Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: abby_girl30

What the hell??? Yea make SRK the villain...okie so agreed that OUATIMD didn't get a big opening cz of the lack of screens but she CANNOT blame SRK for the movie being a flop. Even after having 2000 screens the next day it still didnt do well.

Simple answer is that audience and critics did not like the movie hence its a flop

There's A LOT of sour grapes out there (in terms of critics and peers) b/c this is like the first film to gross 100 CRs in 3 days or something right?! Either way, I remember reading a lot of tweets post-trailer saying this movie was a sure thing flop, SRK is done or too old, etc.
Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I think Ekta like most people expected CE to fail miserably, as many expected it to tank when the trailers came out and then was like "yeah sure go ahead I'll move the dates" and rest was history.

I think boh UTV and Ekta are at fault here, Ekta should have preponed the movie than postponing it, atleast then the film would have gained some business before the CE monster came in and broke every record and as someone else pointed out it was REALLY tacky and distasteful that OUATIMD wasnt given the promised screens on the actual day of release for CEπŸ‘ŽπŸΌ
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: MocoCoco

CE was a laugh out loud romcom and OUTIM an action gangsta drama and it was the holidays right?! Poor WOM and bad reviews, I mean it all makes sense if Ekta jsut sits from and thinks logically for a sec. πŸ˜†

Yeah I heard a lot of BS about SRK post-success of this movie. That rant should be saved for another thread, πŸ˜† but I hate how he alway gets targetted, even if it isn't his fault. I still remember when SLB called out Farah and SRK for releasing OSO around the same time as Sawaariya...when clearly Sawaariya was the weaker film. 

Yeah but OUATIM is the sequel of a successful and popular film too. It was supposed to be the "classy, content waali film" whereas CE was the low-brow film for the masses. For OUATIM, bad promos from the get go (even the director gave an interview saying the promos weren't connecting with the audience...so just imagine!), terrible casting, blahhh music...bad acting...lackluster promotions/marketing..it always seemed dull...& then reviews + fall with full release just confirmed it. Sure opening day collections could have been higher by 10 crores but that wouldn't make the film a hit..just a lesser flop...the way it trended w/ full release confirmed it. The budget is too high & the film weak.

Haha, SLB blamed SRK-Farah for Saawariya failure too? πŸ˜† Oh well..that one was an intense off screen drama. πŸ˜† Anyways, like I said...easiest thing..make a bad film, clash with SRK, & then just blame him for the failure but never accept that hey maybe something was wrong with my productπŸ˜† Ranbir w/ Besharam is trying a similar tactic...oh the mean bullies aka SRK, Sallu fans are targeting me & won't watch my film. πŸ˜†
wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Wow so much debate going on  still!!Edited by wat_up - 10 years ago
MR.KooL thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
haan jab film peet rahi hain Box office pe ab saara blame dusro pe daal doo..πŸ˜†
Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: love_struck

SRK does this every year..last year with Ajay n Now with Ekta..

πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

JTHJ was announced for diwali way before SOS!
wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: MocoCoco

Yeah, but she has done with before too. So it's easy for me to lay some blame on her. Also, Akki was perfect for the role but most critics agreed that Imran was miscast. Ajay-Emmy supported each other well b/c both are strong actors, but Imran didn't do a good enough job.

Besides, OUTIM comes from a successful sequel so just based on that it wouldn't have mattered when it released b/c it would have done well. But the story wasn't as good as the first one.

Honestly, she should have released on the same day if she wanted but I still don't think it would have done well. 

Iam not debating what you are saying lol and agree with most your points barring some and place blame to ekta as well!! Anyhow hope you enjoy your day😊😊

Edited by wat_up - 10 years ago
-RaeesRiks- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I blame Salman..it is only because of the HUG with SRK that made the difference

If that didnt happen, CE would have tanked and OUATIMD got a good number of screens

πŸ˜†
Kya.Bolta.Tu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Ekta it is your fault,if CE is making money why would they remove it from the screens,they would want to makemoney,not keep your word!
NautankiSaali17 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7
LOLOLOL lo phir saare log mere SRK ke peeche pad gaye...all he has to do is clash with some movie and bam he is THE one who did all sorts of black magic and bullying every theaterwala and audience to go see his movie...and theater ppl r idiots who decides to  showcase a movie which is doing exceedingly well rather than a movie which has a bad WOM as well critics review πŸ₯±

and people who are saying that UTV honkos didnt give enough screens to OUATIMD and blah blah as promised I dont think they have the 100 percent say on that...its the theater owner and distributors decide that which movie should have more screens and no. of shows per day...how on earth can SRK foul play in that πŸ˜•

and Ekta maiyaa...not everyone runs behind you...honey this is bollywood not your tellywood where everyone fakes and makes you feel like god of everything...this is pure business...for once I feel that Ajay took the right decision to clash...but here I feel bad for Akki...he does not deserve to be in such movies and Imraan khan...arrgghhh less said the better πŸ₯±