Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Ekta blames SRK for OUATIMD failure (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 15

tina59

IF-Rockerz

tina59

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 7:37pm | IP Logged
Its not about public applaud or rejection. Its about ethics and whether you kept you word.

as per Ekta and the deal she had with the producers of CE, the film would be withdrawn to make way for OUTIM on the promise that the eid holiday would go to CE

ekta and balaji kept their end of the promise but the producers of CE didn't and that's why she is upset.

Its all abt ethics and in that I side with Ekta

yes the movie was rejected by the public and that's a different issue altogether

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

badtameez.chiquita.sunflower52vssarasTani91wat_up

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ekta blames SRK for OUATIMD failure (Page 6)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ibelieveinpink

IF-Stunnerz

ibelieveinpink

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 7:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chocolover89

Originally posted by MocoCoco

Wasn't she the one that kept changing the release dates around?! LOL

Oh well, if it's a good film it'll work no matter how tough the competition, but I guess for some people it's easy to blame others than admit that their work wasn't up to par.
If only people understood that LOL

They got more screens on Friday, but it didn't help since WOM itself was bad...if WOM was good, this lack of screens business wouldn't have mattered and the film would become a hit...not the flop it is now.  CE collected around the same/more as OUATIMD on Saturday & Sunday despite fewer screens in its second weekend means that audience preferred CE over OUATIMD...and that's not something SRK can control...oh but I forgot CE is a blockbuster because SRK bought all the tickets so maybe SRK did some kaala jaadu on audience to not like OUATIMD too ROFL 

CE was a laugh out loud romcom and OUTIM an action gangsta drama and it was the holidays right?! Poor WOM and bad reviews, I mean it all makes sense if Ekta jsut sits from and thinks logically for a sec. LOL

Yeah I heard a lot of BS about SRK post-success of this movie. That rant should be saved for another thread, LOL but I hate how he alway gets targetted, even if it isn't his fault. I still remember when SLB called out Farah and SRK for releasing OSO around the same time as Sawaariya...when clearly Sawaariya was the weaker film. 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-Kruti.S--RaeesRiks-oblivious.MoStLyHaRmLeSsblue-ice....Poojie....

ibelieveinpink

IF-Stunnerz

ibelieveinpink

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 7:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by abby_girl30

What the hell??? Yea make SRK the villain...okie so agreed that OUATIMD didn't get a big opening cz of the lack of screens but she CANNOT blame SRK for the movie being a flop. Even after having 2000 screens the next day it still didnt do well.

Simple answer is that audience and critics did not like the movie hence its a flop

There's A LOT of sour grapes out there (in terms of critics and peers) b/c this is like the first film to gross 100 CRs in 3 days or something right?! Either way, I remember reading a lot of tweets post-trailer saying this movie was a sure thing flop, SRK is done or too old, etc.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

KkkkkingKhanabby_girl30-RaeesRiks-oblivious.MoStLyHaRmLeSs....Poojie....blue-ice

Tani91

IF-Sizzlerz

Tani91

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 7:54pm | IP Logged
I think Ekta like most people expected CE to fail miserably, as many expected it to tank when the trailers came out and then was like "yeah sure go ahead I'll move the dates" and rest was history.

I think boh UTV and Ekta are at fault here, Ekta should have preponed the movie than postponing it, atleast then the film would have gained some business before the CE monster came in and broke every record and as someone else pointed out it was REALLY tacky and distasteful that OUATIMD wasnt given the promised screens on the actual day of release for CEThumbs Down

chocolover89

IF-Sizzlerz

chocolover89

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 8:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by MocoCoco

CE was a laugh out loud romcom and OUTIM an action gangsta drama and it was the holidays right?! Poor WOM and bad reviews, I mean it all makes sense if Ekta jsut sits from and thinks logically for a sec. LOL

Yeah I heard a lot of BS about SRK post-success of this movie. That rant should be saved for another thread, LOL but I hate how he alway gets targetted, even if it isn't his fault. I still remember when SLB called out Farah and SRK for releasing OSO around the same time as Sawaariya...when clearly Sawaariya was the weaker film. 

Yeah but OUATIM is the sequel of a successful and popular film too. It was supposed to be the "classy, content waali film" whereas CE was the low-brow film for the masses. For OUATIM, bad promos from the get go (even the director gave an interview saying the promos weren't connecting with the audience...so just imagine!), terrible casting, blahhh music...bad acting...lackluster promotions/marketing..it always seemed dull...& then reviews + fall with full release just confirmed it. Sure opening day collections could have been higher by 10 crores but that wouldn't make the film a hit..just a lesser flop...the way it trended w/ full release confirmed it. The budget is too high & the film weak.

Haha, SLB blamed SRK-Farah for Saawariya failure too? LOL Oh well..that one was an intense off screen drama. LOL Anyways, like I said...easiest thing..make a bad film, clash with SRK, & then just blame him for the failure but never accept that hey maybe something was wrong with my productLOL Ranbir w/ Besharam is trying a similar tactic...oh the mean bullies aka SRK, Sallu fans are targeting me & won't watch my film. LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Srkfan4ever--Dhoop-....Poojie....blue-ice

wat_up

IF-Stunnerz

wat_up

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 8:19pm | IP Logged
Wow so much debate going on  still!!

Edited by wat_up - 21 August 2013 at 7:15am

MR.KooL

IF-Stunnerz

MR.KooL

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 8:26pm | IP Logged
haan jab film peet rahi hain Box office pe ab saara blame dusro pe daal doo..LOL

-RaeesRiks--Srkfan4ever-MoStLyHaRmLeSsblue-ice

Nkapoor3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 8:50pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Kool Ahmed-Kruti.S-blue-icewat_up

Post Reply New Post

Go to top