Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

LoveToLaugh

LoveToLaugh

BollyCurry Production Intern

Posted: 24 September 2013 at 12:39pm | IP Logged
To all those who recommended The fault in our stars- a BIG THANK YOU! What a delightful book! Hug

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

..Comrade4eva..zephyr29epiphany.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Coming-of-age tales? (Page 2)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

zephyr29

IF-Rockerz

zephyr29

Posted: 22 October 2013 at 7:30am | IP Logged
I recently finished The Fault In Our Stars and I'm so glad I heeded the recommendations. What a lovely book! Everybody should definitely read it at least once. I sure know I'll be revisiting it again.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

LoveToLaughepiphany.

cindie_monarch

cindie_monarch

Posted: 27 October 2013 at 12:26pm | IP Logged
Anything by Charles Dickens
-Oliver Twist
-David Copperfield 
Cry

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LoveToLaugh

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 31 October 2013 at 6:55am | IP Logged
The Perks of Being a Wallflower is amazingly is epic, it's got some very interesting ideas affiliated to the plot, given that that protagonist, Charlie thinks a hell lot and the things that he thinks are effective to the point that the reader starts to analyze them and sees reason too.

Then, The Fault in Our Stars is a mesmerizing piece of work, extremely well written and Augustus Waters is a heartthrob. But it's less coming-of-age and more teen romance, even though the plot is heavy.

And I think I should give To Kill A Mockingbird another try.

LoveToLaughzephyr29

LoveToLaugh

LoveToLaugh

Posted: 01 November 2013 at 11:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by epiphany.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower is amazingly is epic, it's got some very interesting ideas affiliated to the plot, given that that protagonist, Charlie thinks a hell lot and the things that he thinks are effective to the point that the reader starts to analyze them and sees reason too.

Then, The Fault in Our Stars is a mesmerizing piece of work, extremely well written and Augustus Waters is a heartthrob. But it's less coming-of-age and more teen romance, even though the plot is heavy.

And I think I should give To Kill A Mockingbird another try.

I am reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower and while it's been just three pages, I like the tone of the book. The fault in our stars is amazing! I think this book makes you think a lot too. The characters are pretty mature for their age.

I don't know why I never got around to trying To Kill a Mockingbird. I have heard such rave reviews.

zephyr29epiphany.

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 01 November 2013 at 11:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by LoveToLaugh

I am reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower and while it's been just three pages, I like the tone of the book. The fault in our stars is amazing! I think this book makes you think a lot too. The characters are pretty mature for their age.

I don't know why I never got around to trying To Kill a Mockingbird. I have heard such rave reviews.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower is a contemporary classic, the way the protagonist thinks and how much he thinks is something I can relate to on an alarming level. And The Fault in Our Stars, I believe that the characters had to be mature for their age because they were battling cancer and stuff. It didn't make me think much, I'll be honest. But I did like to read the book immensely. It's one of the books I could reread at some point.

Copy that about To Kill a Mockingbird.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LoveToLaugh

LoveToLaugh

LoveToLaugh

Posted: 01 November 2013 at 11:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by cindie_monarch

Anything by Charles Dickens
-Oliver Twist
-David Copperfield 
Cry

I remember reading both the books when I was around 11 and back then, I loved both of them. Especially, David Copperfield. I pretty much went crazy after reading it. And that's funny because I can't remember anything of the story now. I need to pick them up again, I guess. Embarrassed

LoveToLaugh

LoveToLaugh

Posted: 01 November 2013 at 11:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by epiphany.

Originally posted by LoveToLaugh

The Perks of Being a Wallflower is a contemporary classic, the way the protagonist thinks and how much he thinks is something I can relate to on an alarming level. And The Fault in Our Stars, I believe that the characters had to be mature for their age because they were battling cancer and stuff. It didn't make me think much, I'll be honest. But I did like to read the book immensely. It's one of the books I could reread at some point.

Copy that about To Kill a Mockingbird.

It did make think a lot, but mostly I enjoyed the book because of Hazel and Gus and their bonding. And those dashes of humor. 

zephyr29epiphany.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top