Qubool Hai

You are my sweetest downfall| Asya os

Legilimens thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago

This fic is based on the song Samson by Regina Spektor. Please listen to it before you read. Thank you.

You are my sweetest downfall.     
I loved you first.
Beneath the sheets of paper lies my truth.

He was sitting on the chair looking blankly into the distance.
Unmoving. Emotionless.
He could easily have been mistaken for a statue. She moved in front of him, kneeled down and clasped his hands in hers.
It will be okay, itll get better. I promise.
She cant promise anything and she knows that. He did too. His hands slowly slip out of her grasp and he resumes his position gazing out of the window, into nothingness.
He feels the kiss she places on his cheeks, the wetness of her tears, staining his face
I have to go,
I have to go.
Your hair was long when we first met.

She briefly looks over her shoulder, and look at him one last time before leaving for work.
From behind, he could have been a completely different person. his neatly gelled hair, the trait of Asad Ahmed Khan, was no longer there. She walks right out the door as he moves to run his hand through where it was. She cant watch his agony anymore. She has to go.
Samson went back to bed.
Not much hair left on his head.
He ate a slice of wonder bread and went right back to bed.
Asad lets out a roar as he feels his head. It was never meant to be like this. He was supposed to be happy. You both were supposed to be happy. His body shakes as he lets out the tears. The tears he keeps locked up until youve left each day. He doesnt want to be a burden. Shes his wife, not his nurse.

And history books forgot about us

And the bible didnt even mention us.

And the bible didnt even mention us, not even once.

If people could see him now. The great, mighty Asad Ahmed Khan. Beaten by a disease. He has finally lost his strength. People had tried everything to bring the heartthrob industrialist down, but no one could have predicted this.

Youre my sweetest downfall.

I loved you first

I loved you first.

She sits at her desk, trying to concentrate on the work. Its no use. A couple of people turn around as she threw her pen down in frustration.
Ignoring the stares and whispers, she grabs her bag and walk out of the building into busy high street. The noise surrounding her is a distraction from the painful silence at home. It reminds her when they were happy.

Beneath the stars came falling on our heads.

But they are just old light, theyre just old lights.

Hi, Im Asad. Asad Ahmed khan. Said the young boy sitting in the desk in front of her. His hazel eyes were so warm and welcoming that she could do nothing but smile at his enthusiasm.

Nice to meet you she replies politely, as her aunt had taught her to. I am Zoya Farooqi.

So Zoya, you are new here right?
Yeah, I have been bought up in N.Y.C, even though my roots are in India..
So? How are you finding India yet? If it is not so good, tell me. I know a place where they sell delicious pani-puries. Ammi always takes me there. Said an eleven year old Asad, bouncing in his seat.
India is pretty awesome till now. Said Zoya, laughing.

Samson came to my bed.

Told me that my hair was red.     

Told me that Im beautiful and came into my bed.

She remembered the first time they were together. Their friendship had barely survived their school years as his ego grew once he had realized hoe famous his family was. She sat and watched year after year he would cockily walk around the halls and corridors like he owned the place, with his brother, Aayan in tow. When he wasnt around others, he was the sweetest person shed ever met. They would sit and talk for hours in the playground, just outside her home, on the swings. Two teenagers, without a care in the world.
12th grade was their grade. He had finally come down off his self built stage. Something had changed him over the summer, he was her Asad again.

The day it happened wasnt a particularly significant day. There had been no football match, no ball, no birthday or party. It was just an ordinary day. They were sitting on the swing, laughing, when out of nowhere he kissed her.

She knew it wasnt how he kissed other girls, she could feel the emotion behind it. She knew it was the start of something.

Afterwards, they lay together under the stars, on the roof of his house, he stroked and twirled her long hair and whispered.
you are beautiful.

Oh I cut his hair myself one night.

A pair of dull scissors in the yellow light.

Her thoughts began to change as she walked further into heart of Mumbai. She remembered the last night. When he still had fight left in him.
That night he handed her a pair of scissors and told her to do it.
His thick locks fell to the ground and, as you continued, his face became paler and paler.

And he told me that Id done alright.

And kissed me till the morning light, the morning light.

And he kissed me till the morning light.

When the task was done, he tried to smile and assured her that she had done alright.
Last night he kissed her like he had never kissed her before. As though he wanted to remember the feel of you forever.

Samson went back to bed

Not much hair left on his head

He ate a piece of wonder bread, and went right back to bed.

As she walks through Mumbai, Asad pushes himself off his chair and moves slowly, away from the window. He takes the awful tasting medicine which the doctors had given him and then retreats to their bedroom. He curls up in the bed like a child and remembers the happiest day of his life. Their wedding.

They had seemed an invincible pair that day. They were facing the world together. As best friends, as husband and wife.
Their love was what people aspired to have. To be as strong as they were. To be happy as they were.

Oh, we couldnt bring the columns down

Yeah, we couldnt destroy a single one

And history books forgot about us

And the bible didnt mention us

And the bible didnt mention us.

Not even once.

He lies in the bed and thinks about how she could be so much happier without him, how much easier her life could be. He slowly drifts off to sleep and his dreams began to focus on her.
Her hair, her smile, her beauty.

She stops walking abruptly. She realizes that she had walked home..Finally realizes where she needs to be, where she wants to be.

You are my sweetest downfall.

When she enters their bedroom, she sees Asad curled up and climb under the covers, holding him closely.

They will beat this together.

I loved you first.

How was it guys? Yes, Asad is suffering from cancer in my fic. I was inspired to do so because one of my dearest friends mum died of cancer. This was in her memory.
Please leave your likes and comments, if you liked it that is. Thank you so much for reading.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rosamale thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
it was soo beautiful dear😊 The kind of one which touches our heart and leave the impression there😳
pheonixflame thumbnail
That was seriouly good. It was beautiful. 😳
pheonixflame thumbnail
Originally posted by: pheonixflame

That was seriously good. It was beautiful. 😳

pheonixflame thumbnail
Originally posted by: rosamale

it was soo beautiful dear😊The kind of one which touches our heart and leave the impression there😳

It did, didn't it?
Chipmunks. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Beautiful..Touched my heart
NAVI55 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Wow... This was so beautiful👏

The way you described their feelings made me all emotional😭

This is one very good piece of writing...
Legilimens thumbnail
Originally posted by: rosamale

it was soo beautiful dear😊The kind of one which touches our heart and leave the impression there😳

Thank you 😳
Legilimens thumbnail
Originally posted by: pheonixflame

That was seriouly good. It was beautiful. 😳

Thank you 😳
Legilimens thumbnail
Originally posted by: hottytotty

nice