Rules & Announcements

IMPORTANT: Issue related to Tiny-Pic images (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 9

Page 1 Page 5
Page   of 9
Page 7 Page 9

-Ocean.eyes-

IF-Stunnerz

-Ocean.eyes-

Posted: 04 September 2013 at 4:46am | IP Logged
Thanx for the info
Just saw my old gallery where i had used urlremoved to upload pics...and ya they have been replaced by disgusting pictures

please do something so that we can directly upload pics on IF instead frm any other sites...it will help a lott

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "IMPORTANT: Issue related to Tiny-Pic images (Page 6)" in Rules & Announcements forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

wonderblake

IF-Dazzler

wonderblake

Posted: 04 September 2013 at 4:47am | IP Logged
Thanks for the info, will inform the post makers if I happen to cross any irrelevant pictures, so they can remove it immediately without any incident.

Trouble.

IF-Stunnerz

Trouble.

Posted: 04 September 2013 at 5:00am | IP Logged
I love Zahara's idea :)

monikaseth

IF-Sizzlerz

monikaseth

Posted: 04 September 2013 at 5:03am | IP Logged
Nice Info.
Thanks For It.never use 

vijay

Admin Group

vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 04 September 2013 at 5:17am | IP Logged
Well I understand that our members want the Upload feature inbuilt in India-Forums and we tried to explore that option but there are a few challenges:
a) This takes a lot of server resources.

b) We wont be able to moderate the type of images due to volume that are being uploaded on the server and there can be copyright violations / obscene / defamatory images uploaded.

c) Some of the image uploads that I see on the forums has a very short shelf life like the screen caps and many wont be checking them after 3 months or so.

However while exploring alternatives I found another options that we can check is of having Plugins from popular Free Image Hosting providers so that uploading images is very convenient and at the same time wont take much of our resources.

Please let me know some good Free Image Hosting Providers which is convenient / fast and wont delete images if they have been inactive for long.

Regards,

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-.Farzi.khushixAASUSdebasree04-Ocean.eyes-

.Farzi.

Viewbie

.Farzi.

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 04 September 2013 at 5:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by vijay

Well I understand that our members want the Upload feature inbuilt in India-Forums and we tried to explore that option but there are a few challenges:
a) This takes a lot of server resources.

b) We wont be able to moderate the type of images due to volume that are being uploaded on the server and there can be copyright violations / obscene / defamatory images uploaded.

c) Some of the image uploads that I see on the forums has a very short shelf life like the screen caps and many wont be checking them after 3 months or so.

However while exploring alternatives I found another options that we can check is of having Plugins from popular Free Image Hosting providers so that uploading images is very convenient and at the same time wont take much of our resources.

Please let me know some good Free Image Hosting Providers which is convenient / fast and wont delete images if they have been inactive for long.

Regards,

I guess this is a feasible alternative.

I think imgur.com or iminus shouldn't really delete pics even if they're inactive. I personally use these 2 and am quite satisfied with em.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AASUS

Anjali_

IF-Stunnerz

Anjali_

Posted: 04 September 2013 at 5:25am | IP Logged
thanks for the info - I was going to an old picture gallery and was shocked to see some very bad pictures- 
i am also uploading pictures - using other photo hosting websites- it will be great if IF got it on photo hosting application-

BanZAara..

IF-Sizzlerz

BanZAara..

Posted: 04 September 2013 at 5:27am | IP Logged
Thanks for info..Tongue

Post Reply New Post

Go to top