Jhalak Dikhhlaa Jaa Season 6

Is the show really rigged or is it just in our mind (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 13

Baingan

IF-Stunnerz

Baingan

Posted: 22 August 2013 at 6:41pm | IP Logged
In face off , it goes to judges favour.

Last yr. rithwik danced  better than GC  and GC won.

All the reallity shows r rigged and channel deccides the winner.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

jyoti06sscomp32Drashtifan4ever

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is the show really rigged or is it just in our mind (Page 6)" in Jhalak Dikhhlaa Jaa Season 6 forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

kaushikbasu

IF-Rockerz

kaushikbasu

Posted: 22 August 2013 at 8:54pm | IP Logged
I don not think they rig through votes. Two main reasons first if they keep a person getting less vote to they are missing out on the revenue generated both by viewership and votes. Second as told earlier the votes are audited.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

kirti0712kgphalDiehardYMfanjyoti06sscomp32-Dhoop-

kaushikbasu

IF-Rockerz

kaushikbasu

Posted: 22 August 2013 at 8:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ubiquitos

I think they started the face-offs to rule out allegations of bad dancers staying in the competition and good dancers getting eliminated due to less votes, to make it look like more dance oriented...
I understand that, but you cannot have it that way unless you have similar level of dancer. Like in cases of say an Indian idol or DID you can do that as all are at almost similar level, but in this type of competition, even a totally off day of Lauren she would be far better than the best of most

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

kirti0712kgphaljyoti06sscomp32

kirti0712

kirti0712

Posted: 22 August 2013 at 9:04pm | IP Logged
I dont think show is rigged,but they try manipulating audience,extra promotion,exra coverage of their favorite,and marks too I feel ,its in the judges hands,feel they give extra marks sometimes,n sometimes less than one deserve,as know their fans will vote crazily to make their favorite stay,n this means extra revenue,but in the end they have to give in to contestant whos getting maximum votes,how much they prefer someone else.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

kgphalCOLOGYjyoti06sscomp32-Dhoop-

ruchisahay

ruchisahay

Posted: 22 August 2013 at 9:15pm | IP Logged
@jyoti18, Great post!!!

I too usually refrain from posting anything here as I don't want to get involved in fan fights (considering I am not too much of a fan of anyone). I like Shaan though - maybe because he is the only one I am really familiar with.

Let's say the show is not at all rigged and one of us can decide the winner. Who would that be?

- Somebody like Lauren who can really dance and dance extremely well. If that's the case, there's no need to have any competition. We can just hand over the trophy to her as in this lifetime, none of the other competitors can reach her level.

- Someone who shows the maximum growth - well that has to be someone like Shaan / Sid, the complete non-dancers because at whatever level they perform, it's going to be a huge improvement over the zero level they started from.

- Someone who entertains us more - that would then become extremely personal and there won't be any consensus possible as everybody's idea of entertainment is different. For some, watching their favorite TV star (DD) giving above average performances with great expressions is great entertainment, for some others it has to be Lauren's perfection, some find Sana's energy highly electrifying and then there are non dancers - it is hugely entertaining to me to watch some non dancers trying to do something weird on the floor (Srikanth / Sid)

- And of course there is popularity. How do you define the most popular? In sheer numbers (exposure, recognition), none of the contestents can come even remotely close to Shaan's  popularity. Or one with max number of crazy fans (DD) whose number of fans is much smaller but they are totally in love with her (unlike Shaan's fans who might not care beyond buying his albums).

So, there are a number of criteria on basis of which winner can be decided and it's hard to come up with a winner that would please all. So, in the end, show would seem rigged to some who don't agree with the chosen criteria.

But the show does appear unfair because of few obvious reasons
1. Encouragement to regional voting - by trying to encash on regional (or professional) fan base, channel / show kind of miffs the other voters who feel it's an unfair advantage to some contestants. I remember while watching Indian Idol season 3, I used to be irritated as the final winner kept getting huge number of votes (both because of his regional appeal and his police background). But then, that's not rigging and not really unfair (as the show winner is to be decided on basis of votes).

2. Unfair promotion to the other shows airing on the channel. This one makes sense from professional point of view but it does give a lot of extra exposure / promotion to stars like DD / Sid who are starring in channel's shows.

3. Unfair judgement - Judges are humans too (and can make genuine errors) and they might or might not have the directive to support some contestants over others. They also would be biased to contestants they are emotionally or professionally attached to (like Salman / Lauren / Puneet for Remo, maybe Shaan for Madhuri), they would be biased to the kind of performances they like (sensuous dancing for KJo Big smile) or biased against someone who rubs them the wrong way (Mukti for Remo). To viewers, that too would seem like rigging.

Anyways, I don't think the channel would really cheat blatantly but they would try to support contestants who can help their cause by promotion to their other shows, getting more votes, making this show more popular (through choosing a widely appealing winner).

Edited by ruchisahay - 22 August 2013 at 9:16pm

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

kirti0712kgphalDiehardYMfanCOLOGYAngeloScurojyoti06sscomp32manzilmukul-Dhoop-Roshini1494

kgphal

Groupbie

kgphal

Posted: 22 August 2013 at 9:46pm | IP Logged
Gags great post. 

My understanding of reality shows is not that great but I do remember one season of Indian Idol where a guy named Karunya from Hyderabad though he was always appreciated more by judges and a better singer lost out to a person from Rajasthan just as he got more votes not that he was a bad singer but that season Karunya was the best. Next season however another Hyd lad Sriram performed too well and this time even the Telugu audience voted for him like hell and then he won . 
I remember many winning becoz of the regional voting and frankly becoz they deserved it the regional junta wanted to support their favourite have nothing against it.
Would also say unless a contestant is gud gives decent gud performances shows improvement in his performances scores good scores even with plain votes he would never win. And for elimination I guess the average of all performances from first to the most recent ones are taken as basis not only the recent scores . This is my perception having observed a few reality shows. 

JDJ5 was my most favourite season never saw previous ones with much interest. I watched it more becoz I had few of my favourite TV stars in it And i was absolutely impressed by Sushant and for me hes been the best performer till date in these three seasons in terms of dance, concepts, acting and what all criteria but still he ended up as runner up but I never held a grudge against Chang as he deserved it too as being a nondancer he gave good performances and also had the support of his audience. 

JDJ6 Gurmeet also had some regional support against popular perception that only online fan audience helped in his win . 

About judges I guess their ideas on seeing people dances is different and they would definitely have it in their minds about a contestant being a trained dancer or untrained and score them accordingly. After all judges are human too and sometimes objectivity may take a back seat. 

And my general observation has been even me included as I have my favourites too-
  if a win score favours our favorite its not rigged else its rigged we all are hypocritical on that front but as per my observations for whatever reasons more popular, more TRPs,own Beta Beti, Business concerns etc Channels do promote certaun Celebs more.

As long as judges are gud towards my favourite they are the most objective gud judges the day they go against my favourites say something negative give suggestions they are most biased and hated judges as they ridiculed my favourite. 

And yes if the votes are being audited as mentioned then I guess voting patterns wud be taken correctly and as Jyo said scripts may change if voting patterns are drastically favouring a particular contestant but he or she needs to be a gud contestant too on the show having scored gud scores and given gud performances. 

Edited by kgphal - 22 August 2013 at 9:51pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

kirti0712COLOGYDiehardYMfanAngeloScurojyoti06sscomp32manzilmukul-Dhoop-

nneeiill

IF-Sizzlerz

nneeiill

Posted: 22 August 2013 at 10:40pm | IP Logged
well the show looks rigged to me ..in what way that am not sure..but i feel channel has a big role in deciding who the winner would be...but that comes into play at much later stage only

there is inconsistency if you see the list of past winners..thats coz lets not forget earlier it was SOny and now its colors..so both channels were doing what benefiited them...

deserving winner  dance wise is lauren...but i dont think she has huge bank vote...BIG MINUS
rest be it DD,shaan or kids...they all can be put under similar bracket..

DD or shaan have chances of more votes...

so eventually... DD,Lauren and Shaan look to me as potential winners...

and i totally disagree with members who say DD is a non performer..like really???? come on itna bhura bhi nahi naachti yaaro...so lets just say...barring kids rest all three would be deserving candidates overall (dance + votes) ...and its a fair deal ..is it not ????

so the question of channel being rigged does not really matter in the end LOL

Edited by nneeiill - 22 August 2013 at 10:45pm

stressreliefAngeloScurojyoti06sscomp32manzilmukul-Dhoop-

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 23 August 2013 at 7:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nneeiill

and i totally disagree with members who say DD is a non performer..like really???? come on itna bhura bhi nahi naachti yaaro...so lets just say...barring kids rest all three would be deserving candidates overall (dance + votes) ...and its a fair deal ..is it not ????

so the question of channel being rigged does not really matter in the end LOL

DD isn't a non-performer...she can dance...but thanks to the time restrictions that she's juggling, her and choreographer don't have much time to polish or bring flow to their acts so many times the fumbles are GLARINGLY obvious.

Shan is deffo not going to win...DD's ginormous fanbase is going to sweep everyone out of the way...I don't even have a doubt about thatLOL...and poor Lauren despite being the best dancer this year and having shown the most growth in terms of challenging herself as a dancer is not going to win either.

Colors has set up the script quite well...Salman has been waiting and waiting to win since so many years...finally he's been blessed with a contestant with the biggest fanbase that will vote her to the finish line...lol...and then ofcourse there is the fact that DD is Colors's poster child right now...is shown to be working so hard juggling two shows...and she isn't exactly the worst of dancers either...she can atleast dance...so she won't exactly be the worst of winnersLOL

As long as all expectations of a truly deserving winner are thrown out the window, everyone can enjoy this show just fineLOL

DiehardYMfanAngeloScurojyoti06Drashtifan4evernneeiill-Dhoop-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top