Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Accio. thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Causes - 
1. Lenient law. Men know nothing major is going to happen and they can get away with this. 

2. Male superiority. And I think it's because men are physically stronger that they are considered superior. Pathetic mentality! 

3. Women who do not fight for themselves and their self respect, individuality. They, in a way, specially mothers and sisters at homes implant these superiority ideas into male brains. This inferiority complex does cost us a lot. 

It's not lack of education. It is lack of fear in men, and inferior mentality in women. 

Rapists should be castrated and women should accept that they can survive as an individual in this world. They are equal to men, no inferior. Only thing in favor of males is physical superiority. So I think Martial Arts should now be a compulsory subject for girls in school. It's the need of the hour. 

lizzy84 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
hey me new here read this intense discussion
every one out here has their own perspective and u guys are correct in ur place
but I just want to put forward my views
first of all fortunately or unfortunately our country runs on a power driver system
its similar like the old jungle story where the lion and his friend enjoy and everyone else out there is helpless.in INDIA the situation is similar to the above one
and the RAPE incident is one of the outcome of this
the people who do this heinous crime think that they would easily get away .I really don't know what exactly goes on in their sick mind !!!
its not that rapes are  happening just  in 21 century ,these crimes were done in past too
but sadly they were not given much importance thinking about the "girl's dignity"(which I hated and continue to hate)
in our country or in our great mythology women are given the status of goddesses !!!!!!(what an irony isn't it )and the sad scenario we get to see IS women are victims of such things.
women empowerment ,NARI SHAKTI are few words that are used in our day to day conversation
NO  offence but I HATE THESE WORDS!!!!! THESE WORDS TEND TO PROVE THAT WOMEN ARE WEAK AND THEY NEED SUPPORT OF SUCH WORDS TO CLIMB UP!!
UNFORTUNATELY BY BLASTING PARLIAMENT OR POLITIACIANS WILL NOT HELP US .
WE AS A CITIZEN I THINK SHOULD COME TOGETHER TO SOUGHT THIS
(I KNOW I M SOUNDING TOO PHILOSOPHICAL SORRY FOR THE SAME)
 we need to take ownership of our actions.
we just have to understand that the victims and the rapist belong to our society .
true that these rapists should not be spared but we at first place should ensure that such case never happen.
HOW MANY OF U REMEBER THAT JUST AFTER TWO DAYS OF DEHLI GANG RAPE ONE MORE GIRL WAS RAPED CLOSE TO THAT VICINITY
U SEE THESE PEOPLE DONT FEAR LAW WHAT CAN BE MORE SHAMEFUL THAN THAT !!
THE FIRST Thing  WHICH POPS IN OUR MIND after hearing such cases  ARE QUESTIONs????  EG

1 WHAT THE HELL THE GOVERNMENT IS DOING
2 ARE OUR DAUGHTER,WIFE,SISTER ,MOTHER SAFE OUT HERE
3 WHY CANT THEY JUST HANG THESE RAPISTS
but seriously think did u get any answer !!!

guys we since kinder-garden are taught INDIA IS OUR COUNTRY BUT SADLY NO ONE BOTHERS TO LOOK IT AS ONE (EVEN ME )
WE ARE NOT JUST STUPID MOB WHO WILL GET INSTIGATED ONLY WHEN CRIMES HAPPEN
ITS HIGH TIME THAT WE UNDERSTAND THE GRAVITY OF THE SITUATION RATHER THAN PLAYING THE ENTITLED "BLAME GAME "

- JAI HIND

p.s sorry for wavering away from the topic but I think both lack education and lack of awareness are the two side of the same coin so they both can be looked as the proximate cause

Edited by aanya84 - 10 years ago
lizzy84 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Accio.

Causes - 
1. Lenient law. Men know nothing major is going to happen and they can get away with this. 

2. Male superiority. And I think it's because men are physically stronger that they are considered superior. Pathetic mentality! 

3. Women who do not fight for themselves and their self respect, individuality. They, in a way, specially mothers and sisters at homes implant these superiority ideas into male brains. This inferiority complex does cost us a lot. 

It's not lack of education. It is lack of fear in men, and inferior mentality in women. 

Rapists should be castrated and women should accept that they can survive as an individual in this world. They are equal to men, no inferior. Only thing in favor of males is physical superiority. So I think Martial Arts should now be a compulsory subject for girls in school. It's the need of the hour. 

I agree with ur point I think its high time people change their bias mentality .
also I feel sad that the anger evaporates after some time
aren't we supporting the famous proverb "out of site ,out of mind "
DonnaHarvey thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: asha_parekh

While I agree that mother's must teach their son's 

There is lies the problem. Why mothers? Why not parents?
and become more strict, enforce limitations on TV and 
Hain? rape culture & TV, I get. rapes and TV, that's a long shot. But, let's go with it for now.
not compromise on the basis of false sexist beliefs;
again, hain?
 it is also important to educate girls on moderation in their attitude, lifestyle and dress manners. 
PUKE. This deserves a meme. Hold on, person. A meme that describes this attitude is coming right up.

shalini1323 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
do you think such a situation like a gang rape could have been avoided? If the girl was a little more careful and not gone out to that place at shakti mills... a little care & caution would have prevented this from happening? Because the country is full of psycho rapists round, do you think a little bit of caution on the victim's part could have potentially avoided this situation?  
-Purva- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: shalini1323

do you think such a situation like a gang rape could have been avoided? If the girl was a little more careful and not gone out to that place at shakti mills... a little care & caution would have prevented this from happening? Because the country is full of psycho rapists round, do you think a little bit of caution on the victim's part could have potentially avoided this situation?  

Yes surely the woman should NOT have gone there - no girls should go to schools and colleges either - because that is also one place where gang-raps occur.

Girls should NOt travel in buses - else they might be raped like in Dec.16 case.

Girls should not travel in trains also because not will they get raped but also thrown out of the trains like it happened with the Mumbai braveheart.

Girls should not sleep in their own homes because they can be kidnapped and raped as it happens with so many poor family girls.

Girls should not live alone else the watchmen will come and slit their throats.

Girls should not sleep inside their own homes else their throats will be slit like Aarushi.

Girls should not work or go to offices or schools or hospitals else they can get raped.

Girls should not step outside for parties with their friends else they can get molested like it happened with friends of Reuben and Keenan.

Girls should not go to gurukuls else they can get raped and molested by Babas.

All girls need to do is follow these simple precautions and they won't be raped.

Evil isn't the real threat to world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common: Jim Butcher
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Do we still think rape is seriously about caution and precaution?

Rape is committed by men who know that they can make excuses and get away with the crime. Let us not further enable them by victim blaming.

-Purva- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Rape is committed by men who know that they can make excuses and get away with the crime. Let us not further enable them by victim blaming.

hadey - this entire thread is primarily about how Women are to be blamed for getting raped - a brilliant study of "She asked for it" culture. And every now and then some GENIUS comes up to post some more of that inanity.

Tell me is this typical of DM? I've yet to see any genuine discussion or debate here.

shalini1323 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

No, rape is not about caution or precaution... the victim is not to be blamed for this. Don't get me wrong. But since our policing, government and society - all three are highly incapable of protecting their women and are not able to identify these rapists till a crime gets committed, shouldn't we equip ourselves with our own protection? A little bit of precaution could have prevented such a crime? 
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: -Purva-

hadey - this entire thread is primarily about how Women are to be blamed for getting raped - a brilliant study of "She asked for it" culture. And every now and then some GENIUS comes up to post some more of that inanity.

Tell me is this typical of DM? I've yet to see any genuine discussion or debate here.

Most debates on rape always have one side that keeps saying the victim is to blame for rape. They won't say it outright but will package it in euphemisms like she should have shown more caution. In the past we have had some serious debates against this archaic view on rape. Many members have debated strongly against such views. But by now everyone is sick and tired of the victim blamers I guess.