Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Read it from a author point of view... (Page 7)

sarunsashasingh IF-Sizzlerz
sarunsashasingh
sarunsashasingh

Posted: 27 August 2013 at 2:21am | IP Logged
Very well said, agree with u.

garash Groupbie
garash
garash

Posted: 28 August 2013 at 1:16am | IP Logged
hey i understand ur view point n will keep commenting on the stories written!!
aNkItA.C IF-Sizzlerz
aNkItA.C
aNkItA.C

Posted: 28 August 2013 at 2:11am | IP Logged
Well said...much needed post!!!
As a writer I also feel the same when I dont get that much response what I expected...
When a writer is writing something, its not that its effortless..
They put their hardwork while writing!!! Thinking about a concept and pen it down are two different things...
While writing one may face various hindrances!!! So when we ask for the likes and comments, it doesnt mean that we are forcing you to like or comment...
All writers want to know the feedback from their readers...
When I am writing damn 5 pages.. I should know what readers think about my update!!!
Or else whats the need to waste damn 3 hours to write an update?
We have our personal life...We are giving 3 hours from our damn personal life... If we ask for the feedback then whats the harm?

If you are not following one's story simply PM the writer to remove you...
Sending PMs is a hell tiring job!!!
Earlier when it was 20 PMs at a time, it took me 1 hour to send the PMs...
I have a huge buddy list..Almost 600...And honestly speaking I dont get that much time to filter my buddy list... Its easy to say that " filter your buddy list", but its really hard to go through buddy list and remove those who werent commenting!!!
All I can say is "Reading a story" and "Writing a story" are two different things!!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

crazyyfan

crazyyfan IF-Sizzlerz
crazyyfan
crazyyfan

Posted: 28 August 2013 at 3:18am | IP Logged
A much needed post Clap.. We have several posts from readers point of view and your post has us an opportunity to express the writer's point of view.So here is my personal experience  from purely a writer's point of view.

When i first started writing i dint know i was actually going to write more.And that writing will become my primary thing on the forum Embarrassed.

My first few works dint get as many likes or comments as i was fairly new to the forum and was still a newbie when i wrote my first OS and SS.I dint have anyone on my buddy list to begin with Confused.

I was so delighted  for getting 40-50 likes and about 25 comments for my works at the begining but over time i started writing more and was happy to know several people started following my stories and my buddy list grew.I never know at that time that an increase in your buddy list doesnt necessarily mean an increase in comments or likes Unhappy

I have about 600 + buddies in my list and i spend more than an hour only for pms.Its really disappointing and discouraging when i dont even get one fifth of the comments or likes.

Its not that the writers crib about not getting enough likes and comments.All the writer wants is little recognition for their hard work and few encouragement from the readers in the form of like and comments.Its not easy to come up with new concepts and new ideas every time. we writers take lot of time away from our respective busy schedule to formulate a story in mind and spend hours to pen down our thoughts in such a way the readers like and enjoy it.

What hurts most is there are few silent readers who have read almost every work of mine but had never bothered to drop even a single word comment.I can understand if the silent reader is a new bie and 0 Post member.But most of the silent readers are dazzlers and rockers Ouch if you can spend time and increase your posts by chatting in CC's , you can also spend about 2 mins by commenting on the stories you take the time to stalk and read.

And the most depressing thing of all is the silent readers on our buddy list.These are the people who will comment just once on an update asking us to add them for pms.But after you start sending pms to them regularly they just quietly read it without bothering to comment ever again.When you expect writers to pm you for their updates everytime, the least you can do is hit like and drop in a comment.

Most of the writers including me give long updates ( 5-6 pages) which infact take hours to complete.The least we expect is few words from the readers by letting the writer know that they are liking the story or share their opinion about the updates.No writer is against criticism.I personally feel it helps the writer to understand where the story or update is lacking and can be improvised in such a manner that readers enjoy it.But there might be few who would be little sensitive. In that case you can tell them politely in a manner it doesnt offend the author.

Being said all that,  am happy for the few loyal readers i have , who had never let me down in my journey as a writer so far.You guys know who you are Heart and am always grateful for those who gives a very detailed insightful comment which had helped me in improving my writing Hug ! I just wish all the silent readers are like you guys Ouch

Edited by crazyyfan - 28 August 2013 at 3:22am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AfyaaNkItA.C

Go to top