u r right...

no need of so much attention for anandi...its all to make sachi jealous...Dead

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shalinii173

champawati Groupbie
champawati
champawati

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 1:06am | IP Logged
Senior women of Indian household still have this concept that they or any other women in house (except mother) has the right to name the baby.

I guess this is why CVs tried to show DS asking Ananadi  to name the baby.

May be in olden days mothers did not mind if somebody else named their bundle of joy because they used to get married early , starting family  doing household chores was the main duty of women folk.

But, now things are changed we first get through university then get married and finally while coping up with study/job/household/relationships try to bring our cutie pie to this world.
also most of the educated young people now have few babies in comparison to past. So I think now it has to be parents to decide the name of their baby and nobody else.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

aimy.hisusmita_goofyCat_RainbowSun

anshurg5 IF-Sizzlerz
anshurg5
anshurg5

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 6:01am | IP Logged
In many parts of India Bua names the new born child. Perhaps this happens to show the daughter of the house that she still considered as the part of the family and her opinion still matters. Here in Gahna's daughter's case,she has no bua thus DS gave that right to another daughter of the house Anandi (since Sugna was not present there and Anandi was always with them earlier through all the ups and downs of the life.) I do not consider anything wrong in this according to customs Her lecture about mother's right to name her child  was a bit long, no doubt but her idea was definitely good. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

aimy.umamhisusmita_goofyCat_

hisusmita IF-Sizzlerz
hisusmita
hisusmita

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 6:12am | IP Logged
Anandi is the daughter of the house, Jagya was their son, blood relation but still he cudnt do any of his responsibilities, When Jagya left his family its Anandi who was with them in their every problem, It was never easy for her, She has to won the place with her love, care and respect, DS was no less than RAT's mom that time. But its that little Anandi who has changed her completely. So she has every right as a daughter in that house. Singh family always had the guilt in them that becoz of their son this girl had to suffer whom they brought in their house in that tender age and couldnt do anything, So she always holds a special place in their heart.

In many places there is such custom that parents cant name their baby though our mindset has changed now. This is just to show another unnecessary ritual getting changed thru Anandi as obviously she is the protagnist of the show.

Anandi's bhasans are always lengthy, nothing new in it , but definitely the idea was good

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

umamanshurg5_goofyCat_

Manasi_16 IF-Rockerz
Manasi_16
Manasi_16

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 6:18am | IP Logged
The lecture was definitely too long & uncalled for. But Bua naming the child is a very common custom in India. Mye & my elder brother have also been named by our Bua.

Infact I have also named my nephew!!! But difference was that I had asked my bhabhi what name she wanted for her sonLOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

hookedshalinii173koolsadhu1000

Go to top