Jhalak Dikhhlaa Jaa Season 6

Is the show really rigged or is it just in our mind (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 13

SayNO2Fur.

IF-Rockerz

SayNO2Fur.

Posted: 22 August 2013 at 7:24am | IP Logged
A deserving winner is scaled differently by each individual. For some it's the one's that progress the most from the start to the end, for some it's consistency and for other's it's something else. & Since we have such diverse range of opinion - the show is bound to be called rigged as it can't cater for everyone.

I do believe that's somewhat true, simply because of the predictable exits each week on the basis of color's and judges preferences. But, that's no biggie - I watch it for entertainment, and as long as that stays steady, I'm not too fussed about how they go on about choosing a winner.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

stressreliefDiehardYMfanjyoti06

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is the show really rigged or is it just in our mind (Page 3)" in Jhalak Dikhhlaa Jaa Season 6 forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

jyoti06

Channel Moderator

jyoti06

Posted: 22 August 2013 at 7:29am | IP Logged
Thanks everyone for the repiles , really appreciate Big smile

I do see lots of assumptions in most of the replies when the fact remains noone really knows the internal politics that Colors might play out .. Its more of assumptions that if our favourite wins then its fair , if our non-favourite wins then its rigged , if a general contestent wins then colors did it to save their own reputation ... I dont see any facts presented while  making these assumptions Ermm

I do agree that channel does play its game and lots of things r fishy since they never give out the actual numbers of votes a contestent receives .. its also true that a script is prepared for judges since some week they distribute 30s like sweets LOL and some week I see suddenly everyone is scored too less Ouch ...

But the point remains what is the actual politics behind these reality shows .. if its just for revenues and the most popular contestent is suppose to win , then how can likes of Baichan bhutia or Chang win it over KSG or Sushant (To b honest baichang bhutia is a national hero and popular internationally too but I m here only talking of the popularity in terms of crazy voting that fans do overnight )   ... Just now Minnie said people voted crazily for Baichang bhutia and so he won .. so that means show is not rigged and one who gets max votes only win .. right ?  Confused .. So then the criteria is still to vote crazily for the person u want to win and they will win it .. so then why people shout its rigged  when I see members themselves admitting that one getting more votes will win the race in the end Ermm .. Coming to other side of the coin , that votes dont matter but Colors decide their own winner as per script , in this case I m sure Colors will make someone who is not part of channel win it like say Shaan or Lauren or the kids Ermm.. Will all still say its rigged then or b happy about it ,..

Now based on my reality show experience I can say one thing , channel do write a script but if a candidate gets record votes then no script works and channel is forced to make that person win .. I hv myself experienced it ages back when I voted crazily all day all night for one guy called Qazi toukeer of Fame gurukul fame as I used to b crazy for him and in the end he did win it despite being the most pathetic singer out of the lot LOLLOL ... Today I feel like a fool when I listen to someone like Arijit singing and I wish he had won fame gurukul then .. even channel had backed Arijit to win  .. but sighhh votes made the difference  and Qazi won it... So what I want to say from my post is votes do matter and can change scripts prepared by the channel  Smile

Edited by jyoti06 - 22 August 2013 at 7:31am

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

kirti0712vinillagelatobabygurl10mansi.tripathisqrlyArianaGrandeAnoshka-the-Gem_Darling_AngeloScuroDillikudisscomp32

jyoti06

Channel Moderator

jyoti06

Posted: 22 August 2013 at 7:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ChiefJustice00

Originally posted by TheRowdiest

GC fans will be so happy if DD will not win hehehWink if she will win then it will be fixed for them if not then it be rigged and reason will be she is not popular enoughWinkLOL 

@bold: From where this came from ??ShockedLOL

It might hv come from the fact that I m a GC fan and mayb Minnie thought I have a purpose making this post which is not really the case LOL .. I m only doing a research on all sort of reality shows and its voting pattern since yrs back I myself voted crazily for a contestent in fame gurukul and that was my last madness I did LOL .. from then onwards I never voted in any reality show but I do hv slight idea of how votes can change channel scripts ..  ..

And this is the problem with most members out here ..; moment anyone makes a neutral post , its a tendency to jump on that member or b sarcastic depending on whose fan that member is .. I just hope this topic dont turn into the same tu tu mein mein one and people stick to the topic and try to find out what is the exact script of the channel or whether this voting really helps in the end or not because when I voted crazily I was only 18 yrs old and so I do see from where all the voting madness comes from  Embarrassed

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

kirti0712ChiefJustice00mansi.tripathibabygurl10angakeyamunah79ArianaGrandeDillikudiAngeloScurosscomp32shalini28pickachu-Dhoop-

Zairean

IF-Dazzler

Zairean

Posted: 22 August 2013 at 7:54am | IP Logged

Bhaichung n chang won bcz east states r known for voting like crazy for their favs ... and bhachung is a football player , popular overall india ...shaan is also frm that area . 

Bold- ROFLROFL Is that even a logic? 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sscomp32

LoveRafa

IF-Dazzler

LoveRafa

Posted: 22 August 2013 at 8:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Zairean

Bhaichung n chang won bcz east states r known for voting like crazy for their favs ... and bhachung is a football player , popular overall india ...shaan is also frm that area . 

Bold- ROFLROFL Is that even a logic

Recollect, When did you last see, FANs using that Wink

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Kanchhi_-DhinChak-No2Pencilsscomp32-Dhoop-

kaushikbasu

IF-Rockerz

kaushikbasu

Posted: 22 August 2013 at 8:37am | IP Logged
As I had written somewhere I know for a fact that since 2008 an audit is mandatory for the votes they receive at least from SMS or any form where money is involved. Else they can be booked under section 420 and I forgot the section of malpractice. Which means fraudulent and malpractice.

With international brands and channels being both accountable I guess they must have that in place. Not sure if that is mandated for online votes as well.

Scripts are always played out and some contestants are always promoted. That to some might be partial rigging or manipulation but that always happens and bound to happen. A major rigging though can happen if the judges start to do biased marking as 50% weight is of marks.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

ChiefJustice00-DhinChak-No2PencilDiehardYMfanAngeloScuroANNMT.jyoti06leverne-Dhoop-

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 22 August 2013 at 8:45am | IP Logged
I think the show is definitely rigged to some extent...more so in recent years...

However it's important to keep in mind the first rule of reality TV...revenue...which comes from fans voting for their favorites regardless of whether the contestant dances much or not...in season 1, Mona won cuz her popularity as a daily soap actress at that time outdid that of Shveta's...and that was the first season where people identified more with the underdog who showed improvement over the course of a season...which Mona did show I feel.

Season 2...similar thing happened with Sandhya and Prachi...Prachi was at the height of her popularity as Bani at that time...Sandhya didn't stand a chance in front of that no matter how much of a better dancer she was.

Season 3...lol the most horrible season on Sony...that was the first time the game changed a bit...for the top 3 included not just TV actors...but a national sports star...so I don't think it's unbelievable that Bhaichung got more votes in the finale cuz a) he showed markedly more improvement than KSG and b) His sizeable fan-following was underestimated by people crying foul...Ofcourse the most hilarious thing is that Gauhar wasn't even in the running by that point despite being a better dancer than both the guys...lol...basic rules...popularity wins in general.

Season 4...this was the most obviously rigged one in my opinion...lol...Sushant's popularity was at it's peak at that time and he was the first contestant in four seasons to be SO talented and showed growth in his dancing throughout the season as well along with being popular and getting the votes...but ofcourse Chang did well too...but I find it hard to believe he can get more votes than Sushant...maybe the whole "People in the East" vote like crazy does have some weight to it...I've seen it happen in the past in SRGMP seasons too when some Bengali or other East Indian contestants get a heavy number of votes cuz ppl there will vote for their region contestant blindly.  Yana didn't stand a chance there anyways.

Season 5...the shift to Colors...and the politics becomes murkier...lol...the general standard of the show nosedived despite glitzier production values...Remo basically bringing his entire set of chelas on board as choreographers...even clowns like Sanam Johar who can't choreograph to save their lives...then choreos being changed mid-way...creativity going down and down...repetitive choreographies etc. etc.

And now there's season 6...lol it's obvious who's going to win...I'm not going to say it here for the obviously inevitable fights it leads to...Let's just say that this is a popularity contest at the end of the day...whichever contestant pleases both the channel as well as has a dedicated enough fanbase which will vote for them blindly, will win.

If this was about dancing, the history of the show would have been different...the good dancers are kept till the finals so that atleast ppl will have some substance to watch over the course of the show...but the winners are predictable every season...the average dancer who showed "improvement" and worked so hard despite having other shows to work on...they have the votes and the sympathy...so end of story...lol

Creativity, Talent, true dancing ability...these qualities die a slow and steady death on every season of JDJ...lol

This show is now just about bringing in popular TV actors and earning revenue from the fanbase that will vote for them insanely and make them win...dancing is a byproduct if that at all...lol

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

kirti0712handlessthakurChiefJustice00manjusha7-DhinChak-fastforwardDiehardYMfanAngeloScurojyoti06nikitagmcsscomp32manzilmukul-Dhoop-

-DhinChak-

Goldie

-DhinChak-

Posted: 22 August 2013 at 9:17am | IP Logged
@Voting: I feel that the smses do get counted otherwise anyone could have filed a case against the channel...but online voting..mmm m sorry...I do not think so...Big smile

@Over-promotion: some people are over-promoted and no one can deny it...Big smile

@Unfair scoring: That too happens so very frequently- some people are overscored, some are underscored. And some are overscored at some times n underscored at other...LOL The only contestant I have felt who has been mostly given his deserved score is Shaan- the reason is obvious- he is not the judges favorite to get overscored and is too big a Star to be underscored...LOL

All of these in varying proportions come out as "rigging", but I feel that unfair scoring is the worst of 'em all...Big smile

Who will win this season: chances are DD>>>>>>>>>Shaan..others sadly, although are better dancers than these two, hold no chance in the equation...Ouch

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

kirti0712ChiefJustice00No2PencilfastforwardAngeloScurojyoti06sscomp32-Dhoop-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top