Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.MissAmerica. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: asha_parekh

Why is it so frequent these days in India?

Our country is where women are the most respected in the world
, nowhere else can you find that the very Creator is in the image of a woman. It my be in ancient times in Greek mythology, however currently even they are with a Male God. No where in the world can be a culture like Indian culture, then why are we plagued by this disease?

Might this be a conspiracy against the progress of India as a modern nation by our historic enemies? Have we ever thought of this possibility?

I fail to understand that our land can be in such news. I hear from my mother and people of her times that rape was unheard of during their times, and that only landlords would do it to the lower caste in those days. Now it seems that the people in cities and all over the country are effected by it.

Even if it is our product, then why so much now? What is the problem? How will ordinary people like us rest with our daughters outside?

@ Red - 🤣🤣🤣Being an Indian girl,only this reaction I can give...Especially in some states(I won't name them) I have seen women being judged as nothing more than a commoditty..

@ Green - Yes...many forms of goddesses are worshipped in India...lets go to Indian mythology...Goddesss Sita was avtaar of Goddess Lakshmi,still Raavan kidnapped her and kept forcing her to marry him..I mean excuse me,she's is world's creator...isn't she???

Then come to Draupadi...Lord's sister..she's worshipped at many places..but what happened to her?Her husband sold her like he sold his palace,horses,elephants etc.I hope everyone knows the following Mahabharata story of  Kauravas who tried to rape her and the very insulting phase of Draupadi for which I still hate Pandavas as IMO the cowards are depicted as heroes...
After that even Jaydrath kidnapped her to marry her.

Our very own and my most adorable Lord Krishna, stole the clothes of women while they were bathing in the Yamuna river. He did so to tease them and for the pleasure of watching the beauty of their naked bodies. We hang miniature paintings of the same act in our homes proudly.

We also have god  Shiva, who insisted on entering the bathing arena of Goddess Parvati and did so by eliminating a child who was keeping guard at the open door. Lord Ganesha..

Also we have gods who  have cut the nose and ear lobes of a woman who approached them professing her love (Lakshman is depicted as having done this to Shurpanakha), and yet we adore him and see him as a symbol of loyalty, sacrifice and righteous indignation.

I really hope I can find more examples from India mythology about how worse goddesses ar depicted in many place as am really god with Indian mythology.

IMO,Our cultural upbringing conditions make most male minds to behave in a cruel fashion with women. Family upbringing, societal conditioning, religious reasons and political animus, all construct our men and women into being what they are " men as aggressive and women as submissive.

And I think most Indian males have this thinking  - where they compare women with a property..If u are hungry,u can eat a fruit from anyone's tree...same way,If u feel sexually frustrate,u can rape any women..thats not a big deal and equal to eating a fruit from someone else's tree.

And about not having rapes earlier,I would say that media was not at all powerful that time.Sill there were news of landlords raping.Today,we get news from all-over world thats why we hear about that.Not heard and not happened are two very different terms.

.MissAmerica. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Name calling and coloring all men in the same color will not solve anything but make things more complicated. We must remember that the daughters who are raped are some father's daughter and some man's love. Repeatedly we have seen helpless fathers and beaten up men. Father's running on the streets to the Police or the Hospital, helpless. The male lover or friend, blood soaked and beaten, in critical condition on a hospital bed.

While I agree that mother's must teach their son's and become more strict, enforce limitations on TV and not compromise on the basis of false sexist beliefs; it is also important to educate girls on moderation in their attitude, lifestyle and dress manners.

It cannot only be the responsibility of the family, but also the media and the community as a whole.

Why is it so funny that this decay of our society might be a foreign conspiracy?

Ok I somewhere believe that everyone should dress according to place and people around...as u cant roam in hot pants in villages of India,but I find  @ bold point have nothing to do with rapes.Mannerisms are something which everyone should learn - girls or boys...
Arab is one of most unfamous countries for rapes.Interestingly,womens there need to cover their whole body while going out.Still covering every inch of your body won't stop rapes...
asha_parekh thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Purva-

Pls.cite instances of name-calling in my post.

Btw, aren't you the person who was spying on the son at night? Had I known that wouldn't have bothered replying to you at all. Anyway this is my last reply to you.

Why you accuse me for that? Can you clarify? That was a post for discussion with others, and if you find it odd or distasteful, you should have avoided it. I personally dont think it had anything wrong.
punk666 thumbnail
Most of the men that commit rape, molestation and murder are from the poor and are illiterate, I honestly don't expect their mothers to teach them anything considering how badly they threat their mothers and sisters. also majority of men in low and middle class do not respect women, women are not allowed to do things while the men are. Few things could be done to help decrease the crimes, which would be
1. Women learning self defense, karate or martial arts since women get attacked when they're alone and there's no body to help, in those cases the girl could possibly free herself and escape if she know how to defend herself.
2. Spray or some sort of anti rape weapon could be introduced.
3. Not going out late at night, even men get robbed at knife and gun point at night, it's just unsafe for everybody.

I also think castration should be brought up against rapists because they obviously do not fear and it will be a good way to set an example and a lot of people are demanding strict punishment anyway.
Edited by punk666 - 10 years ago
-Purva- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 5
don't women get raped in colleges, by office colleagues, by school-teachers? It's wrong to generalize like this. There is one and only one reason for rape - MAN's inability to control his physical desires. Also MAN's insecurity and inferiority complex leading them to try and destroy women thereby proving their own so-called "manliness".

Reason for Rape in plain and simple terms - MAN.

Teaching women self-defense is good and necessary - but that is like treating the symptom and not the disease. If you want rapes to stop - teach your MEN first.

And for all the "Empathetic" men - a first step would be to stop cracking sexist jokes.
charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Name calling and coloring all men in the same color will not solve anything but make things more complicated. We must remember that the daughters who are raped are some father's daughter and some man's love. Repeatedly we have seen helpless fathers and beaten up men. Father's running on the streets to the Police or the Hospital, helpless. The male lover or friend, blood soaked and beaten, in critical condition on a hospital bed.

While I agree that mother's must teach their son's and become more strict, enforce limitations on TV and not compromise on the basis of false sexist beliefs; it is also important to educate girls on moderation in their attitude, lifestyle and dress manners.

It cannot only be the responsibility of the family, but also the media and the community as a whole.

Why is it so funny that this decay of our society might be a foreign conspiracy?

Why do I read this as some form of justifying rape. 

I hope you understand that rape of a s*x worker is also equally heinous offense , so no rape or molestation in general has nothing to do with attitude, lifestyle and dress manners of a girl. 

The first form of education is family. Ours have been a patriarchal society for eons, saying that rapes were not happening in the past is very whimsical. Girls were killed inside the wombs, girl education was totally shunned and sati was hailed. So , you see, unfortunately, even the women for a long time considered themselves the second grade citizens. Media is a reflection of our society, it will present what majority would lie to see. Why not instead of expecting a censorship , the women actually teach their boys to respect girls as an equal . Communicate more about s*xual education. Teach him , never to call a girl "easy or loose" if her skirt is inch or too short.

For the third part, I believe you, totally foreign conspiracy in sending these demons to purposefully indulge in this heinous act and violate womanhood in general. Pity! we will blame everyone but us .  Now if you may also  mention the countries behind this conspiracy , we can send our nukes to do the calling.

McNinja thumbnail

@bold Once upon a time, long ago, our ancestors use to roam in the nude most likely, or with minimal clothing. Some religions commanded the men to walk with heads bowed, so as to not look at women and have barbaric urges. The issue is lack of morality and respect people have for other humans. 

Rape isn't only confined to adult, grown women. You hear about young children, both boys and girls, getting raped. And men too get raped, even if its far less reported. So I'd like to know what was wrong with attitude, lifestyle or dressing manners? Why single out women and their need to "moderate"

Name calling and generalizing is a pretty small issue next to the kind of reasoning you've stated, which only adds to the regressive outlook people have when it comes to rape victims and will do nothing to help the problem. 

Edited by McNinja - 10 years ago
0o0o0o0o0o thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
In addition to reasons listed in posts by other members ------its also an urge to show power, dominance, instill fear , take revenge, control the victims..--/  

What if female species were physically stronger than males?  @

And victims are not always young females --even kids, old women are raped. Recently there was disgusting news about a group of a-holes raping a dead-body of a girl - next day after she was buried and funeral rights were performed. So you see !  this has nothing to do with clothes that women wear. In addition to giving elevated rights to women, an adequate protection should be provided. Clearly law n order is a joke in cities where you see repeated crimes about rape or sexual molestation. Rapists are recording videos of such crimes (Guwahati incident? ) so they really don't care about the consequences. ----so need more stringent laws and punishment

You can't just enforce morals/ethics about  modesty or dignity on women and have men all the liberty -------- It should be equally enforced on both genders. ! If you are going to ask women not to step out of the house after 9 pm ---then why not rather mandate all men to stay inside home after 9 pm?  And yes, please check statistics about rapes for every country .. Its a problem that no country has totally eradicated.

And off note,bollywood needs to stop those scenes of gang rapes in movies. These sick movie makers have habit of showing bad guys as powerful ones, who usually rape either heroine or hero's sister in movies -/ and then these rapists walk off the scene with a smile( signalling victory) as if nothing has happened. ---that's the power, dominance i was talking abt ! There are nutcases in our society who are influenced/inspired by negative characters in movies - -
PilloWtalk_13 thumbnail
ICC CWC 2023 Participants 0 Thumbnail ICC CWC 2023 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 8
i think there are educated rapists in our society more thn uneducated one! thing is tht their story never comes out!
.Sad.But.True. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Not at all...Its basic lack of morals, values and respect for women...Rapes are very very common in many developed countries/citities where literacy rate is high...So education isnt the problem IMO...