Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dattamaitry thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
hey dear agree with you...

wanted to tell the readers like me, that if you are reading & liking them then plz do comment.bcz they deserves this for giving us wonderfull storys...
Nickysweet thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I totally agree with u sonia. U know what i m always getting very few likes and comments i send pm to more than 150 peoples but getting only 20-22 likes..it feel so hurt as a writer when u take lot of time in writing and only few are reading and commenting on it that's y i don't have interest in writing. I always comment and like on other updates regularly but others don't read my story..i feel so hurt sometimes but still i write due to of my friends who motivated me always.
JCJS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Hmm got ur point I would say better u can filter ur buddy list so that u send pms only to the people who really respect u and ur work and still this is only my point of view. Really the silent readers Will b silent however u request. So woreing about the the people who least care hurts so writers can b happy with their few truth full dedicated readers and also make them happy .
oKBSo thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Exactly, like see we readers are putting all our strengths in update and PMs so we actually expect something in return

YOU JUST HAVE TO FOLLOW THREE STEPS:
1. read the update
2. like
3.comment

How much will it take? Zyada se Zyada 10 min...And if any of members don't want to read plz PM the writer, or blog them
At-least it will save us from sending excessive no. of PMs.

I only read few stories but I always like and comment
I also demanded at-least 70 likes for my fiction HOPE IN RAIN update. I am not greedy these are my expectations.

As you readers demand update, we expect response, let it be good or bad.

LOVE
KBS

oKBSo thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Please readers if you are not interested please inform the authors, please respect and value their time. Its not that we authors enjoy disturbing you by PMs, but how do we know, if you didn't inform us. Mere saath bhi same case hai yaar.
I send 247 PMs for HOPE IN RAIN and HER 5 to HIS 25
but the number of likes are like 70 an 110.

Please I request you if you don't like one story of a author and follow their other stories please inform us. It is hell impossible to PM above 300. We authors love you all. Hope you love us back same.

LOVE
KBS
---Sonia--- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Afya

Res

A discussion isn't complete until both sides are heard. So, in that sense, this post was very much needed. I would like to write my 2 cents on the topic.

Let me begin with why I write a story- Here is the honest truth. There is no 'writer' in me crying for some recognition. I usually when inspired, make up stories in my head some of which I  have begun to pen down only because my readers seem to like/enjoy what I write. The day I realize this is not the case, I will simply stop writing with no hard feelings at all.  Until then I hope to enjoy sharing my stories with all of you and, seeing you enjoy too gives me immense happiness.

Writing is no easy task. It takes a lot of hours to conceptualize and write. And it is extremely hard to keep up the regular updates, especially when real life is busy as it is. I personally try my very best to update regularly. I have on occasions, spent hours writing updates even when I was extremely bone tired after more than 70 hours/week at work. I have put off doing some family things because I had committed to giving an update on a particular day and so on. Don't get me wrong. I love/enjoy sharing my story and vision but sometimes lack of time makes it very difficult. And I try to be as regular as I possibly can, because I know I as a reader would have liked the same.

And here's what gives me satisfaction, what makes it all worth the effort:  Knowing (through likes and comments) that my readers enjoyed the story as much as me. I love it when some of my readers take the time to pen down detailed comments on my updates...appreciating those scenes and dialogues I got excited creating. I also like their honesty when they point out the bloopers, if any. To sum it, I love their honest feedback.

So, this is what I appreciate from my readers...'honest feedback'. Likes and comments (telling me what they liked) if they liked my story.  And if they didn't like it, I would still appreciate a comment telling me what they didn't like.( I can understand,some writers may not be open to criticism as much, and if you are not sure, you can PM them)

Before my writing journey began, I too have been guilty of writing one liners (Good work, awesome work etc) although I meant every word. I always pressed 'like' if I liked the story and didn't press it, if I didn't 'like' the story. I always felt the author deserved an honest feedback. 

But now that I started writing myself, I appreciate what comments mean to the writer, like never before.

So yes, in my stories, although I appreciate every feedback I get, I appreciate the detailed feedback a tad bit more and I often dedicate my updates to one of them to let them know how much I appreciate their detailed feedback.

What confuses me as far as feedback goes, is when some readers write that they loved the update but don't 'like' the update. I often check the number of 'likes' to judge how my readers like a particular plot. This often influences how I continue the story. So, when readers love it but don't hit 'like' I am left confused.

I am human and I do get disappointed when only some of all those I PM, give me some form of feedback.  I am not sure if the others read silently or don't read at all.
To all those who don't read, let us know so that both of us can be spared the PMs
To all those who read silently, please do gives us your valued feedback. We crave it.

So, there I had my venting session.πŸ˜›

I would like to end by saying how much I appreciate all the Arhi writers. Who said IPKKND ended last year? You guys have kept it alive for all of us through your stories. So, Thank You.πŸ‘

love what you hav written and it is so true:)
As much we do try our best to update reguler but sometimes it does not work like that because outside this site, we do have a life. I do try my best to update but it does not work like that. Sure as a reader, I would love to have a update from a writer everyday but now I know that it does not work like that. I think we should write when we want to and not because we have to because then it no longer fun to write a update. About like, readers should remember if they really like a update then do press the botton because it will only make the author really happy and I know that sometimes the like button does not work. I have been that place but I always tell the writer by comment that the like button is not working for me so they know about it.
if a reader does not read your work then it is bst to tell the writer or just unbuddy so there will not be any hard feelings. Sometimes I had to send pms to some readers and then later I found out they were not even reading any of my stories. So if you are not reading any stories then just unbuddy the person
---Sonia--- thumbnail
Originally posted by: evrydayirabbave

i get what you're saying

i mean yeah, as a writer, i would like to be known
sometimes i see other writers (i wont mention names) and im like why do they have so many likes when they post like a month or two later?
i wouldnt say that i "cry" for views, but now and then in my head i do ask why im not such a hit like others
every comment i get encourages me to write
i'll have those moments/days where im just like i dont wanna write, but when i see the new comments, i do it for my readers and plan ahead

true, But I think that you are already a hit writer at least for me you are...
I have also been that place where I see the other writers story and see how many comments and likes they are getting and I see my story...
I have also been there where sometimes I did not even want to write a update because I thought who will read the story.
that is why the comments and likes are encourages writers to write a update and do their very best.
thanks for sharing your thoughts:)
---Sonia--- thumbnail
Originally posted by: ..Gunjan..

well i completely agree with u 

as a reader i do not have any problems if they ask for likes and comments becoz that is why they post there works here..for feedback and also encouragement to continue writing and so they ask for it. and like they don't ask for a certain too much amount of comments and likes do they ? in the start they only may ask for some 10-15 likes even if they ask and then mostly they ask it when they usually get a good amount of likes ..if the no. of likes will suddenly decrease they surely feel bad..

as i writer i would say
true i never mentioned that i wished for a certain amount of likes or comments but i did wish for it. when i look at my updates and compare the amount of likes on the previous update and this update and find that this update still not reached around that point. i don't feel like people want to read it much or like i just think to wait till it reaches that point i do ! till that time i don't even think of updating it also because i am busy with studies and my other stories.
like the story i update most late is the one which gets really less response and i can ask what is wrong in that if u can't give much response and feedback i won't feel like taking time out of my life to write it

the reason i write may be becoz i imagine a lot and want to pen it down but the reason i share it with all instead of keeping it in a document of my computer is becoz somewhere i do wish for a little feedback.

so at the end u r write readers should think about the writer's POV before saying he/she is rude or something
hope u agree with me πŸ˜†πŸ˜Š

I agree with you dear and it is true that a writer even if they dont ask for likes or comments they do wish that they will get that many likes or comments. and why not it is not like they are asking for that much. and if a writer is rude then think why are they being rude. maybe sometimes they are under stress like I have for not that time ago. maybe back then I did become a little rude to some but it is because I have under stress to write a update every day. later when the stress has taken off my shoulders I become a person that I really was.
thanks for sharing yout thoughts:)
---Sonia--- thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Iruni-

AgreeπŸ‘

As a Writer If I didn't get the amount of likes and comments
it feels low..
and the feeling of writing something lost essence...
As we write when we have the time to study,to do something else..
Sending PMs for Many also a very tough job..
as now we can send PMs 50 buddies it's easy now..

yes, it is now easy to send pms but not time ago we were sending pms to 20 persons and then it was hard. but did we stop sending pms, no we did not so the readers should also remember that.
thanks for sharing yout thoughts:)
---Sonia--- thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nickysweet

I totally agree with u sonia. U know what i m always getting very few likes and comments i send pm to more than 150 peoples but getting only 20-22 likes..it feel so hurt as a writer when u take lot of time in writing and only few are reading and commenting on it that's y i don't have interest in writing. I always comment and like on other updates regularly but others don't read my story..i feel so hurt sometimes but still i write due to of my friends who motivated me always.

yes, it does hurt when your the how many likes you are getting when you are sending pms to so many but I think you should start up with having a pm list.
write down a pm list and then post here and only send pms to them. if someone is reading your work but is not commenting then tell the reader to start commenting. that way you will have a control who is reading your story and who is not. that why the reader who did not comment before will start to comment.