Debate Mansion

Is the lack of education/awareness causing rape? (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 15

chopsticks

chopsticks

Posted: 04 September 2013 at 2:55pm | IP Logged
No lack of anything causes rape. It's MEN. 
Why talk of precautions on women's side? We don't want prevention, we want CURE. If we stay stuck at precautionary level we would stay there forever. I fear anything much, except rapes, will happen if this precautionary mentality gets inherited. 

It's somewhat in the culture to draw lines. Defining Taboo. Parents and Teachers should talk openly about sex/rape/other forms of abuse in front of their kids. Much before they get this information in a different context from po*n and other sites. So that their brains stay on right track. They ought to know that women are no sex objects. Using force on them is going to cost them their lives, this fear should be there in male minds from an early age. #juvenilesasrapists? Situation can't get worse. 

It's women who fear from rape. And why not? It's the worst nightmare for a female. But it should be for males to fear from committing a rape. It's men who need to know their limits, not us. Because unless they stop, no amount of what people call prevention can stop rape. So limit men. If you have to apply restrictions then don't let your SONS go out at late nights. This is better than prevention, it's along the lines of cure. No manhood on the streets = No rape no the streets. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Purva-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is the lack of education/awareness causing rape? (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Purva-

IF-Dazzler

-Purva-

Posted: 04 September 2013 at 3:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chopsticks

No lack of anything causes rape. It's MEN. 
Why talk of precautions on women's side? We don't want prevention, we want CURE. If we stay stuck at precautionary level we would stay there forever. I fear anything much, except rapes, will happen if this precautionary mentality gets inherited. 

It's somewhat in the culture to draw lines. Defining Taboo. Parents and Teachers should talk openly about sex/rape/other forms of abuse in front of their kids. Much before they get this information in a different context from po*n and other sites. So that their brains stay on right track. They ought to know that women are no sex objects. Using force on them is going to cost them their lives, this fear should be there in male minds from an early age. #juvenilesasrapists? Situation can't get worse. 

It's women who fear from rape. And why not? It's the worst nightmare for a female. But it should be for males to fear from committing a rape. It's men who need to know their limits, not us. Because unless they stop, no amount of what people call prevention can stop rape. So limit men. If you have to apply restrictions then don't let your SONS go out at late nights. This is better than prevention, it's along the lines of cure. No manhood on the streets = No rape no the streets. 

Actually restricting men from going out at nights solves so many problems - no thefts, no speeding vehicles, no rash/drunken-driving, no road-rage, no rapes, no hooliganism on streets - our police force would have less than one-tenth of work to do if only we would impose curfew on the men.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

chopsticksMagixX

shalini1323

shalini1323

Posted: 05 September 2013 at 12:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by shalini1323

Do we still think rape is seriously about caution and precaution?

Rape is committed by men who know that they can make excuses and get away with the crime. Let us not further enable them by victim blaming.

No, rape is not about caution or precaution... the victim is not to be blamed for this. Don't get me wrong. But since our policing, government and society - all three are highly incapable of protecting their women and are not able to identify these rapists till a crime gets committed, shouldn't we equip ourselves with our own protection? A little bit of precaution could have prevented such a crime? 

Godfather had a good post earlier. What precaution? How much precaution? What should a dead body do to protect itself from rape " Auto combust upon death? What should an eighty year old widow do to protect herself from rape " commit sati?

When it comes to rape, the question of what could the victim have done otherwise should never ever cross our minds. The only questions should be how do we punish the rapists? How do we prevent rapists from making a joke of the legal system? How can we ensure that our streets are safe for everyone at all time of the day?

Do you have the link to the post by Godfather - I'd love to read it.

Yes I know where you're coming from ... but what I fear is that in a country like ours, rapes can never be "cured" because we are governed by crippled people who disgustingly let a 17 yr old "juvenile" free just because he's a "juvenile". We have 72 yr old some asaram baba raping 16 yr old and getting away with it !!!

Our law is impotent. As negative as I sound, I feel is that - there will never be any cure... anytime soon in India. 

And thus I was talking about prevention ... the girl who was raped was a photojournalism intern .. should her bosses been a little more vigilant as to send with at least a couple of more people.. What I am saying is out of concern, I am in no way blaming the girl but perhaps this could have been avoided if she hadn't gone there with just a friend..? 

Whose responsibility is it to take care of women n men in the country? It's the people who govern us and IF they fail to show any sort of improvement, security and respect for their women, doesn't it fall back on us to be responsible for our own safety and protect ourselves? And here, I am in no way saying that being responsible for your own safety equates to being responsible for the rape that happened...  for eg.. if you are driving on the right side of the road and 4 cars come in the opposite direction of the road, you can't stop and say "hey you are in the wrong lane" ... it's too late. We do not have control over what these animals do. We need to protect ourselves from an accident .. and that's why I mentioned perhaps a bit of caution could have prevented this.

peridot.

peridot.

Posted: 05 September 2013 at 2:27am | IP Logged
One question- Are the rapists (adult, juvenile, paedophile, natural, unnatural, hetero/homo, one time or serial rapists) AWARE that it is WRONG to rape?

chopsticks

chopsticks

Posted: 05 September 2013 at 3:11am | IP Logged

Do we still think rape is seriously about caution and precaution?

Rape is committed by men who know that they can make excuses and get away with the crime. Let us not further enable them by victim blaming.

No, rape is not about caution or precaution... the victim is not to be blamed for this. Don't get me wrong. But since our policing, government and society - all three are highly incapable of protecting their women and are not able to identify these rapists till a crime gets committed, shouldn't we equip ourselves with our own protection? A little bit of precaution could have prevented such a crime? 

Godfather had a good post earlier. What precaution? How much precaution? What should a dead body do to protect itself from rape " Auto combust upon death? What should an eighty year old widow do to protect herself from rape " commit sati?

When it comes to rape, the question of what could the victim have done otherwise should never ever cross our minds. The only questions should be how do we punish the rapists? How do we prevent rapists from making a joke of the legal system? How can we ensure that our streets are safe for everyone at all time of the day?

Do you have the link to the post by Godfather - I'd love to read it.

Yes I know where you're coming from ... but what I fear is that in a country like ours, rapes can never be "cured" because we are governed by crippled people who disgustingly let a 17 yr old "juvenile" free just because he's a "juvenile". We have 72 yr old some asaram baba raping 16 yr old and getting away with it !!!

Our law is impotent. As negative as I sound, I feel is that - there will never be any cure... anytime soon in India. 

And thus I was talking about prevention ... the girl who was raped was a photojournalism intern .. should her bosses been a little more vigilant as to send with at least a couple of more people.. What I am saying is out of concern, I am in no way blaming the girl but perhaps this could have been avoided if she hadn't gone there with just a friend..? 

Whose responsibility is it to take care of women n men in the country? It's the people who govern us and IF they fail to show any sort of improvement, security and respect for their women, doesn't it fall back on us to be responsible for our own safety and protect ourselves? And here, I am in no way saying that being responsible for your own safety equates to being responsible for the rape that happened...  for eg.. if you are driving on the right side of the road and 4 cars come in the opposite direction of the road, you can't stop and say "hey you are in the wrong lane" ... it's too late. We do not have control over what these animals do. We need to protect ourselves from an accident .. and that's why I mentioned perhaps a bit of caution could have prevented this.

Those couple of more people come under potential rapists. There have been cases where a security person raped the woman he was supposed to secure. Now what? Women are nowhere secure, not even at homes with their brothers and fathers. Female teachers/kids at school, does that mean we should stop going to school just to prevent this? So basically what we should do is lock ourselves up in a room for a lifetime? What is the purpose of living if it's all about living with so many cautions and fear? Are we born just to grow up like this? What about our dreams/ambitions/freedom? Prevention is just going to make MEN more fearless. They would take it as our weakness to be unable to face them and all they're going to find would be ways to corner us. Is that what we want? Prevention in my language means 'fear' alone. Fear and absence of nerve to think along other lines, and it's for both men and women. Unless we think along the lines of change, change will not happen. I know I can not change the whole world. But I can at least do my bit. And if everyone does his/her bit then we collectively can make a difference. Present grown up men, we can not change their mindset. So it's our law that should be strong enough to punish them. And we should focus on tomorrow's men, the kids, juvenile. So that at least our future is better than the present. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Rehanism-Purva-

maha2us

IF-Dazzler

maha2us

Posted: 07 September 2013 at 10:32pm | IP Logged
I am still trying to explore why rapes take place. Still there are relevant questions which are not answered.
why the photo journalist was sent to a mill abandoned since 1985 that too around 6 PM in the evening? That place has poor lighting. In that case how is photography possible?If her employer has sent her to such a place, why no media or Govt: agency is talking about this action by her employer in which she was sent to a risky place at odd hour? Clearly something more is there in this case which we all don't know.

.Peeves.

IF-Rockerz

.Peeves.

Posted: 08 September 2013 at 5:17am | IP Logged
No. Lack of education/awareness isn't the reason!
If that wouldbe the reason there wouldn't have been rapes of educated women!
Its men's mentality! 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Purva-

.Peeves.

IF-Rockerz

.Peeves.

Posted: 08 September 2013 at 5:20am | IP Logged
Okay agreed that it is a natural tendency of men to feel sexually attracted towards women but they should be taught the limits.
If they are so desperate to have sex they should to be taught to go to the call girls.
They will get what they want and those girls will earn too!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top