Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

EXOL thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: AreYaar

DD isn't a non-performer...she can dance...but thanks to the time restrictions that she's juggling, her and choreographer don't have much time to polish or bring flow to their acts so many times the fumbles are GLARINGLY obvious.

Shan is deffo not going to win...DD's ginormous fanbase is going to sweep everyone out of the way...I don't even have a doubt about that๐Ÿ˜†...and poor Lauren despite being the best dancer this year and having shown the most growth in terms of challenging herself as a dancer is not going to win either.

Colors has set up the script quite well...Salman has been waiting and waiting to win since so many years...finally he's been blessed with a contestant with the biggest fanbase that will vote her to the finish line...lol...and then ofcourse there is the fact that DD is Colors's poster child right now...is shown to be working so hard juggling two shows...and she isn't exactly the worst of dancers either...she can atleast dance...so she won't exactly be the worst of winners๐Ÿ˜†

As long as all expectations of a truly deserving winner are thrown out the window, everyone can enjoy this show just fine๐Ÿ˜†

yes anu thats what I said too.. keep aside  Lauren and rest are not great dancers...all have some weakness be it shaan,DD,kids,mukti etc etc..moreover i still do not understand when salman,punit and lauren were from same movie..they were leads in the same movie..how fair is it to have two as choreographers and one as contestant...so lets just say imbalance is everywhere in this show..be it the participants or judging...

and JDJ is dancing with celebs...so that implies not only dance but popularity also matters in deciding the final winner...if its intention was to be made for purely as dance show..they can do it like DID...but here the game changes coz celebs are involved ..so just like when we say lauren is the deserving winner coz she is the best dancer of the  lot likewise DD is deserving too coz amongst all the contestants left she is popular and huge fan base..am not saying show is not rigged..but what i mean is lauren or DD is deserving in one way or the other..one may be in the form of Dance and other in terms of popularity...

Edited by nneeiill - 10 years ago
ArianaGrande thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I can't comment on the show is rigged or not but I agree that show is scripted specially the fillers but the Manish-Kapil fillers are hilarious and worth a watch for comedy but I think Colors should prepare a proper script as the next show is Comedy Nights which gives viewers a bundle of comedy dose.

Last years winner Gurmeet won because of his fan base according to me.I have nothing against Gurmeet or his fans but actually I think Gurmeet deserved to win and this year I hope a TV star wins again.

I can't comment on the inner logic of regional voting and all as I am first time voting for a reality show (only one contestant)

Currently for me Drashti is more hard working (Juggling between two shows isn't easy as we can see stars with one show only complaining)

Only I would like to give Colors TV one suggestion to bring a fresh judging panel and improve the editing of the show.

Viegas 
-Nafisa- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
The concept of the show is different from the UK version which I've watched off and on over the years, the Jhalak makers took the rights from BBC as it's their concept but how the Jhalak people are doing it is not correct. They are taking people as contestants (the celebrity) which are already dancers, this year Sonali and Sumant both dancers, Mukti and her partner both dancers, Lauren and Puneet also both dancers, in the UK version that does not happen, in the US version who also bought the rights to produce their version it's been happening too both celebrity and choreographer are dancers in some of the cases which gives them an edge over the other contestants, therefore I feel the rules in this area should be changed the BBC should tighten up on the US and India to tell them to take celebrities that are not dancers into the competition as contestants.

After that they comes to what you asked is the show rigged as in the makers Colors TV have decided who the winner is going to be, No it's not rigged for the eventual winner, but some anomalies are taking place (things that should not happen for it to be a fair competition), So just to be clear here the eventual winner is not a rigged winner, last year's winner Gurmeet Chaudhury beat Rashmi Desai (a Colors actress) to the win, she was the better dancer Colors could have made her winner, but that would not be fair to all those that voted for Gurmeet to win, the scores from the judges and the audience numbers when added up made Gurmeet the winner. So though the judges voted Rashmi higher because of her dancing ability the votes from the public were less for Rashmi so she came second. 

Saying all that I have said the judging in the competition week by week is questionable, the judges even if the difficulty level is low for Lauren they go out and say wow extremely over the top comments for routines where they were all in white (afterlife dance and the adam and eve performances) and also the one where they were in orange and red (this performance only had emotion and not many steps the routine was less difficulty), routines had very little difficulty, Lauren and Punit only held out their hands to each other the whole routine but only the emotion alone scored them high scores whilst others can put the same emotion but score low marks, the others have to do both emotion as well as high difficulty level, with lots of wow factor to score the high scores, whilst Lauren I've seen three routines where the difficulty level was low but only emotion (expressions) alone scored them highly, so I've criticised three of her performances. But out of the Independence day performances, her routine on Gandhi was the best performance, so what I want to see for fair judging is the scores to reflect what I'm seeing, they should show her going up and down too, that means the performance in orange and red should have scored a 25 maybe, after life performance 25 again to make them think okay lets come up with a more difficult routine and wow the audience, because the 30 30 30 each week is not reflecting what I'm seeing in her performance the routines are not hard enough to score the full 30 marks. Going to Drashti now the Bollywood performance scored a 29, but the point deduction by Remo Desouza he said he leg was crooked in the lifts I've watched the performance many times and her leg was not crooked it deserved 30 marks that performance her following week she did Afrobeats contemporary etc the routine was a bit boring but it scored 30, so to me after reflection what had happened the previous week maybe and also the fact she fell when she was practicing that performance Afrobeats one, they felt she's putting a lot of effort and we are being too picky, so you see the judging is subjective but there is nothing that can be done about it, human beings are making the decisions on what score to give. So perhaps we should just drop it rigged or not and just enjoy the performances each week and because the eventual winner is going to be 50% scores by the judges and 50% votes by the public we should just be assured the right winner will win, after all I'm sure the judges are not going to get involved in the final too much and leave it to the audience to decide, what I mean by that is they will give the finalists equal scores and let the public vote make which of the two a winner. So it's going to be fair as possible.
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: nneeiill

yes anu thats what I said too.. keep aside  Lauren and rest are not great dancers...all have some weakness be it shaan,DD,kids,mukti etc etc..moreover i still do not understand when salman,punit and lauren were from same movie..they were leads in the same movie..how fair is it to have two as choreographers and one as contestant...so lets just say imbalance is everywhere in this show..be it the participants or judging...

and JDJ is dancing with celebs...so that implies not only dance but popularity also matters in deciding the final winner...if its intention was to be made for purely as dance show..they can do it like DID...but here the game changes coz celebs are involved ..so just like when we say lauren is the deserving winner coz she is the best dancer of the  lot likewise DD is deserving too coz amongst all the contestants left she is popular and huge fan base..am not saying show is not rigged..but what i mean is lauren or DD is deserving in one way or the other..one may be in the form of Dance and other in terms of popularity...

Lauren at this point is technically a celebrity too since she acted in a  movie...so she also fits the bill for "Dancing with the STARS"...

I understand the difference in criteria b/w this show and DID...I'm not even expecting DID level dancing from the deserving winner of the show...but frankly I've found most of DD-Salman's acts to be even lacking basic cohesive flow so I'm not sure if they even fit the average dance criteria levels of this show.

My point is that this show is a popularity/likeability contest completely by this point...I don't have anything against DD...she's a nice girl...but I don't watch this show for who I find the nicest...I want to see some SOLID dance from the contestant I want to root for...and that is only Lauren at this point...she dances from her SOUL...a quality generally lacking in the other contestants.
EXOL thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 7
@anu : am not saying lauren is not celeb..what i meant is if she is also celeb so is salman n puneet...

so we have a team comprised of two celebs :)

anyways...lauren and DD both are my fav candidates to win..so am fine with either of them coz i sincerely feel they both are deserving in one way or the other. if shaan wins..that also wont surprise me...

and yes salman DD acts were not top notch all the time but if u compare it other participants excluding lauren then they dont fall far behind either..

what i particularly disliked about this season is judges...

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: nneeiill

@anu : am not saying lauren is not celeb..what i meant is if she is also celeb so is salman n puneet...

so we have a team comprised of two celebs :)

anyways...lauren and DD both are my fav candidates to win..so am fine with either of them coz i sincerely feel they both are deserving in one way or the other. if shaan wins..that also wont surprise me...

and yes salman DD acts were not top notch all the time but if u compare it other participants excluding lauren then they dont fall far behind either..

what i particularly disliked about this season is judges...

Punit and Salman were already choreographers on JDJ before they did ABCD...so it's a grey area in that sense...they chose to be choreos rather than contestants...maybe cuz they've already participated in a show like DID and been finalists/winners.

Lauren on the other hand did the movie in India first before appearing on an Indian reality show...

I'm not saying that I don't see why ppl will pick on the fact that she's a trained dancer far more accomplished than many of the choreographers as well...but I have great respect for her cuz she hasn't just stuck to her strengths of contemporary and hip-hop and has shown a TREMENDOUS amount of variety unlike previous "foreign" contestants like Yana or even Isha who only stuck to one type of dancing over and over again thanks to Salman's unidimensional choreography.

I would have to disagree...I don't find Lauren and DD equally deserving...I do feel though that DD would have done far better on this show if she'd had a better choreographer and wasn't doing a daily soap side by side...she never really realized her potential in this show...at this point people are only voting for her cuz they find her so beautiful and bubbly.  But this isn't a beauty contest to me.

Anyways, history shows that people are better off NOT winning this show...Sushant is an excellent example of this๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

Anyways, yes different criteria for different people is about the sum of this as you said. The rigging is a part of that cuz the channel too has it's own criteria of a "deserving" winner๐Ÿ˜†
spirit thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I don't know about it being rigged but its definitely scripted big time. Possibly rigged too, who knows how these voting this actually works!? It makes sense since this is all about business otherwise you wudnt hv a "celebrity" with a huge no make that freaking.humongous.IFliciously ๐Ÿ˜›big fan base participating every year!! It's a bonus if that celebrity can dance. 

But hey, as long as its entertaining and that the most deserving three get to the top, then it shouldn't matter who wins, cause all of them would be good. 

More than rigged or scripted, I get put off by the nonstop focus on MD!!What it annoys no one here? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜†

lavanya92 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
[QUOTE
Saying all that I have said the judging in the competition week by week is questionable, the judges even if the difficulty level is low for Lauren they go out and say wow extremely over the top comments for routines where they were all in white (afterlife dance and the adam and eve performances) and also the one where they were in orange and red (this performance only had emotion and not many steps the routine was less difficulty), routines had very little difficulty, Lauren and Punit only held out their hands to each other the whole routine but only the emotion alone scored them high scores whilst others can put the same emotion but score low marks, the others have to do both emotion as well as high difficulty level, with lots of wow factor to score the high scores, whilst Lauren I've seen three routines where the difficulty level was low but only emotion (expressions) alone scored them highly, so I've criticised three of her performances. But out of the Independence day performances, her routine on Gandhi was the best performance, so what I want to see for fair judging is the scores to reflect what I'm seeing, they should show her going up and down too, that means the performance in orange and red should have scored a 25 maybe, after life performance 25 again to make them think okay lets come up with a more difficult routine and wow the audience, because the 30 30 30 each week is not reflecting what I'm seeing in her performance the routines are not hard enough to score the full 30 marks. Going to Drashti now the Bollywood performance scored a 29, but the point deduction by Remo Desouza he said he leg was crooked in the lifts I've watched the performance many times and her leg was not crooked it deserved 30 marks that performance her following week she did Afrobeats contemporary etc the routine was a bit boring but it scored 30, so to me after reflection what had happened the previous week maybe and also the fact she fell when she was practicing that performance Afrobeats one, they felt she's putting a lot of effort and we are being too picky, so you see the judging is subjective but there is nothing that can be done about it, human beings are making the decisions on what score to give. So perhaps we should just drop it rigged or not and just enjoy the performances each week and because the eventual winner is going to be 50% scores by the judges and 50% votes by the public we should just be assured the right winner will win, after all I'm sure the judges are not going to get involved in the final too much and leave it to the audience to decide, what I mean by that is they will give the finalists equal scores and let the public vote make which of the two a winner. So it's going to be fair as possible.
[/QUOTE] Nafs agree with u , some of the acts were copied from previous acts of JDJ or DID much even then judges were gaga over stood up & said they have never seen it & script  was definitely dumb & madhuri faking fear during ghost act was scripted seemed to so fake & boring. Salman-drashti,mirisha-shaan ,tushar-sana,sidharth -mukti,KVB-sneha,mohena-sid all the choreographers 80%did dance on their own story  except once or twice & acts worked on choreography  though knowing time is less & choreography doing a new act take time & cannot score full if practice is less but then they experimented But the choreographer jodi inspired or taken concepts from other reality shows or previous JDJ & saved the time & scored 30 & four time did her best foot contemporary ,how fair is that. Remo would catchhold of smallest mistakes in other contestants dance whose choreographers tried to do something new & present in a good dance form .how he can ignore biggest flaw in puneet's creativity of taking concepts directly. still remo gives a standing ovation to a dance which no common viewer understood they were just emoting , no steps ,no wow factor, my parents couldn't understand Y remo gave standing ovation where there was no dance.  But shaan mulkamb dance had wow factor he shd have given more scores for trying unusual .I think it way not rigged but scripted loosely . viewers are watching all reality shows now,today promo was coming about mimicking judges in teen ka tadka in the upcoming episode  with dance same concept punith stole from DID where one contestant with two old DID contestant mimicked geeta,terrence  . then for that he will again score 30.so other choreographers are fools to wrk  on choreography create their own act leaving the issue of marks i guess.  Edited by lavanya92 - 10 years ago
DJ6 Gurmeet also had some regional support against popular perception that only online fan audience helped in his win . 

if i m not wrong he was not promoted as bihari , he was promoted as actor from telly indrustry , there was no news in media about he is getting  regional votses , this is just a online article  same like  that drasti is in top 50 beauty , something like that ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

n bihari  hardly regional base  pe vots karte hain , vo toh vots hi nhi karte , that city is more in politics , same as UP  , they also hardly votes ...panjaabi , southe , north east  , these r the place where channels gets votes, vo bhi tab when they promote contestent like this " asaam ka king  " " pasnjaab ka sher "

watch singing show , they does this everytime , so here no chance of gc got regional votes , dont know  y  his fans always  try to manipulate  things  with  wrong info ๐Ÿ˜ณ  he was a rigged winner , it was very clear , n it was not first time with color , if shaan   has regional support ( not like this articale ๐Ÿ˜†, i m saying huge true regional support )  like bhai chung n chang   n saaregama contestent  only then he can win 
Edited by ANNMT. - 10 years ago
TheJake thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
To make it absolutely simple .. The show is not rigged as long as they make that one contestant win with whom 80-90 percent of viewers agree that ok that person danced well, got votes and deserved to win.

Rest's all opinions and mind games.