Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Read it from a author point of view... (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 8

Page 1 Page 5
Page   of 8
Page 7 Page 8

AnupamaJY

IF-Rockerz

AnupamaJY

Posted: 25 August 2013 at 9:57am | IP Logged
completely agree with you!
i am not a writer. but i can understand what you are saying!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

gopijimodi---Sonia---

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Read it from a author point of view... (Page 6)" in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

RabbaVeGrey

Goldie

RabbaVeGrey

Posted: 25 August 2013 at 2:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ---Sonia---

Originally posted by evrydayirabbave

i get what you're saying
i mean yeah, as a writer, i would like to be known
sometimes i see other writers (i wont mention names) and im like why do they have so many likes when they post like a month or two later?
i wouldnt say that i "cry" for views, but now and then in my head i do ask why im not such a hit like others
every comment i get encourages me to write
i'll have those moments/days where im just like i dont wanna write, but when i see the new comments, i do it for my readers and plan ahead

true, But I think that you are already a hit writer at least for me you are...
I have also been that place where I see the other writers story and see how many comments and likes they are getting and I see my story...
I have also been there where sometimes I did not even want to write a update because I thought who will read the story.
that is why the comments and likes are encourages writers to write a update and do their very best.
thanks for sharing your thoughts:)

lol aww sweet of you to think so, but im really not
100+ likes always here, at most, 170 or something Cry
and i send out 400+ pms Cry
no prob Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

gopijimodi---Sonia---

-.Pari.-

IF-Dazzler

-.Pari.-

Posted: 25 August 2013 at 7:08pm | IP Logged
I completely agree with you Sonia!

We put in hours to write an update and also pm everyone! We have our own personal life beyond IF too but still we take time away from that just to write updates and pm everyone. Then its really heart breaking to see less likes and comments and only the number of views increase. 

Every time I update I think whether I should even  continue! If we send pms to 100 ppl only 20 will comment ... what is the use of pming then!

And the worst thing is we don't even kno why they don't comment ... is it because they are not liking the story or is it something else!

Thanks for writing this Sonia! Its time for readers to think through the writers perspective. 

Love
Pari

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

---Sonia---

madhusquare

Goldie

madhusquare

Posted: 26 August 2013 at 10:32am | IP Logged
HI Sonia

I am with you in this

I understand the effort you take to write something. Writers only expect people reading their work and acknowledging it what ever they felt

When the writers take so much time for doing it, can't a person who spends atleast five mins for reading the chapter tahe a minute to respond on the same

I am a working women . Sometimes it becomes impossible for me to comment on the updates, Unless it is very diffucult, i always leave my inbox with the pms which i have not commented when i am busy

then whenever i find time i go on commenting on the works one by one. U may question why not when u read it. Its because of the eagerness sometimes I cant stop myself reading the update

Today also i was sequentially commenting, i found this pm

Initially I could not understand who this Sonia is , then i clicked on the link and found its the same india094

One more thing last two weeks I was stuck up with work So could not comment on your work in those days sorry for that

I tried responding the latest 50 pms today

---Sonia---

xbeyondwordsx

IF-Dazzler

xbeyondwordsx

Well-Bred CC Captain , FF Graphicer

Posted: 26 August 2013 at 10:54am | IP Logged
I wouldn't say I agree with you completely but I do see you point. I know what you mean when you see an author is under pressure when they are not getting enough likes/comments and hence, they ask for it. This is fine. But the point when an author starts to threaten a reader saying if they don't comment, they will not update. Now this is unfair. 

You said that author are putting so much hard work, which we sure appreciate. But ultimately, it is the author's decision to share their work in the first place. If they have committed themselves to a FF or a SS, I believe they should fulfil it. We all need motivation and encouragement but we can't ignore the readers that already comment on your work daily, for the ones who don't. It's not fair on them. 

I write too and I do get disappointed when I don't receive much feedback  but that's okay for me. Because the readers that commented matters more to me than those that haven't commented.

I hope I don't sound harsh and if I do, my apologies :)

Love, Zoah x

---Sonia---

---Sonia---

IF-Dazzler

---Sonia---

Posted: 26 August 2013 at 12:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pari162

I completely agree with you Sonia!

We put in hours to write an update and also pm everyone! We have our own personal life beyond IF too but still we take time away from that just to write updates and pm everyone. Then its really heart breaking to see less likes and comments and only the number of views increase. 

Every time I update I think whether I should even  continue! If we send pms to 100 ppl only 20 will comment ... what is the use of pming then!

And the worst thing is we don't even kno why they don't comment ... is it because they are not liking the story or is it something else!

Thanks for writing this Sonia! Its time for readers to think through the writers perspective. 

Love
Pari

yes, I understand your feelings very well.because it is hard to send pms and then see the comments...if the readers dont want pms or not reading a story then they should tell that. instead ignoreing the pms and dont even reading the story...

-.Pari.-

---Sonia---

IF-Dazzler

---Sonia---

Posted: 26 August 2013 at 12:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by madhusquare

HI Sonia

I am with you in this

I understand the effort you take to write something. Writers only expect people reading their work and acknowledging it what ever they felt

When the writers take so much time for doing it, can't a person who spends atleast five mins for reading the chapter tahe a minute to respond on the same

I am a working women . Sometimes it becomes impossible for me to comment on the updates, Unless it is very diffucult, i always leave my inbox with the pms which i have not commented when i am busy

then whenever i find time i go on commenting on the works one by one. U may question why not when u read it. Its because of the eagerness sometimes I cant stop myself reading the update

Today also i was sequentially commenting, i found this pm

Initially I could not understand who this Sonia is , then i clicked on the link and found its the same india094

One more thing last two weeks I was stuck up with work So could not comment on your work in those days sorry for that

I tried responding the latest 50 pms today

I dont mind if you can comment late...because I do understand that there is life outside this site and you cant always be here and read updates. That I understand really...

but what I dont understand is when a reader send a pm and tells how they love the story and do send them pms and all that and later they stop commenting and when you ask them...they say oh I dont read your updates. like what the, I have send them pms for some time and make sure this person has got the pm and later you say that you dont read the story, really?

that is something I have problem and later they try to be like oh I dont like this or that about the update.

Yes, I have change my username now it is ---Soina---

madhusquare

---Sonia---

IF-Dazzler

---Sonia---

Posted: 26 August 2013 at 12:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by xbeyondwordsx

I wouldn't say I agree with you completely but I do see you point. I know what you mean when you see an author is under pressure when they are not getting enough likes/comments and hence, they ask for it. This is fine. But the point when an author starts to threaten a reader saying if they don't comment, they will not update. Now this is unfair. 

You said that author are putting so much hard work, which we sure appreciate. But ultimately, it is the author's decision to share their work in the first place. If they have committed themselves to a FF or a SS, I believe they should fulfil it. We all need motivation and encouragement but we can't ignore the readers that already comment on your work daily, for the ones who don't. It's not fair on them. 

I write too and I do get disappointed when I don't receive much feedback  but that's okay for me. Because the readers that commented matters more to me than those that haven't commented.

I hope I don't sound harsh and if I do, my apologies :)

Love, Zoah x

well, I do understand the point where you have said writer themselves share their work, that is true but I also think if a writer starts to threaten then I think they are just under stress dear...because I have also been that place there the school life and home life and work life was so much for me that I did become little rude, why because nothing was working for me and the likes and comment was low where many pms I used to send was really many. why I send pms to them who did not even comment because themsleves used to tell me oh, I have this and that. Now that is not fair for writer, no is it because if you are not going to comment then why should I send pms to you?
As you self have said that you also get disappointed because you not get that much feedback...every one does get disappointed dear and for some it is like should I stop?

for the readers who always comment, this post is not even for them...this is post for readers who dont comment and thinks that writer should send them pms...readers who think they have a right who can talk alot but when it comes to updates they dont even comment. sure it is unfair for them who always comment but it is always handfull who comment on time and the rest comment then they know if they dont comment they will dont get a pm.  Now this it fair for the writers?

thanks for sharing your thoughts:)

Post Reply New Post

Go to top