Jhalak Dikhhlaa Jaa Season 6

Is the show really rigged or is it just in our mind (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 13

jyoti06

Channel Moderator

jyoti06

Posted: 23 August 2013 at 7:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kaushikbasu

Some more things I cannot understand.

1. When you have a whole range of dancers why do a face off, because in that case even if Lauren gets zero votes every week she would surely sail through to the finals.

2. If marks and vote accounts for 50-50. Then why start marking from a minimum of 7. They should give 1-6 as well if the performance is that bad. To me 30 means ultimate and could not have been better, which could be maybe 1 in the whole season.

I know the above points are not related to the topic but then these are things which raises a question of unfair play.

About your first point , I do agree here .. in fact their format itself is not constant .. it keeps changing every yr as per convenience .. last year right till top 5 they dint hv a face off and this year suddenly right from start they hv a face off .. Ouch .. I feel face offs can come into play at later stage when competition gets tough and not before that ..

Coming to your second point ., I feel 1 2 or 3 are almost like fail marks and might b embarassing for a celebrity , so that can b avoided , but they can start scoring from 4 onwards and as competition gets tougher , they should b more and more strict with marking  ... this year I see 30s r distributed every week like sweets , reason why even if a contestent scores say 26 or 27 which is high scroe too , they end up feeling disappointed and for this I blame the judges .. they r making the contestents used to 30s and so they feel if they cannot score 30 , then its a bad performance and gets demoralised Ouch

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

AngeloScurosscomp32-Sradha-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is the show really rigged or is it just in our mind (Page 7)" in Jhalak Dikhhlaa Jaa Season 6 forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

jyoti06

Channel Moderator

jyoti06

Posted: 23 August 2013 at 7:55am | IP Logged
@ ruchisahay : U hv indeed raised some grt points Thumbs Up.. What I feel is winner is decided based on who can get maximum regional votes (especially SMS votes which of course bring revenues for channel) ..So in a way u can say yes there is rigging of sorts but the rigging is done based on the trends of last few weeks before the finale and I feel channel sees two main things .. one is maximum growth as a dancer (counting his/her good days , bad days ..everything) and two is which contestent is getting them max SMS(regional) votes for channel .. So in this case if a contestent gets more online votes  but another one gets less online votes but more SMS(Regional) votes , then the later is declared the winner which is sort of rigging only because if u tally both online+sms votes and give fair decision , then who knows , online votes might b more than SMS , but channel will give verdict in favour of regional votes

@All : Just now another member  phal oh pg6 gave the link which shows how bihar voted in huge nos for Gurmeet last year .. he belongs from that region .. so this makes it clear that regional voting is given more importance here ... in forums , many might b thinking that if a actor is popular , he/she wins it but mayb we r yet to find out the real facts in this case Ermm..

So I feel channel rigs the winner who can get max regional votes for channel .. now whether its fair or unfair , its a different debate .. channel can always say we will give priority to our Indian states over outside india votes(online ones) Ermm

Edited by jyoti06 - 23 August 2013 at 7:55am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

kirti0712DiehardYMfanAngeloScurosscomp32-Sradha-

nneeiill

IF-Sizzlerz

nneeiill

Posted: 23 August 2013 at 8:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by AreYaar

Originally posted by nneeiill

and i totally disagree with members who say DD is a non performer..like really???? come on itna bhura bhi nahi naachti yaaro...so lets just say...barring kids rest all three would be deserving candidates overall (dance + votes) ...and its a fair deal ..is it not ????

so the question of channel being rigged does not really matter in the end LOL

DD isn't a non-performer...she can dance...but thanks to the time restrictions that she's juggling, her and choreographer don't have much time to polish or bring flow to their acts so many times the fumbles are GLARINGLY obvious.

Shan is deffo not going to win...DD's ginormous fanbase is going to sweep everyone out of the way...I don't even have a doubt about thatLOL...and poor Lauren despite being the best dancer this year and having shown the most growth in terms of challenging herself as a dancer is not going to win either.

Colors has set up the script quite well...Salman has been waiting and waiting to win since so many years...finally he's been blessed with a contestant with the biggest fanbase that will vote her to the finish line...lol...and then ofcourse there is the fact that DD is Colors's poster child right now...is shown to be working so hard juggling two shows...and she isn't exactly the worst of dancers either...she can atleast dance...so she won't exactly be the worst of winnersLOL

As long as all expectations of a truly deserving winner are thrown out the window, everyone can enjoy this show just fineLOL

yes anu thats what I said too.. keep aside  Lauren and rest are not great dancers...all have some weakness be it shaan,DD,kids,mukti etc etc..moreover i still do not understand when salman,punit and lauren were from same movie..they were leads in the same movie..how fair is it to have two as choreographers and one as contestant...so lets just say imbalance is everywhere in this show..be it the participants or judging...

and JDJ is dancing with celebs...so that implies not only dance but popularity also matters in deciding the final winner...if its intention was to be made for purely as dance show..they can do it like DID...but here the game changes coz celebs are involved ..so just like when we say lauren is the deserving winner coz she is the best dancer of the  lot likewise DD is deserving too coz amongst all the contestants left she is popular and huge fan base..am not saying show is not rigged..but what i mean is lauren or DD is deserving in one way or the other..one may be in the form of Dance and other in terms of popularity...

Edited by nneeiill - 23 August 2013 at 8:10am

AngeloScurojyoti06Drashtifan4ever

SayanoraVViegas

IF-Rockerz

SayanoraVViegas

Posted: 23 August 2013 at 8:18am | IP Logged
I can't comment on the show is rigged or not but I agree that show is scripted specially the fillers but the Manish-Kapil fillers are hilarious and worth a watch for comedy but I think Colors should prepare a proper script as the next show is Comedy Nights which gives viewers a bundle of comedy dose.

Last years winner Gurmeet won because of his fan base according to me.I have nothing against Gurmeet or his fans but actually I think Gurmeet deserved to win and this year I hope a TV star wins again.

I can't comment on the inner logic of regional voting and all as I am first time voting for a reality show (only one contestant)

Currently for me Drashti is more hard working (Juggling between two shows isn't easy as we can see stars with one show only complaining)

Only I would like to give Colors TV one suggestion to bring a fresh judging panel and improve the editing of the show.

Viegas 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

kirti0712AngeloScurojyoti06.Nafisa.

.Nafisa.

IF-Stunnerz

.Nafisa.

Posted: 23 August 2013 at 8:42am | IP Logged
The concept of the show is different from the UK version which I've watched off and on over the years, the Jhalak makers took the rights from BBC as it's their concept but how the Jhalak people are doing it is not correct. They are taking people as contestants (the celebrity) which are already dancers, this year Sonali and Sumant both dancers, Mukti and her partner both dancers, Lauren and Puneet also both dancers, in the UK version that does not happen, in the US version who also bought the rights to produce their version it's been happening too both celebrity and choreographer are dancers in some of the cases which gives them an edge over the other contestants, therefore I feel the rules in this area should be changed the BBC should tighten up on the US and India to tell them to take celebrities that are not dancers into the competition as contestants.

After that they comes to what you asked is the show rigged as in the makers Colors TV have decided who the winner is going to be, No it's not rigged for the eventual winner, but some anomalies are taking place (things that should not happen for it to be a fair competition), So just to be clear here the eventual winner is not a rigged winner, last year's winner Gurmeet Chaudhury beat Rashmi Desai (a Colors actress) to the win, she was the better dancer Colors could have made her winner, but that would not be fair to all those that voted for Gurmeet to win, the scores from the judges and the audience numbers when added up made Gurmeet the winner. So though the judges voted Rashmi higher because of her dancing ability the votes from the public were less for Rashmi so she came second. 

Saying all that I have said the judging in the competition week by week is questionable, the judges even if the difficulty level is low for Lauren they go out and say wow extremely over the top comments for routines where they were all in white (afterlife dance and the adam and eve performances) and also the one where they were in orange and red (this performance only had emotion and not many steps the routine was less difficulty), routines had very little difficulty, Lauren and Punit only held out their hands to each other the whole routine but only the emotion alone scored them high scores whilst others can put the same emotion but score low marks, the others have to do both emotion as well as high difficulty level, with lots of wow factor to score the high scores, whilst Lauren I've seen three routines where the difficulty level was low but only emotion (expressions) alone scored them highly, so I've criticised three of her performances. But out of the Independence day performances, her routine on Gandhi was the best performance, so what I want to see for fair judging is the scores to reflect what I'm seeing, they should show her going up and down too, that means the performance in orange and red should have scored a 25 maybe, after life performance 25 again to make them think okay lets come up with a more difficult routine and wow the audience, because the 30 30 30 each week is not reflecting what I'm seeing in her performance the routines are not hard enough to score the full 30 marks. Going to Drashti now the Bollywood performance scored a 29, but the point deduction by Remo Desouza he said he leg was crooked in the lifts I've watched the performance many times and her leg was not crooked it deserved 30 marks that performance her following week she did Afrobeats contemporary etc the routine was a bit boring but it scored 30, so to me after reflection what had happened the previous week maybe and also the fact she fell when she was practicing that performance Afrobeats one, they felt she's putting a lot of effort and we are being too picky, so you see the judging is subjective but there is nothing that can be done about it, human beings are making the decisions on what score to give. So perhaps we should just drop it rigged or not and just enjoy the performances each week and because the eventual winner is going to be 50% scores by the judges and 50% votes by the public we should just be assured the right winner will win, after all I'm sure the judges are not going to get involved in the final too much and leave it to the audience to decide, what I mean by that is they will give the finalists equal scores and let the public vote make which of the two a winner. So it's going to be fair as possible.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

lavanya92DiehardYMfanAngeloScuroSayanoraVViegasjyoti06Drashtifan4ever

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 23 August 2013 at 8:43am | IP Logged

yes anu thats what I said too.. keep aside  Lauren and rest are not great dancers...all have some weakness be it shaan,DD,kids,mukti etc etc..moreover i still do not understand when salman,punit and lauren were from same movie..they were leads in the same movie..how fair is it to have two as choreographers and one as contestant...so lets just say imbalance is everywhere in this show..be it the participants or judging...

and JDJ is dancing with celebs...so that implies not only dance but popularity also matters in deciding the final winner...if its intention was to be made for purely as dance show..they can do it like DID...but here the game changes coz celebs are involved ..so just like when we say lauren is the deserving winner coz she is the best dancer of the  lot likewise DD is deserving too coz amongst all the contestants left she is popular and huge fan base..am not saying show is not rigged..but what i mean is lauren or DD is deserving in one way or the other..one may be in the form of Dance and other in terms of popularity...

Lauren at this point is technically a celebrity too since she acted in a  movie...so she also fits the bill for "Dancing with the STARS"...

I understand the difference in criteria b/w this show and DID...I'm not even expecting DID level dancing from the deserving winner of the show...but frankly I've found most of DD-Salman's acts to be even lacking basic cohesive flow so I'm not sure if they even fit the average dance criteria levels of this show.

My point is that this show is a popularity/likeability contest completely by this point...I don't have anything against DD...she's a nice girl...but I don't watch this show for who I find the nicest...I want to see some SOLID dance from the contestant I want to root for...and that is only Lauren at this point...she dances from her SOUL...a quality generally lacking in the other contestants.

AngeloScurojyoti06nneeiill

nneeiill

IF-Sizzlerz

nneeiill

Posted: 23 August 2013 at 9:07am | IP Logged
@anu : am not saying lauren is not celeb..what i meant is if she is also celeb so is salman n puneet...

so we have a team comprised of two celebs :)

anyways...lauren and DD both are my fav candidates to win..so am fine with either of them coz i sincerely feel they both are deserving in one way or the other. if shaan wins..that also wont surprise me...

and yes salman DD acts were not top notch all the time but if u compare it other participants excluding lauren then they dont fall far behind either..

what i particularly disliked about this season is judges...

AngeloScurojyoti06AreYaar

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 23 August 2013 at 9:14am | IP Logged

@anu : am not saying lauren is not celeb..what i meant is if she is also celeb so is salman n puneet...

so we have a team comprised of two celebs :)

anyways...lauren and DD both are my fav candidates to win..so am fine with either of them coz i sincerely feel they both are deserving in one way or the other. if shaan wins..that also wont surprise me...

and yes salman DD acts were not top notch all the time but if u compare it other participants excluding lauren then they dont fall far behind either..

what i particularly disliked about this season is judges...

Punit and Salman were already choreographers on JDJ before they did ABCD...so it's a grey area in that sense...they chose to be choreos rather than contestants...maybe cuz they've already participated in a show like DID and been finalists/winners.

Lauren on the other hand did the movie in India first before appearing on an Indian reality show...

I'm not saying that I don't see why ppl will pick on the fact that she's a trained dancer far more accomplished than many of the choreographers as well...but I have great respect for her cuz she hasn't just stuck to her strengths of contemporary and hip-hop and has shown a TREMENDOUS amount of variety unlike previous "foreign" contestants like Yana or even Isha who only stuck to one type of dancing over and over again thanks to Salman's unidimensional choreography.

I would have to disagree...I don't find Lauren and DD equally deserving...I do feel though that DD would have done far better on this show if she'd had a better choreographer and wasn't doing a daily soap side by side...she never really realized her potential in this show...at this point people are only voting for her cuz they find her so beautiful and bubbly.  But this isn't a beauty contest to me.

Anyways, history shows that people are better off NOT winning this show...Sushant is an excellent example of thisLOLLOL

Anyways, yes different criteria for different people is about the sum of this as you said. The rigging is a part of that cuz the channel too has it's own criteria of a "deserving" winnerLOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

AngeloScurojyoti06nneeiill-Sradha-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top