Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

tara_211

IF-Dazzler

tara_211

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 12:50am | IP Logged
The King is a fighting piece - use it! - Wilhelm Steinitz

The highlight of today's episode was Jalal's change of decision...but that could hv been postponed to the next episode so that THE CHESS cum THE FIRST PUBLIC FACE-OFF of Jodha-Ruqqaiya carried its importance. Nevertheless...few bits in the scene stood out and gonna mention those.

I know the chess experts (i m not even one!) would have had a heart attack seeing the ridiculous manner... the game was played...! The first public show-off of Jodha-Ruqqaiyaa and so not worth the hype...But keeping the mockery of chess aside (the main thing aside!)...liked few bits..

Firstly, I loved the irony in the dialogue of Jodha ...humaare shahenshah ko phasane ke chakkar mein ...aap apne badhshah ko bhool gayi...SO APT to the current scenario...
As of now Ruqqaiya is only thinking of getting Jodha down nd doesn't mind even throwing Jalal on her again nd again...if needed...but is forgetting that she is just sending her Jalal away from herself..!
Dunno why is Ruqqaiya so afraid of losing Jalal to Jodha at such an early stage...Her this mistake is gonna cost her just the way it has in the chess game!  She currently holds the most important place in Jalal's life compared to tall the begums...yet instead of solidifying that she is more focused on being the nakhra queen and weak person...This ruined Ruqaiya is just irritating and not interesting!

Secondly, Jodha declining the farman in the most respectful and elegant way...People like Ruqqaiya will consider tht as an insult...but the way Jodha said it out...even Jalal took less offence and more pride..! The lady is so sophisticated..and how much ever nautanki/crying or blaming kanha for every thing..she does in her room...she poses as CLASS in front of the world...! 

Thirdly, Jodhas walk from the game seat towards the emperorClap...one superbly directed sceneThumbs Up...it clearly potrayed that how Jodha carried the Rajput honour and dignity with her in front of the Mughal emperor and community!

------

Edited by tara_211 - 20 August 2013 at 12:50am

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

sonaltaurosweet_dikshaSShreShthAchinuchinuSuper KoolAutumn_Rose-Suni-..Tahniat..riyya6lashy....Poojie....

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Jodha-Ruqaiya - The Chess Game" in Jodha Akbar forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

..Tahniat..

IF-Stunnerz

..Tahniat..

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 12:57am | IP Logged
Seriously Yaar the chess game was really good. Ruqqu was so sure that she won that she got up to leave but Jodha spoke in such manned with Ruqqu that I don't know y I was feeling proud. The Farman rejection part was also good. It's good that she said that it was all for Shehensha's pride not The Rajput one.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

tara_211riyya6

tara_211

IF-Dazzler

tara_211

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 1:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ashvikfever

Seriously Yaar the chess game was really good. Ruqqu was so sure that she won that she got up to leave but Jodha spoke in such manned with Ruqqu that I don't know y I was feeling proud. The Farman rejection part was also good. It's good that she said that it was all for Shehensha's pride not The Rajput one.

Yes...Jodha talks sense...atleast in public..!

And this is a characteristic of a smart lady...u should know how to put ur point across in a way that the person feels less offended...When at one place she rejected the farman...her saying she played it for Shahenshahs respect automatically wipes out the formers importance. He dint like her rejecting and tht is obvious...yet he knew...that this isnt going to be a topic of gossip amongst the people...LOLL..nd he was relieved with tht thought!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

elasingh

lashy

IF-Stunnerz

lashy

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 1:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tara_211

The lady is so sophisticated..and how much ever nautanki/crying or blaming kanha for every thing..she does in her room...she poses as CLASS in front of the world...! 

Thirdly, Jodhas walk from the game seat towards the emperorClap...one superbly directed sceneThumbs Up...it clearly potrayed that how Jodha carried the Rajput honour and dignity with her in front of the Mughal emperor and community!

------

You described all that Jodha  epitomizes in that ONE sentence!!!! Clap

As for the chess game (forget expert, I'd have a tough time differentiating a rook from a pawn!!!) so that didn't make much of an impact on me...but you're right in that the scene barely lasted 3 minutes while the viewers have been treated to a 3 day-or-so buildup to the face-off...lol 

Every scene in this serial has more pace than the usual Ekta fare and definitely faster then the current trend of serials...no boom boom zoom zoom on the face scenes...no slow build-up with haunting music etc etc...Why, an entire war was wrapped in less than 10 minutes...BK (who was such an imp character for the first 4-5 weeks) disappears with just a voiceover...then I guess 3 minutes for a chess game is possibly right lol... 

I have a feeling EK is aware this serial might not be able to last too long thanks to protests et al...so none of the serial is being stretched much at all...Confused I wish they spent less Mainawati-Jodha crying screen time and more time on such thrilling angles that this serial is capable  of depicting...

Edited by lashy - 20 August 2013 at 1:14am

tara_211

Autumn_Rose

IF-Sizzlerz

Autumn_Rose

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 1:26am | IP Logged
Jodha was at her best in yesterday's episode.. The best part was when she said she did it for jalal.. The lady has class!!  Ruqayya could have take the defeated sportingly, instead she just storms off.

tara_211

tara_211

IF-Dazzler

tara_211

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 1:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lashy

The lady is so sophisticated..and how much ever nautanki/crying or blaming kanha for every thing..she does in her room...she poses as CLASS in front of the world...! 

------

You described all that Jodha  epitomizes in that ONE sentence!!!! Clap

As for the chess game (forget expert, I'd have a tough time differentiating a rook from a pawn!!!) so that didn't make much of an impact on me...but you're right in that the scene barely lasted 3 minutes while the viewers have been treated to a 3 day-or-so buildup to the face-off...lol 

LOLLL...exactly...i expected some interesting war of words between Jodha and Ruqqaiya while playing the game..but it was all bg muzik! 

Every scene in this serial has more pace than the usual Ekta fare and definitely faster then the current trend of serials...no boom boom zoom zoom on the face scenes...no slow build-up with haunting music etc etc...Why, an entire war was wrapped in less than 10 minutes...BK (who was such an imp character for the first 4-5 weeks) disappears with just a voiceover...then I guess 3 minutes for a chess game is possibly right lol... 

I knoww...the writers lose the plot and fail to give an appropriate ending to it...happens with most Indian dailies..lolll ...every scene carries it share of wow moments and bloopers...i choose to ignore the latter to njoi the show...else its irritaing to sit thru...LOL

I have a feeling EK is aware this serial might not be able to last too long thanks to protests et al...so none of the serial is being stretched much at all...Confused I wish they spent less Mainawati-Jodha crying screen time and more time on such thrilling angles that this serial is capable  of depicting...

Ohhh...tht crying scene was the funniest...Mainavati should never leave Amer...!
I roll my eyes just like Mahamanga on seeing Jodha Mainavati scenes and Motibais intelligence...LOL

Super Kool

IF-Sizzlerz

Super Kool

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 1:38am | IP Logged

Secondly, Jodha declining the farman in the most respectful and elegant way...People like Ruqqaiya will consider tht as an insult...but the way Jodha said it out...even Jalal took less offence and more pride..! The lady is so sophisticated..and how much ever nautanki/crying or blaming kanha for every thing..she does in her room...she poses as CLASS in front of the world...! 

Bang on...!!!!!ClapHer manners are exquisite towards everyone(except jalal, in confines of their room)...loved the way she carried herself...

tara_211

sfdiva23

Groupbie

sfdiva23

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 8:16am | IP Logged
I agree that the game moves could have been done much more interesting and then have the scene where Ruquaiya gets up.  But it would be unusual for a good chess player to not see what move her opponent had made.  I think they should have developed the moves on the chess board with more dialog  but I guess they were afraid to make it boring.

Also, showing Ruquiya as someone of strength rather then someone so jealous would be more interesting.  She was the most powerful begum and wife of Akbar's historically.

Edited by sfdiva23 - 20 August 2013 at 8:18am

tara_211

Post Reply New Post

Go to top