VirMan SS: Tose Naina Lage *Ch 4 - Pg 17*

Posted: 10 years ago

Hey Everyone!

I'm here with a new SS and I know I'm mad because I'm starting another story ignoring how busy I am. But I really felt like writing another one and here it goes.

-x-

VirMan SS: Tose Naina Lage

An obsession. A passion. Dreams. The eyes that speak 'Life' and the voice that speaks 'Love'. Two lovers who are meant to be together. Will they ever realize that and choose the path of love?

The story of Virat, the handsome chep and Maanvi, the pretty dedfutiya who have their own obsessions and dreams. What happens when they cross each others path?

Chapter 1

"You look fine, Jeevs," I replied with boredom. This was the 10th time she was asking me if she looked fine. I put aside my novel and got up from bed. I placed my hands on her shoulder. "Jeevs, look here, I said turning her towards me, You should be happy that you're so beautiful. Just perfect, you know. Viren doesn't love you for your looks. He loves you because you're you. Do you get me?"

"Mannu, you're right! I shouldn't sweat it," she replied giving me a kiss on the cheek. A tear slid down my eye and she looked at me, worried.

"Haha look at me. I'm such a geek. I'm a nobody and I'm not even popular in college. You were but I'm not. Look at my geek glasses. Maya's right, I'm a nerd and I'm ugly." I cried taking my glasses out and looking at myself on the mirror. I suck. I suck at everything. I'm no fashion queen nor am I pretty. I'm not popular at college and its just like I'm invisible. Jeevika, my elder sister is just opposite of what I am. Perfect body, perfect hair, shes beautiful! Not that I am jealous. I'm just happy that she doesn't look like me.

"Mannu, are you kidding me? Who wouldn't want to look like you? You're the prettiest. Screw that fool, Maya. She thinks she's hot but she's not. Her dressing sense is so horrible. She has no right to talk rubbish about you. Everyone wants a body like you. A body like this is in fashion now. If you're talking about your glasses, then let me tell you, you look perfect with or without glasses. Maanvi, its not about being popular! You just need to be you. And as far as I know, you're too famous amongst my friends," She said and gave a smile. I knew what she meant and I burst out laughing. 

Years ago, I went to Jeevs college. It was her first year then. I saw a boy threatening to kill her because she refused his proposal. I walked and gave him a punch on the face. It was so hard that his nose started bleeding and since then every boy came to me to ask if it would be alright if they say I love you to Jeevs. All the boys used to fall for her beauty but theres one guy whom she has had a crush on since High School called Viren Vadhera. Because of him, she never dated anyone in the hope that he would ask her out someday and he did. A few days ago.

Jeevika is 'the' diva, you know. The Diva. Shes got a fashion sense that nobody has. She loves to dress up and is the coolest. A person would definitely look at her twice. Ignoring her girly behavior, shes bold and the kindest person ever. She has been a huge support to me ever since mom and dad died. We live in a place in Delhi where my dad used to own a large piece of land away from the crowded place. We are surrounded by peace and nothing else. No people nothing.

The window in our room overlooked the lake where swans swim during day time. It's  beautiful. The bungalow's huge and we don't need any extra money. Mom and Dad had left us a lot. Everything they owned was now ours. But money doesn't matter to us. We are inseparable. So that was the intro, I guess. But I haven't said anything about myself. Well you don't need to know a loser. I'm... what? I'm cool and I'm a sherni. That's something about me which I'm proud of. I think too much about Maya's words. In case you're wondering, she's the meanest girl in our college. Girlfriend of a jerk, Virat Vadhera. Got it right. He's the brother of Viren though they are so different. Virat probably doesn't know my name and I don't even want him to know. He's just arrogant. Who cares if he's handsome or popular. For me, he's nothing but a rich brat.

"If you say so! But now you're getting late. Viren must be here already and I'm sure you don't want to be late." I told Jeevika. She cried out an oh no and rushed out. I smiled as she went away and looked at myself at the mirror again. But this time I didn't cry. I was happy that I had got a sister as good as Jeevika.

~

My college friend Jenna rushed to me in excitement. I gave her a 'not interested' look but shes not that type of girl who would understand that. And sarcasm doesn't work with her. So if you say something sarcastic, then she would reply as if you were just talking about it seriously.

I walked with her, holding my books. College was just about to finish. I could hardly wait for the results but after the result, a special prom night was waiting for the last years. That means it's my batch. Seriously, I've never ever liked the idea of prom night and so I never attend them. Jeevs is really keen to send me but I know I'm going to look like a doofus.

"Oh my gosh Maanvi! The results are out," Jenna cried out.

"I thought you never liked to look at the results," I replied, hiding my excitement.

"I hate results but guess what! You've secured the first place. Gosh! Isn't it awesome?"

"Please don't tell me that this is a dream. OMG! Are you sure?"

"Of course! Go have a look," She said with a laugh.

I went to the notice board and screamed with delight. I just passed. That means I was going to get graduated. And then, I came back to reality as I heard Maya calling my name with an evil laugh. Seriously? Why was she even after me?

"Don't worry Maanvi! You might have passed but I'm sure you're gonna fail in the prom night. A flop princess. Oh wait! You never even attend the prom. Hahaha," Maya laughed.

"Who said Im not going to come? I am and definitely not be the flop princess. Because you are there to beat me in that category Ms. Fashion Faux Pas," I retorted.

"Back off Nerd! Lets see if you come to the prom or not. If you do, then meet me near the fountain. I would want to see your ugly geek face."

"Sounds like a plan froggy. By the way, broke up with your boyfriend? Oops! I meant boyfriends," I replied emphatically.

"You jealous?"

"Never! I don't want to lead a beggars life."

"Just shut up you orphan! I'm not surprised that you don't have any family. Nobody can live with you except your stinky sister," Maya gave a shrill laugh and went away with her two best friends.

I had controlled my anger all along but now she just crossed her limits. If anyone comments on my family or Jeevs, I cannot handle it. I wanted to pull her hair and give her a kick but Jenna stopped me.

After returning home, I realized that I had made a huge mistake by saying that I would attend the prom. I knew I could never look beautiful. I took out my guitar and started to play. Music has always been my passion. Its the second thing I love the most after Jeevs.

I was still in my own thoughts when Jeevs came in.

"Earth to Maanvi," She said.

"Oh sorry Jeevs! I was just thinking about something. I hope you're not too tired."

Jeevs was an engineer and I know I sound so stupid because a girl like her sounded more of a model or something. But she chose engineering and believe me, she's F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!

"I'm not tired. Just hungry but tell me what happened," She answered as she sat one the bed.

I told her everything and her expression changed every minute. From happy to angry to sad and at last to a smile.

"Congratulations Mannu! I knew you would bag that first rank. Ooh I cant wait for your graduation day. Its going to be so fantastic. You shouldn't be sad," She grabbed hold of my wrist and made me dance with her. I smiled but reminded her about the rest of the story.

"Yeah I know about that. I just stopped myself but now I think its time for you to know that you should just believe in yourself. Maya talks all rubbish. She shouldn't have made such a comment but that's Maya. We cant change her attitude and about the prom who said you're not going to look good? And if I'm not wrong, its a masquerade prom right? Not a problem."

Masquerade prom night. The worst idea. I'm pretty sure they came up with this idea for the losers who never get a partner and the popular ones can get to know the geeks without actually getting to see him. Huh dumb!

"Yeah? Not a problem? My glasses are a huge problem."

"Oh gosh Maanvi! You act as if you're the ugliest but you're so beautiful. When are you going to realize how pretty you are inside and outside? Looks don't matter if you're beautiful inside. And besides, I'm going to give you a complete makeover so don't you stress about it. Woo! Because I know my Mannu's going to rock it!" She shouted with excitement.

Oh no! That did not sound as good as I thought it would but maybe Jeevs was right. I care too much about my looks when I know that I'm good at heart. Uh I guess!

-x-

Hope you all liked it. Sorry for any typos and please do give me your feedback :D

Stella_Virman

Edited by Stella_Virman - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

VirMan SS: Tose Naina Lage by Stella_Virman

Index

Chapter 1 - Page 1
Chapter 2 - Page 9
Chapter 3 - Page 11
Important Note - Page 15
Chapter 4 - Page 17

PM List *not in alphabetical order*

-parishey-
-Sweety-
roshreb
saathana
jeemanrocks
Jannat94
niki795
jia123sagar
kulsum_virman
meera.chaudhuri
JESMY143VIRMAN
nrithyao
inlvwithehmmbh
kusharberry
aman-2
jaasz_25
ALANGRITA
indhu95
lujeyn9
Nishiarora
Coolio1313
Nikiee
anu1989
-bloom-
kushal90
Syed695
cutie_mahima
sweetyvirman123
nianeha
tellyrox
vgaa
Tuba_KSG
anu0555
aysha1989
ShivRajput
preethi18
tanishalnk
5roseparvin
Huma0301

Edited by Stella_Virman - 10 years ago
roshreb thumbnail
nice start!! beautiful banner ❤️ love the bond between jeeman!! mannu has a really low self esteem of herself  and maya makes it worst... i hate her and she is virat GF  but u said na two lovers who are meant to be together !! so will wait for the story to unfold.. excited for the  masquerade prom night..and virman first meeting !! update soon
Edited by roshreb - 10 years ago
Originally posted by: roshreb

nice start!! beautiful banner ❤️ love the bond between jeeman!! mannu has a really low self esteem of herself  and maya makes it worst... i hate her and she is virat GF  but u said na two lovers who are meant to be together !! so will wait for the story to unfold.. excited for the  masquerade prom night..and virman first meeting !! update soon

Thank you so much! I had to edit everything because the punctuation marks didn't appear. Hope it wasn't difficult for you to understand :D Thanks again!!

Love,
Stella
roshreb thumbnail
Originally posted by: Stella_Virman

Thank you so much! I had to edit everything because the punctuation marks didn't appear. Hope it wasn't difficult for you to understand :D Thanks again!!

Love,
Stella

if my comment makes sense to u means i got it :-p lol..no it was ok :-)
kushal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
I want an update nooowww..!!
Can't wait longer you know.!? :P
Update asap nd do pm me :) :) :)
kulsum_virman thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
wowww this sounds sooo goood and ofcoz so well written 😃
the bond that jeeman share is really beautiful how bth are eachothers support and boost eachothers confidence 😃
maya again the good for nthing gal just so buzzi interfering in others bussiness ...
jenna sounds really sweet 😃
excited for manvi's makeover and tye prom ...
btw nice banner 😃
thanx alott for the pm and plz update soon 😃
indhu95 thumbnail
I just loved each and every line and the way u penned it Stella!
Please do continue and also as soon as possible..It's my,kind request
Also this is the first SS I am reading.. I had no interest in others. I dunno the reason.. 😊 Edited by indhu95 - 10 years ago
Jannat94 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
awesome start Stella
loved it 😃
Thanx 4 the Pm
update soon 😊
Edited by Jannat94 - 10 years ago
Originally posted by: roshreb

if my comment makes sense to u means i got it :-p lol..no it was ok :-)

Haha!!! It was an absolute mess before