Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Chennai Express (VIII)- Reviews/BO Updates!

pooja-menon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago

Edited by ....Poojie.... - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Che.Guevara thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Therefore, recently when there was the expected brouhaha about Aamirs my dog is called SRK comment, it hardly surprised me. As have the unpredictable Salman Khans bitter tirade against SRK , Akshay Kumars rather pathetic attempt to live under delusions of grandeur that he is supposedly the new King, and even the great Amitabh Bachchans rather unwarranted sarcastic digs at SRKs quiz show. Even Manoj Kumar , resurrected by a calculated frown on his forehead joined the anti-SRK bandwagon. Bollywood is a dirty rat-house despite the steaming coffee with Karan, and synthetic smiles. Its an insecure world out there, living a paranoid existence.

They may anoint him as King Khan but strangely enough SRK may be a victim of the fact that he will be perpetually perceived as an outsider by the grand old family-networks that still strangulate free enterprise in Bollywood. For many, the short-sized slender cigarette smoking middle-class Delhi-wallah was an alien intrusion . The fact that he usurped the coveted throne, and has steadfastly refused to give an inch for over a decade, has clearly rattled Bollywood rivals. I think no one anticipated such impregnable , enduring dominance from brand SRK. Like Sachin Tendulkar in cricket , the man has been extraordinarily consistent. Box-office success and acting awards , hosting quiz shows and award functions, a slew of commercial ads, jet-setting with corporate honchos, Madame Tussauds , Temptations road show, book -releases, the IPL franchise-ownership , a self-owned production company and an animation studio. Lunch with the Gandhis. He has even made doing his Dard-e-disco at private weddings a revenue stream. Other fellow actors, have quietly followed. With increased corporatisation and free capital inflows, the financial stakes in Bollywood have become astronomically high. SRK has single-handedly created the entertainment industrys financial capital warehouse; both working funds and huge profits. Now everyone seeks a lions share. Its pure financial arithmetic.

But I think what has unnerved most about SRK is the fact that behind that I am the best macho line, he is remained the simple old Delhi wallah. He has not beaten up his sultry wife Gauri, and his sister is not filing a criminal suit against him. He is a protective, indulgent father, and a trustworthy friend. These are all rare commodity traits in our glittery stardust world. Underneath the six-abs pack he remains a small-town boy in a world he knows only essentially worships the last man standing on a Friday opening.

I thin SRKs hidden biggest strength comes from his own internal pain. The fact that his parents died when he was still young. That his mind-numbing success will be forever elusive to them. I think only those who have no parents will understand his emotional-mental construct.. I think he lets his passions overflow , his energies double-up, his character assume new dimensions whenever he gets in front of those whirring cameras. Its a cathartic moment. He lets it go.

πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ 

--Fairy-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Hi 
Is CE cross the mental hospital today or not ??
TheAquaCapri thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Feel bad for SRK, While the other actors pretend to be what they are not and conveniently get the "Good" tags. SRK is always misunderstood and is being portrayed as cunning and manipulative.😡
Che.Guevara thumbnail
Originally posted by: lovelyaddiction

Feel bad for SRK, While the other actors pretend to be what they are not and conveniently get the "Good" tags. SRK is always misunderstood and is being portrayed as cunning and manipulative.😡

It basically Old Bollywood Families vs SRK πŸ˜† 
tomnjerry2 thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: KARAN888

It basically Old Bollywood Families vs SRK πŸ˜† 

that's bcoz they could not top him till date !!!! πŸ˜† 
TheAquaCapri thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: tomnjerry2

that's bcoz they could not top him till date !!!! πŸ˜† 

And will never be able toπŸ˜‰
And their fans can keep dissing and sulking!
MoodyFoodie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Kya baat hai, 8th thread πŸ₯³ Chennai Express I-F pe bhi saara records todti πŸ˜† 
tomnjerry2 thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: Paani.Puri

Kya baat hai, 8th thread πŸ₯³ Chennai Express I-F pe bhi saara records todti πŸ˜† 

in my knowledge no movie  passed 2 threads !!!! πŸ˜† so yeah it an All time record !!πŸ₯³
Che.Guevara thumbnail

Shah Rukh Khan's 'Chennai Express' mints Rs 200.56 cr in second week

IANS | Updated Aug 23, 2013 at 05:44pm IST 
Copyright Free Song
Search Our Exclusive Song Library.   Great Songs. Low Prices. No CatchiStockphoto.com/Copyright_Free_Song

New Delhi: Superstar Shah Rukh Khan-starrer 'Chennai Express' continues to raise the bar. After grossing over Rs.150 crore in its opening week, the Rohit Shetty-directed film has now crossed the Rs.200-crore-mark in the second week and is still going strong.

The action comedy, produced by UTV Motion Pictures along with Shah Rukh's Red Chillies Entertainment, was made at a budget of about Rs.75 crore.

The domestic box office collection of Rs.200.56 crore is besides collections at centres abroad where the film has been exhibited.

'Chennai Express', produced by UTV Motion Pictures and Red Chillies Entertainment, was made in Rs 75 crores.

"This also shows the potential of Indian theatrical market - with right film, marketing and distribution there is no limit," Gaurav Verma, Director - India Theatrical Distribution, Studios, Disney UTV, said in a statement.