Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 10

Page 1
Page   of 10
Page 3 Page 10

LoveToLaugh

LoveToLaugh

Posted: 21 August 2013 at 6:12am | IP Logged

Read A Mighty Heart by Mariane pearl. It is a true story about an American journalist, Daniel pearl, who was held captive by terrorists and later beheaded. The story is tragic. The book is a tribute to a man who was good and did not deserve to die. I was crying profusely by the end but more than anything, this is one book that I think everybody should read because we need to know these stories.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-cs-07zephyr29

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Books that made you cry :P (Page 2)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

zephyr29

IF-Rockerz

zephyr29

Posted: 23 August 2013 at 7:47am | IP Logged
I never get overly emotional while reading books but there were a few which made me feel hollow and emotionally drained. One book which actually made me tear up was The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox by Maggie O' Farrell. It was no conventional tear-jerker but something about the story just made me lose it.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

LoveToLaugh-Swetha-

zephyr29

IF-Rockerz

zephyr29

Posted: 23 August 2013 at 8:01am | IP Logged
I also remember being extremely sad after reading Atonement by Ian McEwan, mainly thinking about how a silly childish mistake, even something that you say, can completely turn around your life with unexpected consequences.

Don't know why, but remember feeling pretty depressed after finishing Mockingjay Tongue!

LoveToLaugh-Swetha-

LoveToLaugh

LoveToLaugh

Posted: 23 August 2013 at 2:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by zephyr29

I never get overly emotional while reading books but there were a few which made me feel hollow and emotionally drained. One book which actually made me tear up was The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox by Maggie O' Farrell. It was no conventional tear-jerker but something about the story just made me lose it.

I get that feeling. The first two chapters of Khaled Hosseini's And the mountains echoed made me feel so depressed, it used to haunt me in bed. (The rest of the book, sadly, was very average.)

I have never heard of this book but the just the title makes me want to pick it up.

-Swetha-zephyr29

tehreem.

tehreem.

Posted: 24 August 2013 at 10:54am | IP Logged
The fault in our stars by John Green for sure.
even thinking abt it makes me cry 

purple.starSamilicious...KillTheBitch.

WhenInRome

IF-Dazzler

WhenInRome

Posted: 24 August 2013 at 11:10am | IP Logged
thank you so much guys for suggestions :)

i'll deffo read these books :)

bookworm-ALS--

IF-Stunnerz

bookworm-ALS--

Posted: 25 August 2013 at 10:13am | IP Logged
I can't really remember, but I think the first time I literally sobbed during a book was Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I think that actually made me cry worse than any other book, so it's the one that I remember.

-Swetha-rimi10WhenInRome

zephyr29

IF-Rockerz

zephyr29

Posted: 02 September 2013 at 6:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by LoveToLaugh

Originally posted by zephyr29

I get that feeling. The first two chapters of Khaled Hosseini's And the mountains echoed made me feel so depressed, it used to haunt me in bed. (The rest of the book, sadly, was very average.)

I have never heard of this book but the just the title makes me want to pick it up.

@bold, It was the title alone which made me pick it up LOL, and I'm so glad I did Smile.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top