Narayan having children..??

Joyel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
I havnt read about narayan having children from lakshmi, except their avatar on earth.Some claims that narayan has two daughters from lakshmi.
Is it true narayan has children or not?please mention their names if it was true.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Reeti- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

I think instead of making new topics each time , you can ask all your doubts in this thread... so that you can get your answers properly 😳

Regards
-Riti
Joyel thumbnail
@Riti
firstly,when i curiosly opened my thread,i thought that u were giving an answer to my question,instead of such guidelines or instructions.😆
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Joyel

I havnt read about narayan having children from lakshmi, except their avatar on earth.Some claims that narayan has two daughters from lakshmi.
Is it true narayan has children or not?please mention their names if it was true.

Murugan's two wives are supposed to be Vishnu- Lakshmi's daughters. Their names were Amritavalli and Sundaravalli. Amritavalli was given in adoption to Indra who re named her Devasena and Sundaravalli was adopted by Nambirajan- a tribal chief who called her Valli.

The basis for this story are the local legends of Tamil Nadu. So it is a very 'Tamil'-ish answer

Kore-Soteira thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Aiyappa is also the son of Lord Vishnu but in the Harihar form.
-Reeti- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

@Riti
firstly,when i curiosly opened my thread,i thought that u were giving an answer to my question,instead of such guidelines or instructions.😆

I am giving you the right place for asking your questions and get your answers as fast as you want 😊
sindhupv thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Aiyappa stroy should be shown in DKDM would get the show more viewers and excitement level up. 
Joyel thumbnail

I don't know DKDMD show ayyappa track because ayyapa story was derived or originated from Kerala State or locality ...😃

Guys...did ayyappa is mentioned in any of puraanas.?😕

Surya_krsnbhakt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I don't know DKDMD show ayyappa track because ayyapa story was derived or originated from Kerala State or locality ...😃

Guys...did ayyappa is mentioned in any of puraanas.?😕

No he is not...

BTW, Vishnu is called Kamajanaka, the father of Kamadeva. But that is mainly in SOuth. I know this because Narayana is called like that in many songs.

Also, in Devi Bhagavatam, he and Devi Lakshmi have a son called Ekavira. But I am not sure of that story, as it closely resembles a fairy tale. IE, Ekavira is roaming around in a forest and a nymph tells him that there is a princess in distress who is imprisoned by an ogre, he goes and defeats the ogre and resues the princess, they marry. Now why does this feel like a movie suitable for Disney princesses?
viper833 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

General belief is that Lord Vishnu and Goddess Laxmi didn't have any kids  in the true sense as were are considered there children. The Goddess Bhoomi and Varah  Avatar had kid, this kid turned out to be Narkasuar  - Goddess Bhoomi took avatar as SatyaBhama . Then lord krishna and both killed him.
Edited by viper833 - 10 years ago