Posted: 10 years ago
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=cR5o8fTexr0#t=0[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by ramasuresh78 - 10 years ago
Tks for sharing. I think the update was shared but not the link. After living in the RM for close to 2 yrs and most of it just being a house wife it is indeed surprising that they have shown Sandhya to be a zero in household affairs. What is the use of her alertness in other things when she is clueless as to how much daal and shakar have to be brought. No doubt she will have servants to manage the house when she becomes IPS but if a girl does not even know how much grocery has to be purchased she will be taken for a royal ride by her servants who will buy all the groceries of their house also at her expense. Indeed a shameful and sorry state. I am sure Bhabo through her actions will help her instead of telling her directly.
Agree with umaji.
Can't see sandhya like this.
They have to show her by learning some trials and errors.
but buying a vessel weighing 5kg is utter mistake.
how a intelligent girl like sandhya do this.?
sandy has many times bought groceries when she was in RP

this is simple calculation
if she buys groceries for almost 10 people 

cant she buy the same for two

this is ridiculous
^ but umaji & ramaka i don't think bhabo would help sandy even indirectly... She will let her learn from her mistakes and also she knows that suraj will help sandy at any situation... (spoilers also suggest the same - sandy will make such mistakes)

And regarding the point that after spending 1 1/2yrs as a housewife, I don't think one would learn if they have no interest on that... Sandy has no interest in these things. So it is always possible for her to make mistakes. Another point is that Bhabo manages most of the work even after having three DILS... Meena is always in the shop, Emily is new but was never sent to market etc etc... Bhabo was shown going to markets most of the time except for a few cases... All of a sudden if one was obligated with some work which they have never done, it will be actually tough that too which they never showed interest in... It is good that they are showing sandy in that front... Buying from the given list (which sandy is used to) is different from buying everything from the scrap all alone. Though in one episode after this year's village track sandy was shown giving tips to bhbo itself, it doesn't fade of the fact that sandy's cooking skills & her knowledge about the household things are bad than meena & emily. Also bhabo is one person who always handled the accounts of the household without getting DILs involved in it...

As said earlier, this is going to be a challenge time for sandy as well. She has to learn things & improve herself with the help of Suraj of course. This is test for everyone... Suraj also has to bear with all these & achieve his goal (getting bhabo's approval)...

@Jhema - Sandy has never purchased those things nor does she have any knowledge about the same... Bhabo should be blamed for all theseπŸ˜† as she never let her DILs to take over the household management... Even a single matka is bought by bhabo in that RM.😳
Edited by shobhana_dabh - 10 years ago

Umaji these things need actual practice. Sandhya I dont think would have observed Bhabo doing these things. I mean she doesnt have any basic interest towards it. I can understand that. So it is good that she is learning things the hard way. She will learn, defo she will learn.

To be frank it is difficult to learn in RM with a bhabo like person hovering over you. Bhabo would be shouting criticizing and it is very difficult to apply your free mind with such a person around. You will always be tensed. But in SSM though she is stupid now, she will understand her mistakes and here it is only Sooraj. He will not shout or criticize at her mistake but def will make her understand her mistake in a gentle way and support her in a positive way to correct it.

It has been my personal experience. Because of my mom's extreme critical nature as well as my lack of interest I had never entered kitchen. Everyone had excepted me to be a flop in managing kitchen. But once I was out of house and started living in apartment with friends I learned things that too through mistakes only. I manage kitchen, grocery and all very well now, but for that still I need independance. If I see my mom around dont know still I am afraid πŸ˜ƒ and I will allow her to do it.  

@shobi telling you can make papad sabji and actually doing that are too different things. You can always tell others how things needs to be done. Trying doing it. As you said taking a list and going and doing things all alone are difficult things. I know when we were in apartment the tension we used to have. I still remember the first burnt bindi fry we had or the salty dal or half boiled rice. Grocery less said the better. Quantity would be either less or more. Thankfull all 3 of us were equally stupid. πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

Edited by shruthiravi - 10 years ago
Shobhana even if you have never brought those things ever in your life a girl of the level of intelligence of Sandhya does not know the quantities...😲 Does she not go to the kitchen daily and see the dabbas displayed. Does she not see Bhabo cooking in the kadai. When you are generally shown to have an above average level of IQ...is your mathematics so poor that you order 15 kg moong ki dal...You buy massive halwai type vessel for cooking for two...that is a bit difficult for me to digest no matter how much disinterested she may be in household work. She need not have been shown to be this dumb. This dumbness was justified when she was newly married not now.
Umaji you dont get to know quantities by observing. Bhabo has too much control on everything and has not allowed anyone any freedom. She went about giving orders and others obeyed it. Never thought much about it. That's the problem. I mean Sandhya never managed anything. She was DIL, but was one to be shouted around for silly mistakes.
If you are a real DIL you need to asked to manage the household especially Sandhya as the elder one. Bhabo should have forced her to do things and should have relegated slowly to the background but Bhabo didnt do it. She went on having the control of RM. That left everyone including Sandhya stupid as far as household things are concerned.
@ Umdu and Rama ..
I believe the way a girl handles household activities is very much related to the kind of brought up she has had .. Some families have so many servants around that their girls hardly do any work , Some girls are so much into their studies that they don't show any interest in cooking and all , this type would surely act like Sandhya  .. I and many of my cousins can relate to Sandhya ,Like I don't know about the prices of things , I cant even imagine getting grocery on my own πŸ˜†
While girls from few families are very much domesticated , even if they arent interested they are bound to learn it all , so when they move into a new family ,they are already an expert.
In house hold actitivites more than intelligence u need a lot of experience ..Otherwise u will fail many many times.

Edited by Toxic11 - 10 years ago
Originally posted by UMDU

Shobhana even if you have never brought those things ever in your life a girl of the level of intelligence of Sandhya does not know the quantities...😲 Does she not go to the kitchen daily and see the dabbas displayed. Does she not see Bhabo cooking in the kadai. When you are generally shown to have an above average level of IQ...is your mathematics so poor that you order 15 kg moong ki dal...You buy massive halwai type vessel for cooking for two...that is a bit difficult for me to digest no matter how much disinterested she may be in household work. She need not have been shown to be this dumb. This dumbness was justified when she was newly married not now.

Umaji only one thing i can say... Where there is no interest then there will be no learning... I can assure u that... The vessel was bought by sandy becoz suraj asked it... so there is all the possibility that she must have understood to be a halwai type vessel... FRom marriage till now she never had the opportunity to buy or handle things for even a single day... Even in so called village she was pampered by maasa & never worked ... Also in RM Bhabo meena was always there to help her out... Sandy could have been better but i really don't expect her to be a maharat in all the things... let her make mistakes (blunders) like this & learn...

No one in the world is master of everything... All have a section where their IQ is Zero or less... I wouldn't say sandy's IQ in this matter is zero but it is below the pass mark... she has to show interest first & then they can show her a sayaaani beendani...
Edited by shobhana_dabh - 10 years ago