Debate Mansion

Chatter patter: chat thread 7 - Page 5

*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Heisenberg.

Good to see you too, Nigar.  How's the Vicky Donor business going?

All is well and flourishing, thanks! 😆 What's new with you?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

K.Universe. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

Mister K - you and I aren't FRIENDS?! How rude! 😆

Acquaintance?

Okay, c'mon now, Mister K. Let's think about this. A new ID sending you friend requests as if he knows you. Hmmm. Wonder who that could be!

I could do a Google custom search on this site but I don't think I am too interested.

*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail

There's only one good fella who goes snooping around here with new IDs on the regular, Mister K. Don't think too hard! 😆

Acquaintance works for me!
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

I would say 90% of people I come across on IF are acquaintances.

Dunbar's number says humans can have roughly only 150 stable relationships and roughly only five meaningful friendships. If people have more " either they are deluding themselves or they are spreading themselves thin to breaking point. No wonder everyone melts down on social media eventually.

*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: return_to_hades

Putin was always a special child.

Looks like even McCain is backing Obama now. I think the most admirable decision is by Sweden to take in refugees. Looks like the registered refugee count in August was 2 million. Jordan, Turkey, Lebanon Iraq and Egypt have all received Syrian refugees. Makes me wonder how come Saudi Arabia hasn't opened its doors for their Muslim brethren after all the hue and cry they make. I'm hoping more EU countries at least open their doors for refugees if not go to war.

Now I wonder, instead of all out war why doesn't USA provide military support for the refugees to immigrate safely. Make a statement like we don't want another war, but if any country offers blanket asylum to refugees like Sweden did " we will offer military protection to move refugees safely. That condemns the administration, shows concern for civilian, yet prevents all out war. And I think more nations would support safe transit of refugees rather than military strike.

Because Saudi Arabia is all talk. They will keep their money, cry foul when they please, and sit back and do nothing for anyone else. I am happy that all these countries are accepting refugees, but my main concern is still how are the Syrian civilians going to immigrate safely? Your plan is commendable, but the only problem is that it does nothing for the US. It will be viewed unnecessary spending by Americans. With the strikes, they are already establishing (or rather attemping to establish) fear with terms like chemical weapons and weapons of mass destruction. 
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: return_to_hades

I would say 90% of people I come across on IF are acquaintances.

Dunbar's number says humans can have roughly only 150 stable relationships and roughly only five meaningful friendships. If people have more " either they are deluding themselves or they are spreading themselves thin to breaking point. No wonder everyone melts down on social media eventually.

I was only teasing Mister K. Friendship is a relative term, especially on an online forum. 

150 stable relationships? Hmmm, that's a lot! And I think five meaningful friendships is a good number. Social media friendship lists are meaningless. I don't talk to more than half the people that I'm "friends" with on Facebook anymore. Deleting them is tedious and unnecessary, so they stay. 
karandel_2008 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
It was like a change of channel from the closure to the 50 shades of hades 😉

How are you doing Shashi? Not around much these days?

Goodfellasnoop looks to be our shak buddy. In scientific terms: schrodinger's cat.😆

charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Because Saudi Arabia is all talk. They will keep their money, cry foul when they please, and sit back and do nothing for anyone else. I am happy that all these countries are accepting refugees, but my main concern is still how are the Syrian civilians going to immigrate safely? Your plan is commendable, but the only problem is that it does nothing for the US. It will be viewed unnecessary spending by Americans. With the strikes, they are already establishing (or rather attemping to establish) fear with terms like chemical weapons and weapons of mass destruction. 

Syrian refugee situation is the biggest in recent times, really need EU and many other nations to open their doors to these innocent lives.

HAdey- Really like your plan of action for US, but like WA , the administration wont be able to justify all the aid. There is going to be no gain from this decision.
Saudi is busy propelling this civic wear further, it is the party most likely to benefit from a war like situation. It's gain lie in complete annihilation of Syria. Sadist Nation.

Last weekend  saw a really brilliant play, Chimerica - absolutely amazing take on the us and downs of the two rival nations. London folks got to see this beauty.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

I was only teasing Mister K. Friendship is a relative term, especially on an online forum. 

150 stable relationships? Hmmm, that's a lot! And I think five meaningful friendships is a good number. Social media friendship lists are meaningless. I don't talk to more than half the people that I'm "friends" with on Facebook anymore. Deleting them is tedious and unnecessary, so they stay. 

150 stable relationships isn't a stretch. It is just a number of classmates, coworkers, teachers, mentors, relatives, and close acquaintances we communicate with on a fairly regular basis and have friendly terms with. It is supposed to range between 100-250 but averages around 150.

Turns out I'm not abnormal when I say there are just a few people I actually count as genuine friends. It's the ones who claim to have a million friends who are abnormal.

I think the disconnect tends to arise when one person views the relationship as acquaintances or just a stable relationship while another thinks of it as genuine friendship. I think the younger we are, the more of the "best friends forever" rose tinted glasses we wear.

LovelyPlanet thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

@Genie: Hiii. :)

@Joe: I guess that's your way of saying hi. So, hi. :)

@LP: You still didn't answer my question. Nice try though! Thought I wouldn't notice? 😆

did answer now 😊
@RTH who is in your DP?
King sleeping? should I bring you tea every morning 😛😆😉?Edited by lonely0planet - 10 years ago