw and edgy conveying the surging emotions of the song. But then that too went haywire. I didn't mind her being naked on the wrecking ball. Gotye and Kimbra were naked in their video. Rihanna is naked in "Stay" (which is again a rare beautiful masterpiece in pop music).  But somehow she didn't capture the vulnerability that they did. Combined with the sledgehammer licking, it came off as crude, not in sync with the song.

Wrecking Ball could have been a redemption. A song that makes people go "Ah so this is the grown up Miley Cyrus". But she ruined it. I hope Miley listens to "Wrecking Ball" and watches it again to see the missed potential. I hope she listens to "The Climb" and realizes that she did amazing things at a young age. I hope she revives her career. Nothing is more tragic than another Disney alumni going down the Lohan way.

I love that song, and I'm no Rihanna fan! 

Not really sure how to feel about it
Something in the way you move 
Makes me feel like I can't live without you 
It takes me all the way
... And I want you to staaay. 

Miley Cyrus is a goner, unfortunately. She will be named with the Britney Spears and Lindsey Lohans of the world now. I was never a fan, but I thought she might make a place for herself in Hollywood after The Last Song. And I actually really liked this song as well: 

Hard to imagine it's the same girl. Although I generally don't care much about spoiled celebrities, I will say that Hollywood (and really, any entertainment industry) destroys these innocent girls. It's funny how guys can move on from one "bad" phase of their career to the next and all is forgiven, but the same does not apply to girls. Lohan and Cyrus are not the only examples of Disney stars moving up - Shia LaBeouf and Zac Efron also started off from Disney. Sure, they don't have much of a name in Hollywood, but at least they are not on the news for their crass performances or missing court dates. 

All that said, so many more important things in the world. Sigh.
boreddamsel IF-Rockerz
boreddamsel
boreddamsel

Posted: 15 September 2013 at 9:10am | IP Logged
I liked Miley Cyrus when she acted as Justin Beiber on SNL, a year or two ago I think. Now every time someone mentions Beiber, I think of Miley and laugh. She made a good Beiber LOL 
boreddamsel IF-Rockerz
boreddamsel
boreddamsel

Posted: 15 September 2013 at 9:13am | IP Logged
Just stopped by to wish everyone a happy and prosperous Onam! Not sure if anyone here is from Kerala, but oh well .. happy Onam anyways! Smile (In case you don't know what Onam is : http://www.calendarlabs.com/holidays/india/onam.php

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

BirdieNumNumBazigarhindu4lyfLeadNitratecharminggenie

Go to top