Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Chatter patter: chat thread 7 (Page 19)

charminggenie IF-Sizzlerz
charminggenie
charminggenie

Posted: 13 September 2013 at 1:36pm | IP Logged

[/QUOTE]
Harry can be pretty funny..for a royal I guess? No idea. 

Forget social media, I feel like every news outlet is going a bit looney over Miley. I don't see the appeal nor the novelty in whatever she's trying to do LOL
[/QUOTE]
Well he knows how to party well, is not too royal stuffy arse.

I want something done to that tongue soon!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

enigmatic_zephy

enigmatic_zephy IF-Sizzlerz
enigmatic_zephy
enigmatic_zephy

Posted: 13 September 2013 at 1:37pm | IP Logged
@hadey
whose the guy in DP..is he the one who plays caption hook in ( dn't remeber) some grimm brothers fairy tale series?

with the lady from the House MD.

charminggenie

charminggenie
charminggenie

Posted: 13 September 2013 at 1:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by enigmatic_zephy

Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by charminggenie

r both of you doctors..wild guess

Off the chart with this one, Zephy. I sin at an Ibank, you the ones who play with economies that creed. And Hadey should be a doctor, the lady never listens to me!

Ya. Lol! Me and doctor right? I'm just a boorish peasant!

oh both of you are i-bankers?

so when the hell are you gonna get everything back on track LOL..and what new instrument do we have to replace the subprime loans that can repeat the cycle 10 yrs from hence..

#Uff i-bankers..Wink

BTW, full sympathies..empathy really..can totally understand..the insane work hours..actually insane hard work

You speak my ghetto creed, u too belong to the world of sinners,Zephy?.

Thanks for the kind words, can take the long hours but lazy minions i disapprove!

Dude, I was one of those crazies who led "Bring SA back" campaign ,I cringe at the memories! 
enigmatic_zephy
enigmatic_zephy

Posted: 13 September 2013 at 1:44pm | IP Logged

You speak my ghetto creed, u too belong to the world of sinners,Zephy?.

Thanks for the kind words, can take the long hours but lazy minions i disapprove!

Dude, I was one of those crazies who led "Bring SA back" campaign ,I cringe at the memories! 
[/QUOTE]
alas, coul dnever score good in finance..so had to settle for the labourers job..;strategy consultant' as we like to call ourselves..LOL

SA campaign ..oh yes..!.. I supported the cause with all my heart..and once she was back..so so so supported the sidma folks in the hope that jenny wud go away..ROFL

charminggenie

charminggenie
charminggenie

Posted: 13 September 2013 at 1:45pm | IP Logged

@hadey
whose the guy in DP..is he the one who plays caption hook in ( dn't remeber) some grimm brothers fairy tale series?

That is Collin O' Donoghue, smoking hot Captain Hook from OCATEmbarrassed, that guy is so deviously brilliant in that show. You should check it out. Dont remember him from House thoughConfused
enigmatic_zephy
enigmatic_zephy

Posted: 13 September 2013 at 1:48pm | IP Logged

@hadey

That is Collin O' Donoghue, smoking hot Captain Hook from OCATEmbarrassed, that guy is so deviously brilliant in that show. You should check it out. Dont remember him from House thoughConfused
he is not from the House..that cop lady turned fairy character- snow white's daughter i think..she is from House..

I have watched first 3 episodes of season 1..and recently heard next season w=is going to be in neverland...so got curious..and that's how landed up thr to figure out who captain hook is..

If you recommend then yes, defintiely will watch it..has he done some other series/movies too (gud ones? )

charminggenie

charminggenie
charminggenie

Posted: 13 September 2013 at 1:51pm | IP Logged
Nah , don't recall him from anywhere else! But do check North and South for the Ultimate Hero- Richard Armitage. Nothing can touch his perfection.
Oh the lady is Emma!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

LeadNitrateenigmatic_zephy

return_to_hades IF-Veteran Member
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 13 September 2013 at 2:03pm | IP Logged

I read Miley Cyrus here. So I need to rant. Miley Cyrus baffles and frustrates me. The Disney Channel is one of my guilty pleasures. Love it or hate it, you have to admit Disney is great at picking and shaping talent. I thought Miley was very talented. Not phenomenal or out of this world, but a voice talent with potential. I love the twine of southern drawl in that varyingly deep female voice she has. "The Climb" is a really good song for a teenage artist. "See You Again" is my jam when I drive the car. And I think Miley Cyrus version of "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" really uplifted the classic for a new generation.

I wholeheartedly supported her when she tried to break her Hannah Montana mold with "Party in the USA". I think it was sexy and hot. I didn't' mind the pole dancing moves. I think she worked it well. Everyone needs to break away from their teenage roles and grow up. Dakota Fanning did it, Jessica Biel did it and Miley Cyrus had good reason to stop being Hannah Montana.

When it came to twerking, I thought power to the white girl who wants to shake her rump. I watched that video of her in the Unicorn one piece and remember thinking "Damn, she's actually good for a white chick".

But now I don't know what to think. Her VMA performance with Robin Thicke wasn't sexy or hot. Her twerking didn't make me thing "Damn, she's good". My jaw dropped and I was more like "What hideousness is this". The entire performance was crass, distasteful and explicit. The line had been crossed from sexy to vulgar. To add the tongue lolling out made it even more repulsive and grotesque. I get that she doesn't want to be perceived as this Disney teenager anymore. I get the need for her to be perceived as sexy and edgy. But why this? Take a look at the video "Heather Morris can dance" - that's how you can be sensual, teasing, titillating without being vulgar.

She leaves me even more confused with Wrecking Ball. The song is great. Here is a song  that is very well written and composed. Meaningful, personal, intimate. It is the kind of song a mature artist wants to perform. A departure from bubblegum pop into something meaningful. As the video opened, I was impressed. It was raw and edgy conveying the surging emotions of the song. But then that too went haywire. I didn't mind her being naked on the wrecking ball. Gotye and Kimbra were naked in their video. Rihanna is naked in "Stay" (which is again a rare beautiful masterpiece in pop music).  But somehow she didn't capture the vulnerability that they did. Combined with the sledgehammer licking, it came off as crude, not in sync with the song.

Wrecking Ball could have been a redemption. A song that makes people go "Ah so this is the grown up Miley Cyrus". But she ruined it. I hope Miley listens to "Wrecking Ball" and watches it again to see the missed potential. I hope she listens to "The Climb" and realizes that she did amazing things at a young age. I hope she revives her career. Nothing is more tragic than another Disney alumni going down the Lohan way.

Go to top