part 32: pg 21  part 40: pg 133

part 33: pg 34

part 34: pg 47

part 35: pg 67

part 36: pg 83

part 37: pg 96

part 38: pg 110

PART 31: Extra long part in 3 sections

JAAN NA CHAAHTI HAI AAP AMMI? Asad gnashed his teeth angrily, THIS ENEMY TRIED TO KILL YOUR SON! HE BLEW UP OUR SHIP! HE IS NONE OTHER THAN YOUR HUSBAND MR. RASHID AHMED KHAN! AND YOUR DARLING ZOYA IS HIS DAUGHTER IN LAW, WIFE OF HIS YOUNGER SON, AYAAN KHAN!

The floor just collapsed beneath Dilshaad's feet. "What? Yeh kaisi behki behki si baatein kar rahe ho Asad?"

"Bhaijaan?" Najma exchanged glances with her ammi. They were both convinced that their Asad was reeling under the pressure of tremendous trauma.

Asad winced and clenched his fists. He had committed a grave error by revealing classified information to his family. Till he could collect evidence, there was no proof of Rashid's role in the crime. His one statement could create ripples in their lives. His ammi and sister had already suffered enough. How he wished he could take back that statement.

"Asad!" Dilshaad shook his elbow, "yeh kya keh rahe ho tum? Main nahin jaanti wo ab kahan hain, kis ke saath hain, lekin itna yakeen karti hoon ki wo apne bachcho se beintehaan mohabbat karte hain aur kabhie aisa soch bhi nahi sakte."

"AMMI!"Asad's nostrils flared, "just forget what I said. I have no proof about the ship accident but yes, Zoya is married to his son."

"Bhaijaan, aisa kaise ho sakta hai? How would Zoya meet them? And even if she did, why would she marry-I mean marry our half- brother?" Najma couldn't believe she just said that. They had a half-brother? They didn't have a clue all these years?

Dilshaad and Najma were shellshocked.

Asad tried his best to calm them down but the damage had been done.

Asad received a text message. It was Ayaan. He asked Asad to pick Farhan from a different address. Asad stared at the address on his screen and wondered why Farhan was somewhere else and not home with his parents?

"I need to leave." He placed his phone in his pocket and headed towards the door.

"Asad! Abhi tho aaye ho. Kuch khaaya bhi nahin." Dilshaad trembled nervously, "yeh kya ho gaya hai tumhein?"

"I will see you in the evening." Asad left them confused and baffled by his behavior.

"Ammi, should we contact a doctor?" Najma was very worried about her brother.

"Yeh mera beta nahin hai. Ek baar yeh bhi nahin poocha ki ammi aapki tabiyat kaisi hai? Aapka cancer ab theek ho gaya kya?" Dilshaad collapsed on the chair, dazed by the recent turn of events. Yes, she was on cloud nine when she saw him alive but her heart cried when she saw his state. He was perhaps having delusions. His childhood fears of losing his father to someone else were resurfacing after these traumatic events. How she wished Zoya was still there. Her son had never expressed it but she was now convinced that not finding Zoya had added fuel to his fire.

"Ammi. Main Dr Trivedi ko phone karti hoon. I am sure he knows a good psychologist."

"Nahin Najma. Pehle Zoya ko dhoondho. I feel seeing her can help him more than any doctor can. Jo log apni feelings express nahin karte, unhein zyaada chot mehsoos hoti hai. I just hope she is still here. Ya Allah! Meri galti ko maaf kar dena." Dilshaad prayed, "aur mere bte ko wapas bheja hi hai tho usey uski khushiyaan bhi wapas lauta dena."

"Ok, let me google her. I am sure I can find her."

"Dr. Ali se bhi poonch sakti ho. I think she has been in touch with him throughout." Dilshaad recalled how Dr. Ali always asked for her duplicate reports. She was sure, he sent them to Zoya. After Asad and Najma, Zoya was the only other well-wisher in her life.

ZOYA'S HOME:

Asad, hesitant at first, rang the doorbell, "aakhir yahan kaun rehta hai? Maybe Ayaan lives here. Us din wo apne ammi abbu ke yahan le gaya hoga. Na jaane in logon ke kitne secrets hain?"

A maid answered the door, "jee, aap Farhan ke liye aaye hain sir?"

"Jee haan. Mera naam AK hai."

"Wo abhi oopar hain. Aap wait kariye."

"Jee." Asad stepped in, feeling awkward about his presence in their home-Ayaan and Zoya's home. How he wished he had never offered to pick madam' from the airport. "An illusion would have been better than this reality." He sighed and sat down with his elbows on his knees and eyes to the floor. There were magazines and random file folders scattered all over the living room. A shawl in the corner, sandals thrown on the carpet and an art portfolio on the coffee table lay around carelessly. He covered his face with his palms. Of course, the room had Zoya written all over it. Wonder if Ayaan was as messy as her? He felt a lump in his throat. Only if she didn't belong to someone else, he would have gladly picked all her things and arranged them neatly or placed them where they belonged.

"MR. KHAN-MR. KHAN-MR. KHAN!" Farhan's voice floated from upstairs.

These days, Farhan was the only one who brought a cheer to his face. Asad glanced towards the stairs and saw Farhan flapping his arms. With half a smile curved on his lips, he stood up and gestured Farhan to come down.

Farhan shook his head and stretched his arms. "MR. KHAN-MR. KHAN-MR. KHAN!"

Asad looked around, hesitant to take the stairs to their private living quarters but Farhan was insistent. Why he addressed him as Mr. Khan,' was still a mystery for Asad. This kid was unusual and because of his communication issues, not always easy to understand.

He ascended a few stairs and then gestured again but Farhan was adamant, "apni ammi ki tarah ziddi hai." Asad mumbled to himself.

As soon as he reached the second level, Farhan grabbed his hand and dragged him over.

"Arre Farhan. Kahan le jaa rahe ho mujhey? Your ammi-abbu won't like that." Asad was embarrassed to step any further.

"Ammi-Ammi-Ammi." Farhan echoed and pulled Asad along.

Asad rolled his eyes and relented. They stopped outside a room; the door was ajar. He heard Zoya's voice from the room. She was talking to someone.

"Nahin Farhan," Asad shushed the kid, "let's go downstairs. Yeh tumhari ammi ka kamra hai."

"Mr. Khan-ammi-Mr. Khan-ammi," Farhan insisted and threw the door open.

For a few seconds, Asad stood frozen as if he had just landed on a large glacier. Any step forward or backward would turn it into an avalanche. The room was obviously Zoya's. It was messy, cluttered and disorganized but the chaos didn't bother him a bit. He couldn't take his eyes off the wall facing the door. That was him-Asad- at the Gateway of India, blown up in a life-sized picture. Farhan held his finger and pulled him in.

Asad's gaze scanned the whole room. Every wall and corner of the room had one theme- Asad Ahmed Khan. His jaw dropped to his knees; his eyes wide, astounded by the sight in front of his eyes. He recognized the pictures from their Mumbai darshan trip and some from the cruise. Even though he had been away for five long years, she had all along lived' with him in this room.

He recalled their conversation from five years ago:

"Mujhey tho Shahjahan pasand hai." She sighed.

"Typical woman! He was a sissy. Just because he made the Taj Mahal, people call him great."

"Of course he was great! Aaj kal ke zamaane mein koi kisi ke pyaar mein itna badha kaam kar sakta hai?"

"I would say he was incredibly foolish. What a waste of resources."

"What a way to become famous all over the world!" She exclaimed, "he is my dream man. Koi insaan apni biwi se itna pyaar kar sakta hai? Uski yaad mein Taj Mahal khada kar diya. Wow!"

"Nonsense! Why do women always expect a man to do something like that?"

"Mr. Khan, in that case, I will re write history." She retorted, "jab bhi mujhey kisi se itna pyaar ho jaayega, main us insaan ke liye Taj Mahal se bhi zyaada memorable cheez banaungi. You know a masterpiece that the world would admire and say- wow aashiqa ho tho Ms. Zoya Farooqui jaisi ho."

Asad was spellbound by the Taj Mahal'- her masterpiece hidden from the rest of the world that conveyed the same emotion as Shah Jahan probably felt for his begum, Mumtaz Mahal.

"Why Zoya Why? I don't deserve this." He thought to himself.

A canvas lay flat on the floor with the easel knocked down. He couldn't see the front of the canvas but was curious why it had been knocked down so mercilessly.

Zoya stood with her back to them. She was engrossed in a conversation with someone. She was still dressed in the wrinkled saree from last night. Obviously, she had not slept or rested after the rainy night.

"Humeira! Sweetheart, don't you worry jaan. Yeh tumhari badhi behen kis din kaam aayegi?"

Asad was confused, "badhi behen?"

"I know Humeira, Farhan mujhey ammi kehta hai, lekin ek baar tum ghar aa jaaogi, he will run into his real ammi's arms. Trust me. Bachche sab jaante hain.------even autistic kids------waise bhi Hindi mein suna hai na, khaala ko maasi kehte hain-----matlab maa jaisi----to main sirf ammi jaisi hoon-----ammi nahin------alright, now don't panic-----we all can't wait to see you tomorrow."

Asad couldn't believe what he had just heard, "khaala? Maasi? Real ammi? Ammi jaisi?"

If he had any further doubts, they were cleared by Zoya's closing statement on the phone.

"Humeira, tum jaanti ho na Ayaan tumse kitni mohabbat karte hain? He has missed you a lot in these two years. Each time he is with Farhan, he thinks about you. Iss liye mere paas hi zyaada rehta hai Farhan. Now when his parents are together, Farhaan tum dono ko chhod kar kahin nahin jaayega---- Achcha ab main chalti hoon---- I haven't even showered since last night's rain-----Farhan ko bhi apni therapy ke liye jaana hai----Bye jaan!"

Each word she had uttered on the phone sounded like music to his ears. Each life sized photograph of him on the wall dwarfed him in real life. Was there a life-sized hole in the floor where he could bury himself? Where he wouldn't have to face her? Where he could hide his judgment about her forever? Now he understood why Farhan addressed him as Mr Khan and why Farhan dragged him to this room. "A boy who can't communicate to the world tried to tell me the truth and I just presumed the worst. Kaash maine Farhan ki baat par gaur kiya hota."

AMMI!" Farhan ran into Zoya's arms as she turned around. "Mr. Khan!" He screamed. Zoya picked him up, her eyes away from Asad, "Farhan, can you please stop this Mr. Khan-Mr. Khan! Maine kaha hai na, Mr. Khan will never come back. He has gone forever!"

Ashamed of himself and his actions, Asad shut his eyes to hide his tears.

"MR. KHAN!" Farhan yelled again. This time Zoya glanced at the door and saw him standing there with his eyes shut.

"AAP? AAP YAHAN KAISE AAYE?" She yelled and placed Farhan on the floor. With her face flushed, she clenched her teeth angrily.

Finally, he mustered the courage to face her wrath. He opened his eyes and asked, "that's what I want to know. Main," he glanced all around the room, "main yahan kaise aaya?"

"This is a private room Mr. AK. Aapko yahan aane ki permission nahin hai. Yahan sirf Farhan aur main aa sakte hain."

"AK ko nahin hai permission, lekin kya aapke Mr. Khan ko bhi nahin hai?" He took a few steps forward towards her.

"Mr. Khan lost that privilege last night." She retreated a couple of steps.

"Lekin aapke privileged room ki saari deewaron ne tho sirf Mr. Khan ko hi privileges de rakhi hain. I don't think your Mr. Khan deserves all these privileges."

"AK. Please leave. I am in no mood to talk to you." She turned her back to him.

He came forward and stood inches away from her, "kyun Zoya?" His voice quivered, " Aakhir kyun karti hain in Mr. Khan se itna pyaar? Aakhir unhone aapko siva dard ke aur diya hi kya hai? Why don't you forget him? Why don't you move on in life?"

"AUR AAP SE UMEED HI KYA KAR SAKTI HOON MAIN?" She turned around, "Aap ko tho sirf bhoolna aata hai, haina? Move on karna aata hai! Ajnabi bankar kisi ka dil thodna aata hai, haina?"

"I-I-am sorry Zoya." He averted his eyes from her piercing gaze, "I-I-thought- you-"

"You thought what? Kahiye Mr. Khan!" She glared.

"I thought you were married and Farhan was""

"My child?"

He hung his head, guilty and ashamed.

"Yes, Farhan is my child- he is my kid-tho kya hua main uski asli ammi nahin hoon? I have raised him just like my own. Lekin yeh baat kal raat aap mujhsey poonch nahin sakte the? Ek baar poonchna tho door, you just assumed the worst about me right?" She had a sour smile on het face, "after all a runaway spoilt NRI brat from New York would fit that bill for you, haina Mr. Khan? Ek nahin tho doosra Khan hi sahi. It's always been about my last name- Farooqui, Siddiqui and now Mrs. Ayaan Khan!" She taunted him, "why is it never about Zoya?"

He shut his eyes and pursed his lips, "yes, I should have asked. I am a fool. I was being judgmental about you as usual."

Zoya's throat was on fire; she could barely speak. All the pent up emotions from last night came back with a vengeance. "You have always been judgmental about me- kabhie mera khaandaan, kabhie mera mulk, kabhie mera naam, kabhie mera rehen sehan- you have always had an issue with me but you know what really hurt me the most last night? Not your judgment but your attitude. Kya aapko ek baar bhi-ek baar bhi mujhey dekh kar khushi nahin huyi Mr. Khan? Kya aapko ek baar bhi aisa nahin laga ki mere saamne jo ladki khadi hai usey main apni baahon mein bhar loon? Kya aapko ek baar bhi aisa mehsoos nahin hua ki in paanch saalon mein kya beeti hogi is ladki par?"

Her words sliced into his heart like a dagger. Feeling too overwhelmed to speak and too ashamed to defend himself, he just picked Farhan from the floor and walked out of the room. He glided down the stairs as fast as he could. Farhan enjoyed the bumpy ride in his arms and squealed with joy.

A stunned Zoya was left staring into space.

"I hate you Mr. Khan! I hate you!" She slammed the doors of the studio and walked back to her bedroom.

...see next section below

Edited by bheegi - 10 years ago
Posted: 10 years ago
Contd from above:

AT THE PARK:

After a long day of therapies, Asad brought Farhan to the park at the end of the day.

A pensive Asad tried his best to goof around with Farhan. After having been caged in various therapy sessions, Farhan was a ball of energy. Even though Asad chased and swung around with Farhan, Zoya's words nibbled at him constantly. Zoya was right- he had never understood the depth of her feelings; he had never tried to understand her. He had always judged her through an artificial lens of preconceived ideas and never on her own merit. He didn't deserve a woman like her but if he were to leave her again, would that be fair on her? Fair to him? Fair to them? They were incomplete without each other and just as he was hurting, she was hurting even more. At least, she had lashed out at him. He had not even confessed his true feelings for her.

"Farhaan let's go home."

"Home? Ammi?" Farhan asked.

"Wow Farhan! A new word!" Asad was impressed with the new addition to his vocabulary.

"Car-home-go?"

Asad gave Farhan a big bear hug, "buddy, if you can succeed, I think I have some hope too. Let's go."

"Go home," Farhan laughed.

"Ok, now that you are on a talking mission, mera ek kaam karna Farhan. Say --Mr. Khan loves ammi!"

Farhan gave him a blank look.

"Mr Khan L-O-V-E-S ammi! Mr. Khan loves ammi!" Asad repeated it several times.

"Mr. Khan loves ammi!" Farhan giggled.

Asad gave him a high five.

"Alright, now say Mr. Khan is an idiot!"

Farhan just laughed. Asad repeated the two phrases " Mr Khan loves ammi' and Mr. Khan is an idiot' several times on their ride home.

Farhan found the word, idiot,' hilarious.

ZOYA'S HOUSE:

After having spent half a day at the art house as a distraction, Zoya came back, exhausted and upset.

She changed into a casual pair of denim jeans and a sleeveless blue top. "Enough of those suits and sarees for now. I need some freedom from this illusionary life of mine."

The doorbell rang.

"Kaun hai is waqt? Farhan was supposed to go back to Ayaan's place."

She answered the door and was shocked to see Farhan standing next to Asad.

"Aap log? I thought aap Farhan ko Ayaan ke yahan le jaaynege."

Uh-wo-Farhan wanted to come home- I mean here...aapke y-a-haan." Asad stuttered.

Farhan's innocent eyes melted Zoya's heart. She bent down and kissed his cheek, "of course mera bachcha, you are welcome anytime." She held his finger and led him inside, "ice cream khaoge? I just bought some new flavors on my way back from work." Farhan and Zoya shared a common love for ice cream. Farhan's eyes lit up and he ran towards the kitchen. Zoya chased him down, laughing, "wait wait Farhan. Don't open the freezer yet."

Farhan stood in front of the freezer door and banged it repeatedly with his little hands.

Asad followed them to the kitchen.

Zoya removed a couple of tubs of ice cream from the freezer and placed them on the counter, leaving the freezer door wide open. She poured a couple of scoops of chocolate flavored ice cream, Farhan's favorite, in a bowl and stretched her arms to lift Farhan.

"Aap?" She glanced at Asad as she placed Farhan on the kitchen chair, "aap bhi ice cream khaayenge kya?"

"Wo-wo, nahin-mera matlab-haan-I mean."

"Yes or no?" She rolled her eyes.

"Uh-yes."

"What flavor?"

"Pehle Farhaan wants to say something to you." Asad mustered some courage. He came forward and whispered the two sentences in Farhan's ears.

Farhan was too busy digging into the ice cream but smiled when he heard Asad's words in his ear.

Like a rote machine, he started talking:

Ammi is an idiot!

Mr. Khan loves an idiot!

Ammi is an idiot!

Mr. Khan loves an idiot!

Ammi is an idiot!

Mr. Khan loves an idiot!

Farhan chuckled at his own words and repeated the phrases several times, paying emphasis to his favorite new word-idiot.

Zoya was aghast. She gave him in an incredulous stare while Asad tried to duck under the counter table. He cringed each time Farhaan messed up the phrases.

As Farhan kept echoing the phrases, Zoya gave Asad a piercing glance.

"I am really happy that Farhan's bodyguard has helped build his vocabulary with such wonderful words and phrases. Kya baat hai AK sahib!" Zoya applauded sarcastically.

Embarrassed, Asad turned around and hid his face in the open freezer. The cool mist was his only savior against the fire behind his back.

Zoya grabbed the two tubs and walked over to the freezer to place them back.

"Excuse me Mr. AK or whatever your name is."

Asad clenched his fists and then on an impulse, turned around and grabbed her by her elbows, pinning her against the open freezer. He removed the two tubs from her hand and placed them on top of the fridge.

"Enough of this Zoya!" He placed one hand on the open freezer door and the other on her elbow, "bahut sunaa diya tumne. Ab meri baari hai."

"Mr. Khan! Please let me go." She protested.

"Not without listening to what I have to say." He removed his hand from her elbow and placed it in his pocket.

"Can we sit down somewhere? This freezer needs to be closed."

"No! Not until this inferno inside you cools down."

"Aap zabar dasti nahin kar sakte."

He removed his hand from his pocket and placed a finger on her lips, "sshhh."

She glared at him but saw his expression soften a bit.

"Zoya, jaanti ho paanch saal main jab poori duniya se door raha, tho sirf ek umeed par zinda raha. I had made a promise to my best friend, Arjun. The same Arjun you were asked to identify at the morgue. He had grabbed my wallet just before the explosion. Us wallet mein hamari photograph thi. He asked me if I had ever confessed my feelings for you. When I said no, he made me promise that I would do so one day. Is promise ko poora karne ke liye, main wahan dushman se ladhta raha, na umeedi se ladhta raha, sirf iss liye ki main tumhein yeh kahe bina marnaa nahin chaahta tha. Zoya, I love you. I have always loved you. I don't know when I fell in love but the day we parted in Istanbul, I knew I was in love. Jab tum mere ghar aayi, then I was even more convinced and then when I was away these past five years, that was the only truth that kept me alive. Main hamesha hamare beech faasle dekhta raha lekin yeh nahin samjha ki sabse badha faasla mere khud ke dil aur dimaag ke beech tha. "

Her lips quivered against his finger. She held her tears. The cool mist from the freezer behind her back felt like fire. Beads of sweat dripped along her back, neck and forehead. She had longed to hear these golden words for years. Zoya was rendered speechless. If she had a rewind button, she would have replayed those words 24/7.

Asad stepped a little closer and cupped her face with both hands. His fingers lingered over her eyelids.

Aap- yeh-kya-kar-rahe-hain?" She moaned.

"Mujhey mehsoos karne do Zoya. I want to feel every tear that you shed for me. Us har aansoo ko main sajda karna chaahta hoon."

After circling her eyes, his fingers traced the bridge of her nose down to the tip, "us har saans ko jo tumne meri yaad mein li, usey sajda karna chaahta hoon."

As the ice cream placed on top of the fridge melted its way down to the floor, Zoya's resistance melted with his fingers.

Finally, he traced the outline of her lips.

"Bas Mr. Khan. Please." She whimpered and shut her eyes.

"Paanch saal pehle in hothon ko apna banaa liya tha, ab wo haq mujhey phir wapas de do Zoya." He mumbled and tipped his forehead against hers, "please Zoya."

As they stood silently, eyes shut, with tips of their noses stroking each other, their hearts racing in unison and rhythmic breaths warming each other, the tub of chocolate ice cream fell over Asad's head. He was covered in ice cream with the chocolate color staining his white shirt. The cool ice cream was the perfect antidote to the heat they had just generated near the freezer.

Farhan clapped cheerfully when he saw the hilarious scene unfold in front of him.

Mr Khan is an idiot!" He jumped up and down, flapping his ice cream stained hands.

Asad withdrew himself from Zoya, stunned at what had just happened. He wiped his face but the cold, melted ice cream laced his fingers. He frowned at Farhan, "yes, you are right beta. I am an idiot!"

Zoya blushed a little but then chuckled along with Farhan. She shut the freezer door and smiled, "serves you right Mr. Khan."

"What?" He was aghast. Sugary, sticky stuff all over his fingers, neck and shirt was way outside his comfort zone.

"Ice cream freezer mein nahin rakhne di na aapne, issliye." She giggled and ran upstairs. Asad ran to the sink to wash his hands. A few minutes later, she came back with a box.

"What's this?" He asked.

"One of your Eid gifts that I had stored in my closet."

He gave her a quizzical look and opened the box. It was a brand new blue colored shirt.

"Yeh kisi boyfriend ke liye tho nahin khareedi thi?" He teased her.

"Ho sakta hai. Lekin shirt shirt par likha hota hai pehen ne waale ka naam. Now it belongs to you."

Asad smiled, "thanks. You know how I hate mess."

"That's why I grabbed it before you said something. You can change upstairs. I will call Maya to clean up the kitchen."

"Maya?"

"My maid."

...see next section below

Section 3 contd from above:

Asad lunged up the stairs with a new air of confidence and walked into her studio to change his shirt. He had no qualms about walking into her secret Taj Mahal.'

As he unbuttoned his dirty shirt, he walked over to the canvas on the floor. He was pleasantly surprised when he saw the incomplete portrait.

"Tho saari naaraazgi is bechari painting par nikaali hai madam ne," he chuckled and placed the canvas back on the easel, "Allah ka shukr hai easel par main nahin khada tha."

With the new shirt still in the box, he admired her studio once again. He felt as if a weight had lifted from his chest. Confessing his feelings was the best thing he had done in years. He thanked his late friend silently. Even though he had escaped captivity a few days ago, he had just achieved freedom from the invisible chains that had engulfed him for years.

Zoya, not expecting to see him in the studio, walked in a few minutes later.

"Ya Allah!" She paused and averted her gaze. "Excuse me. I didn't realize aap yahan change karenge."

"Oh! I am sorry." He picked the folded shirt from the box and unfolded it.

As she turned around to leave, something on his bare back caught her attention. There were numerous scars and partially healed wounds on his back.

She covered her mouth with her palm. The scars spoke the story of their five yearlong separation. Asad had been tortured mercilessly and heartlessly. Flashbacks of the morgue scene flooded her memory. She walked out, repulsed by how anyone could have inflicted those wounds on her Mr. Khan.

Asad felt bad for her. He had gotten so used to his wounds that he didn't realize how it would affect people close to him.

He wore the shirt and followed her. She stood with her back against the door to the studio. Gently, he pulled her back into the studio and wiped her tears.

"I am sorry you had to see that."

She shook her head with a wounded expression, "yeh kisne kiya Mr. Khan?"

"It's a long story Zoya. It's an occupational hazard. Yeh soch lo paanch saal tumse door rehne ki sazaa hai yeh."

"Don't say that Mr. Khan!" She placed her finger on his lips, "sazaa tho un logon ko milni chaahiye."

"Milegi."

"I am so sorry," she lowered her eyes, "apne gham mein itna doob gayi ki aapki taqleef ka ehsaas bhi nahin hua."

"Don't worry Zoya." He cupped her hands with his strong palms and kissed her forehead, "we will avenge the culprits. Hum dono. Milkar. Saath saath."

"Matlab?" She raised her eyebrow.

He glanced around and then picked a brush, dipped it in the first can of black paint he saw and held her left hand. Carefully, he painted a ring around her ring finger, "I know I am not as creative as you, but this painted ring is proof of my proposal."

"Proposal?" She chuckled.

"Hmm," he nodded, "this is proof of my right on you."

"Right on me?" She laughed again. "Am I the constitution Mr. Khan?"

"You are mine- my constitution. Mera wajood aur meri zindagi." He smiled.

She admired his artwork on her finger, "aur aapko kaise malaoom ki main haan keh doongi?"

"Kyunki main tumhein jaanta hoon."

"Sorry Mr. Khan," she teased him, "it's not going to be that easy this time. Prove it to me."

"Prove what?"

"Prove that you deserve me. Apna haq saabit karna padhega aapko. Itni aasaani se nahin milega yeh haq."

"Mujhey challenge manzoor hai." He kissed her painted finger. A tingle down her spine defied her words.

"Aur agar yeh paint fade ho gaya tho?"

Aap hone nahin dengi." He smiled and opened the door.

"Kahan jaa rahe hain aap?" She grabbed his elbow.

"Apne ghar." He gazed affectionately at her fingers around his elbow, "aap chaahe tho yahin reh sakta hoon but I need to prepare for my challenge. I will be back tomorrow."

She saw him glide down the stairs. He said bye to Farhan and then glanced at her, "by the way how is Humeira your sister?"

"Kal baat karte hain! It's a long story."

"I can't wait to be back," he smiled and walked out of the front door.

Zoya shut her eyes and raised her palms in a prayer, thanking Allah for the long but worthwhile wait for her love.

Mr Khan is an idiot! Mr Khan loves ammi!" Farhaan finally got his phrases right as he climbed the stairs.

Laughing, Zoya picked him up and gave him a big hug, "thank you Farhaan. I love you-love you-love you." She showered him with kisses and then whispered, "ammi loves Mr. Khan."

As Asad rode back on his bike, a gentle drizzle soaked him once again. The rain that had felt like fire the previous night came down as a soothing blessing tonight.

Enjoy this wonderful song by Rahat sahib to describe Asad's feelings...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P2I4njWtzE

Main toh bas teri chahat mein

Chahoon rehna sada

Main toh bas teri qurbat mein

Chahoon rehna sada

Saaya bhi tera main hone naa doon juda

Maine tay kar liya

Tere ishq pe, tere waqt pe

Bas haq hai ik mera

Teri rooh pe, tere jism pe

Bas haq hai ik mera

Bas haq hai ik mera

Bas haq hai ik mera

Yaadon mein tujhko rakhun

Baatein bhi teri karoon

Itna deewana hoon tera

Ho ho raaton mein jaaga karoon

Din bhar bhatakta rahoon

Main toh yahaan se bas wahaan

Tere ishq pe, tere waqt pe

Bas haq hai ik mera

Teri rooh pe, tere jism pe

Bas haq hai ik mera

Bas haq hai ik mera

Bas haq hai ik mera

Main toh bas teri chahat mein

Chahoon rehna sada

Main toh bas teri qurbat mein

Chahoon rehna sada

Saaya bhi tera main hone naa doon juda

Maine tay kar liya

To be contd...

Are we getting a seriously long update? 😃
Dare I hope? A long update, may be? :-)
Oh my god!! Finally they r together my happiness hav no bounds !! 🥳

Though i know lot of hurdles r on their way bt i just hope Now they ll face them together :-)

Your update touched my heart (:

Update soon! Already waiting. 😃

👏 Edited by Asya-Rm - 10 years ago
First of all di many many many many congratulations on your third thread of Faasle🥳
May Faasle get many more threads(yes i am that greedy😆)
I think this extra long wala Faasle update is the best thing that happened to me today or was it me catching up with my sleep the whole dayNah it was Faasle hands down anytime😃
Coming to the update firstly i am so happy that you gave us such a long wala update and need i say again it was amazing and the best part i saw every emotion in the update today anger,sorrow,pain,
romance,teasing and love...a fultoo fantastic wala update⭐️
Asad told Dilshad an Najma everything😲But dilshad wasn't shocked to hear that Rashid was alive...did all of them knew that Rashid was alive all along and just not his whereabouts or that was their intuition😕
 AND YOUR DARLING ZOYA IS HIS DAUGHTER IN LAW
Did i see a hint of sarcasm and anger towards zoya in his voice...i was like he misunderstood her?well i guess him thinking that zoya was married to his half brother was bound to get a reaction something like this...
I am so happy that Dilshad and najma didn't misunderstand zoya and decided it was time to meet her
"Ok, let me google her. I am sure I can find her."Najma has become techsavy...hamari zoya ka asar😆
aww di i loved your detailing...the way you described zoya's living room no one could doubt that it was her house...
Only if she didn't belong to someone else, he would have gladly picked all her things and arranged them neatly or placed them where they belonged.
Only if he knew that she has always and will always belong to him 
OMG i just love Farhan...the moment he denied to come down and asked asad to come up i knew that he will take him to zoya's personal den...he very own Taj Mahal...
 Every wall and corner of the room had one theme- Asad Ahmed KhanOf course every wall and corner of the room had Asad as its theme after all Zoya's heart had just one theme asad
oh i am so glad that everything got cleared up and no half truths...everything is out in the open
Oh asad's guilt...you know we often don't pay attention to what children are saying but they always talk sense
i loved zoya asad confrontation..i love fiesty zoya...i knew she wouldn't let him off the hook so easily..."why is it never about Zoya?...i just loved this line di
 Kya aapko ek baar bhi aisa mehsoos nahin hua ki in paanch saalon mein kya beeti hogi is ladki par?"...I loved zoya's outburst and each and every line was just amazing
i love how Farhan loves asad's company and its so glad that it is helping him
awww asad teaching Farhan to say that he loves zoya n he is an idiot was so cute but i knew farhan would say something else😆ammi is an idiot mr khan is an idiot🤣
Somethings never change abhi bhi itna time lag raha hai...but di i loved wen asad finally shut zoya up... Is promise ko poora karne ke liye, main wahan dushman se ladhta raha, na umeedi se ladhta raha, sirf iss liye ki main tumhein yeh kahe bina marnaa nahin chaahta tha. Zoya, I love you. I have always loved you. I don't know when I fell in love but the day we parted in Istanbul, I knew I was in love. Jab tum mere ghar aayi, then I was even more convinced and then when I was away these past five years, that was the only truth that kept me alive. Main hamesha hamare beech faasle dekhta raha lekin yeh nahin samjha ki sabse badha faasla mere khud ke dil aur dimaag ke beech tha. "...I have already said ki the skype wals indirect proposal was the best indirect proposal ever and i will say again this was the most romantic and the most heartfelt proposal and each and every word was perfect...i can't say more cause these lines were perfection😳the way he traced her face was so romantic😳hume QH mein aisa romance kab dekhne ko milega?😕
"Paanch saal pehle in hothon ko apna banaa liya tha, ab wo haq mujhey phir wapas de do Zoya"...i never though i would say this but damn you icecream and i loved the teasing after that😆
And wen zoya sees his wounds that was so emotional
And di how do you come up such innovative ideas...he painted a ring around her finger beautiful thought and such a sweet and thoughful gesture...
I wonder what asad will do next?
Finally Farhan sai the right phrases
As Asad rode back on his bike, a gentle drizzle soaked him once again. The rain that had felt like fire the previous night came down as a soothing blessing tonight.
Beautiful words to end such a lovely update

Love you love you loads di🤗
Edited by anushreemishra - 10 years ago
res
Unres

Wow finally we get such a lovely reunion
Thankyou di for making my day by such a lovely and long update
I have already said that im in love with your writings and i say again <3
This was perfect
You are the best di
I cant wait for the next chapter now !
Continue soon di

And congo on your new thread :D

Edited by MisZoobieDoobie - 10 years ago

HII! 🤗

Sangeeta, trust me, you are one good writer. I dont read too many fan fictions, and when I try to I leave them half way through, but you always manage to get me hooked on to your stories.
Your style of writing, your plot, it all seems so well planned out and your work is a pleasure to read. I read one of your stories a long time ago, and trust me, I became a fan
Congratulations on your new thread!  😃
I havent caught up entirely with this story yet, I just started last night and I am almost there.

Edited by Nicole. - 10 years ago
beautiful❤️
loved it🤗
finally asad confessed and it was amazing👏
but ice cream ne romance kharab kar diya😆
hoping to read more romance btw them..
and congratulations for ur new thread😊
awesome writer u r😊