Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

sahi.

IF-Sizzlerz

sahi.

Posted: 01 September 2013 at 12:18am | IP Logged
Retro Reel (Sep1) : Real love is after Marriage

Hey SSians welcome to Retro Reel #4, today we are going to discuss abou tthe movie which is still many of them all time favourite movie. Genre of the film is romance, especially womens loves the hero of the film he is one of the best romanctic hero ever made. The movie we are going to discuss today is Alaipayuthey which is released in 2000 directed by our ace legendendary director Mani Ratnam.

Storyline
The films focus on the accident of Sakthi then comes the flashback of karthik and Sakthi who falls in love with each other then the difficulties, happiness they face in their life after marriage is the cruz of the story.

Cast

Madhavan is enacting the role of Karthi, his role which is been made as a all time favourite role in the film, he give the life to this film with is performance. Shalini as Sakthi she is been again given a wonderful performance her chemistry with madhavan in the film alaipayuthey is the soul of the film. Other characters like Swarnamalya, Azahgham perumal and everyone done a wonderful performance in this film.

Analysis

Mani Ratnam storytelling through alaipayuthey is one of the best storytelling, he Choose a very simple plotline and made into a very difficult screenplay which makes us very engaging and interesting throughout. Normally a love story will show only a love life but in Alaipayuthey it is very different as it is focusing on the marriage life of the Sakthi and Karthik, Which is a different attempt. Normally if we watch Alaipayuthey now we will go so blind and fall in love with the movies, imagine when it release how the people would have celebrate the wonderful film.

Many scenes in the film which would be our favourite, Entire Madhvan and Shalini love portions before marriage, Their post marriage happiness, Hospital scene with khuboo aravindswamy and madhavan meet, Trian Scene between Madhuavan and Shalini, Azhagam Perumal advices about the life in the motta maadi, and finally in the climax madhvan will cry and talk to Shalini and shalini will open her eyes and speak to him which is ever made climax.

Techinicallies Sreekar editing is very crisp and they way he tells the story is impressive and camera work by PC Sriram woooah wonderful each n every frame is a crisp. Music we should not say anything as the music legend gave a wonderful music and bgm,

Overall Alaipayuthey is the film we are celebrating for more than a decade!!!!!!! The film will not bore us for a minute it is a ever made film. Alaiyauthey if anyone miss it definetly watch it again (But I am pretty sure everyone would have watch the film) Post all of your thoughts about Alaipayuthey over here

Edited by Ravi. - 01 September 2013 at 1:12am

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

Aahaana.LovelyDreamer.-Swetha--Deepzz-hopper_oceansupercool3vinolyaMalarkodivanadhi-Nakshatra--daya-Caryn--aarthi--harith25RajiniliciousSue101-wintergreen-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Retro Reel (Sep1) : Real love is after Marriage" in Sensational South forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sahi.

IF-Sizzlerz

sahi.

Posted: 01 September 2013 at 12:27am | IP Logged
Seriously didn't do my best in writing up, i didn't get a time to wrote so fastly i wrote it down didn't do my best. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vanadhiMalarkodi

harith25

IF-Sizzlerz

harith25

Posted: 01 September 2013 at 12:38am | IP Logged
Nice review da. A typical Maniratnam movie portraying more the  practical life of a married couple who had been isolated by their parents. Shalini was at her best.. The only movie she used her voice I guess. A good beginning for Maddy and he did it to perfection. Swarnamalya was good as a sister..  At the end even the role of Khushboo and Arnvindswamy was remarkable.. On the whole it was a good entertainer..

Thanks for the pm.. Good review..

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

vanadhiMalarkodisahi.

Roshini1494

IF-Stunnerz

Roshini1494

Posted: 01 September 2013 at 1:35am | IP Logged
My most favorite movie and best ever love film...Saw it yesterday only on TV Day Dreaming

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-vanadhiMalarkodisahi.

--aarthi--

IF-Sizzlerz

--aarthi--

Posted: 01 September 2013 at 1:38am | IP Logged
a beautiful movie... telling how youngsters are ...loved the movie ..my all time fav...

vanadhiMalarkodisahi.

Malarkodi

IF-Dazzler

Malarkodi

Posted: 01 September 2013 at 1:41am | IP Logged
Wonderful movie and good review da kanna...
i think its Shalini's last movie and it was a dashing entry for Maddy in Tamil industry.. wonderfully picturized and no words to describe its music on the whole good entertainer which still an evergreen movie for the young ppl of then and now...

thanks for the pm kanna :)

Edited by Malarkodi - 02 September 2013 at 2:49am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vanadhisahi.

Smiles-20

IF-Rockerz

Smiles-20

Posted: 01 September 2013 at 7:35am | IP Logged
Great work Ravi. 
I just love this movie so much!!  Saw it recently too and it still feels so fresh and amazing to watch. 

vanadhiMalarkodisahi.

supercool3

Viewbie

supercool3

Nonchalant CC Captain

Posted: 01 September 2013 at 11:01am | IP Logged
My all time favourite movie !

I've lost count on how many times I've seen this one. I know the scenes, songs, and even dialogues by heart. Embarrassed

There is a timeless factor about this movie. No matter when you watch it, even if it's another 10 years from now, it would still very well connect to some of our beliefs and ideals.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-vanadhiMalarkodi-Nakshatra-sahi.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top